NEurope
Guest Maase

Family Guy thread

Hum... so no one heard of it, hun?

No one? Not even one poor soul ever heard of this, hun?

Well, it was in my knowledge that everyone knows...

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE BIRD IS THE WORD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WtIV8PKQYM - BEST REFERENCE EVER!!!

Seriously, though, does anyone still watch it? Its getting better, i actually thought it would get like Simpsons, but i got surprised :yay:

The last season of Family Guy shown in the UK (season 7 for us, season 6 for America) was a bit hit and miss. Didn't really live up to the standard set by Stewie Kills Lois. I don't think it'll have as much staying power as the Simpsons though. Some of the jokes in Family Guy have gone downhill fast and become really unfunny. I just hope that it doesn't get strung out for 20 seasons or whatever like the Simpsons. Watching the new Simpsons is painful compared to watching the old stuff.

I find it hilarious, but there's only so many references to pop culture they can use to make a joke before it starts getting stale.

I love Family Guy, but have only seen the odd episode when it was shown late on BBC2 earlier in the year. When the DVD's come down in price to £9.99 or less I shall buy.

Oh, so UK is just like Portugal, hun?

Take 5 months to get the next season there, :'(

Well, that's why i watch it on FamilyGuyX :D

(The reference is from the last episode, which aired 2 days ago)

I started watching it over summer on BBC3 and I'm absolutely hooked. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to take the rudeness in animation seriously, but the humour is genuinely very intelligent.

Family Guy > Futurama > Simpsons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> King of the Hill

I started watching it over summer on BBC3 and I'm absolutely hooked. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to take the rudeness in animation seriously, but the humour is genuinely very intelligent.

Family Guy > Futurama > Simpsons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> King of the Hill

Let me fix it:

Family Guy > Futurama > Simpsons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> King of the Hill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> American Dad

Forgot about that, gosh, Seth did a awful show and a brilliant show at the same time X_X

I love Family Guy, it's one of the few shows on tv that actually makes me LOL.

Can't get enough, it's also one of those shows where you can watch an episode over and over :)

I enjoyed Family Guy before it got cancelled, then when it came back I thought it was a bit crap. I still watch the new eps though with a mate. Saw the new one earlier, it was shite.

Whichever episode it was that aired in the US last night, i'll check

EDIT: 7x02 I think but its hard to tell as for some reason the US and the rest of the world have done them differently and split some seasons up

You didn't like the one with Jesus?

Seriously? That's one of the best episodes i saw, and i saw them all :o

Yeah I thought it was bollocks, but then as I said, I dont really like the show anymore anyway

Let me fix it:

Family Guy > Futurama > Simpsons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> King of the Hill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> American Dad

Forgot about that, gosh, Seth did a awful show and a brilliant show at the same time X_X

Clearly you are insane.

American Dad is funking hilarious. Family Guy definitely has it's moments, but I somehow think after the next few seasons it'll end up getting a bit boring. Still, I'm enjoying it at the moment for sure.

ok, well, if i can give my opinion, that was flumping awsome.

bird is the word will be used at the gym with mates

i like family. a lot. i like american dad more, i like southpark a little more then that (though the latest serise was a bit poo on the most part) i like the simpsons, but its deffinatly not the same show any more, and its worse for it. futurama was pretty good, but i dont love it as much. as for king of the hill, personaly, i love that too. its not the same type of thing as the outhers though, its the only one which i think dosent really need to be done as a cartoon. it has alot more depth of character then any of the previously mentioned programs, and dosent really on the tottaly surreal to get a laugh. still, id not buy the box set, i find episodes can only be watched once.

Having seen every episode of: Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons, Futurama and around half of South Park. Personally its in this order for me:

(before Futurama DVD specials)

Futurama > American Dad > South Park > Family Guy > Simpsons

(after Futurama DVD specials)

American Dad > South Park > Family Guy > Futurama > Simpsons.

The bird is the word joke was actually pretty funny, a fairly random episode without too many "like when" clips. American Dad however is just consistantly genius, seriously the last two weeks episodes have just been utter flawless.

South Park > Futurama > American Dad > Simpsons > Family Guy

Is the correct order. Although I will admit that Family Guy is way better this season, the same applies for the simpsons. South Park has had a fairly weak season so far but the last two were just amazing and there's still another 8 episodes to go. Futurama comes second for most consistent quality over a short period. Same goes for american dad. Simpsons beats out family guy for the sheer mass of good television from seasons 3-11.

The Office Space reference in the latest Family Guy was awesome! :awesome:

I have to say I did like the latest episode. Prefered it to last weeks it was stupid but I couldn't help but laugh when Peter broke into that song! :D

I have seen every episode of The Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, Family Guy and American Dad and I love all of them!

American Dad is underated, i find! It is hilarious and the stories are a lot better constructed than Family Guy's. The latest Simpsons Episode was funny as well and felt much more coherent than the last few it was nice to see Homer have a smaller role and them concentrating on Bart.

Futurama is just golden and I love pretty much every episode. I didn't feel the movies brought it down too much. South Parks latest Season has been excellent with The whole Internet thing With Randy. :p but it does have its misses along with Family Guy and The Simpsons.

American Dad just keeps getting better and better! I ned to buy more on DVD!

Family Guy and The Simpsons have started out stronger this season, I hope they continue down a good path. The Quality of The Simpsons up from the first two episodes of Season 19 has raised the bar!

It is difficult for me to order them as it always shifts around but for now seeing as I'm mad about The Simpsons. :heh:

The Simpsons > South Park > Futurama >American Dad > Family Guy.

I love all of them though so I'm not stating that I dislike Family Guy as I do think a lot of it is brilliant. Ask me again tomorrow and it would probably be different. Except for The Simpsons for me that is always on top. :grin:

South Park > Futurama > American Dad > Simpsons > Family Guy

This seems correct.

I really dislike Family Guy, though. There are a few funny moments, but I'm not really into its format. I'll still watch it if there's nothing better to do.

Oi! I will not have a bad word said about King of the Hill. If you have watched the program it is funnier than the Simpsons. It's hard to explain some of the jokes in it because you have to watch it to understand it.

So far, the new season seems pretty good.

Also:

Futurama >> Family Guy >(Massive Gap)> The Simpsons > American Dad

(I haven't really watched South Park, only seen three episodes)

I want to buy the new DVD....out this month? Who knows. But I cannot wait.

Also......hun?