NEurope
Emasher

Adobe CS4!

Whats wrong with GIMP?

Instead of teh Photoshop

Photoshop has way more features and everything, its just overall better.

That's a serious amount of moolah... Who in their right mind would fork out that sort of money??

Lots of people. Once you use the features in them, you can barely live without them. Its defiantly worth the money. Just look at some of the demo videos and you'll see how slick they are.

Now, they are professional applications, the price isn't intended for just anyone, thats what PSE is for.

I dont think its actually better really, also what would you rather have?

Id much rather have GIMP and £500 in my pocket tbh

I take it you've never used Photoshop. I've gone from using The Gimp to Photoshop (about a year and a half ago) and I'd never go back. Its just that good.

When I look at CS4 (and I'm not just talking about PS here) I see how slick all the new features are. It takes things that were tedious and took forever before, and makes it so you can do it in just a few clicks.

Just look at the content aware scaling in Photoshop.

Look at the bones tool in Flash.

It all depends if you're using it professionally. £500 isn't that much if it's going to be part of your living. Also there are usually student editions etc. Besides, it's mostly companies and businesses that fork out for this kind of software (or rich kids *cough*). I signed up to be emailed about the broadcast revealing CS4 but I haven't heard anything yet, how late is it going to be? It's nearly 11pm here :3

GIMP is great for a free application, but it is nothing compared to Photoshop/Fireworks/Flash/Dreamweaver/Illustrator etc. etc..

It was this morning actually. You'll be able to get it on the CS Podcast in a few days I would think though. All the information from it is online anyway.

All of the CS3 integration works amazingly well. Having worked for Hallmark mainly using Photoshop / Illustrator and Indeisgn there is no better alternative out there.

Sure if your sat at home and need to re-size and image im sure gimp will suffice, for anything done of a professional level...I really wouldn't want to use gimp.

Yes i have used Photoshop

For any length of time while also taking advantage of features not in Gimp?

Personally I'm only interested in fireworks and flash as I'm an old macromedia boy. I've used photoshop before, but I just couldn't get used to the interface. I'm just glad adobe didn't decide to phase it out.

Well, fireworks does duplicate some PS functionality. It has more powerful web type stuff, while photoshop has more powerful everything else pretty much.

Its not really like GoLive and Dreamweaver where both applications did the exact same things.

Photoshop CS4, Fireworks CS4, and Flash CS4 are all pretty much going to have the same interface though this time around.

Canvas rotation!!!! At last.

I'm still on CS2 here, might be time to upgrade.

That's a serious amount of moolah... Who in their right mind would fork out that sort of money??

Loads of businesses will happily pay that much for quality software.

Photoshop has way more features and everything, its just overall better.

Lots of people. Once you use the features in them, you can barely live without them. Its defiantly worth the money. Just look at some of the demo videos and you'll see how slick they are.

Now, they are professional applications, the price isn't intended for just anyone, thats what PSE is for.

Did you pay for it?

I wonder what the percentage of people who own it legally to illegally is.

I know Id never pay that amount for it, for personal use.

Loads of businesses will happily pay that much for quality software.

Ok, yes for a big company, its a business expense. I was thinking more along the lines of your average person. I know I ain't gonna fork out half of my monthly wage to buy it :P

And I also prefer Fireworks etc. Just so much simpler to use IMO.

I had a go with fireworks... I just don't get it :/ and all the pre-built styles are so much uglier than you can make with a few gradients and blending options. The main advantage of it seems to be that it comes with a bunch of pre-made buttons/templates etc, but if you use those, you take away all individuality from your design.

I'm looking forward to... trialing... CS4.

Lol. I wouldn't be able to afford it by myself. My dad needed it for his business, and since with the CS license you are able to install it on 2 computers as long as they are owned by the same person (and since I'm under 18 my parents really own my computer). So it ended up getting installed on my powerbook as the secondary computer.

Lol. I wouldn't be able to afford it by myself. My dad needed it for his business, and since with the CS license you are able to install it on 2 computers as long as they are owned by the same person (and since I'm under 18 my parents really own my computer). So it ended up getting installed on my powerbook as the secondary computer.

Why do your parents own your computer?

People can own things at any age.