NEurope
dazzybee

My first distribution deal :D

Don't know if this should go in creative or what, I don't know. But just had confirmation of my short film being distributed at retail from an american distributor, but they sell all over the world. It's not a big deal as such, but at least the film will get more recognition and I'll actually get money from it!

The film is called Invisible, I made it nearly 2 years ago and over the past 18 months has been playing at festivals across the world and even picking up a few awards. So this is great news to end it with!

I've just finished my latest short which will be being whored out from next month again!!

But yey!!! :D

Congratulations!!!!! I'm guessing you're even happier with this than the tour of your play?

Nice one :) What festivals?

Dazzy, we want signed copies. Tickets to your play or a DVD of your film should be the prize for our weekly Mario Karting! :hehe:

Wow, congratulations, not only for distribution, but for making a short and getting it played at festivals.

I didn't even know you were in that business. I'm not sure where you'd start with that.

Congrats dude! As a side-note, I'm really, really trying to get myself and a few other forumites off to see your last show in manchester. If we can get a chat with you, then can we get a grab of your short too? ;)

Seriously, though; well done! You've already achieved a lot more than I could ever hope to do. Con...well... er... [another way of putting it]

That's impressive!! - I'm learning about the distribution of films at the mo and it's not easy getting everything organised (by the looks of it!) Well Done :yay: I bet it's so satisfying getting your work noticed!! This might sound like a stoopid question but what did you work with on the film?

What do you mean, do you mean what did I shoot it on? HD with set of prime lenses, though primarily used a zoom lens due to the style.

Thanks guys! It's nothing major major but it's a pretty good thing that is already getting people more interested in the work :)

Congratulations!!!!! I'm guessing you're even happier with this than the tour of your play?

Nice one :) What festivals?

Hmm, I don't know actually, I think in the long run film is what I'll do more of, but theatre's my background. It's just been a fantastic year actually, it's been stupidly hard but it's all paying off! Hopefully next year will be even better :D

Don't know if this should go in creative or what, I don't know.

(if it were a 'heres my movie, what do you think?' kind of thing yeah, as it is its cool)

Congrats dazzy, thats fantastic news :D