N-Europe

Adobe CS4!

Emasher

Ok, So I'm going to have to give some advice to my boss on buying software. Which will either be Adobe Design Standard or Adobe Design Premium. Now I believe there will be two people working at the same time, so that means we would need to buy two copies of either -

Adobe Design Standard

Adobe Design Premium

Is this correct, is there any way of getting it cheaper if you buy two? Or would they still be at full price? I did read on adobe's website that could can install a copy on two machines but they cannot be run at the same time.

So you don't own your clothes? Your mobile phone isn't yours?

I'm pretty sure its all in my parents name actually.

Thats not to say they aren't going to give me everything I "own" as a gift when I turn 18. Though, lets get back on topic.

Ok, So I'm going to have to give some advice to my boss on buying software. Which will either be Adobe Design Standard or Adobe Design Premium. Now I believe there will be two people working at the same time, so that means we would need to buy two copies of either -

Adobe Design Standard

Adobe Design Premium

Is this correct, is there any way of getting it cheaper if you buy two? Or would they still be at full price? I did read on adobe's website that could can install a copy on two machines but they cannot be run at the same time.

I don't think you can get a deal for a business, especially for only 2 copies.

If you're doing stuff that might need to go on the web, I'd go for design premium, if its just print stick with standard. And if you don't need InDesign, go for the web bundles, they have more stuff in them.

It would need it to put together a magazine. So illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop are all essentials. Which would suit the standard package.

But i think there maybe a little bit web work involved. Is an extra £500 worth it for dreamweaver? I can't use Flash or Fireworks

It would need it to put together a magazine. So illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop are all essentials. Which would suit the standard package.

But i think there maybe a little bit web work involved. Is an extra £500 worth it for dreamweaver? I can't use Flash or Fireworks

Perhaps you should look at what the price of getting DW alone plus Design standard is. Alot of people will tell you that learning HTML and using TextEdit/Notepad is better. But in your case it sounds like you could use DW. Perhaps you could find a use for Flash and Fireworks. Also, could you use some of the extra stuff in PS extended.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i think im getting the student version :D i think.. i hope..

id rather pay 150 than 50+ anyday :P

oh yeh - the reason why i bumped this to begin with - is a student version any different from the normal version?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can't upgrade it.

i think im getting the student version :D i think.. i hope..

id rather pay 150 than 50+ anyday :P

oh yeh - the reason why i bumped this to begin with - is a student version any different from the normal version?

realistically, there's no good reason to buy the hyper mega bells and whistles version unless you're in a big company or a developer. certain programs and functions simply aren't necessary to the student.