NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Holding a Conference- October 2nd

The idea that it could have larger storage than the wii makes me laugh...

But yeah i'm very interested atm :)

Let it play video files dammit, I want to watch stuff on my way/back from Uni :heh:

I would probably pick it up on the first day if it had that with a reasonable size. Would be hella funny if it was bigger than the Wii though.

There are sooo many Nintendo franchises that would work better as an MMO. Perhaps one taking place in the Metroid universe.

Also, the one feature I would like the new DS to have is a handheld VC where you could buy GB, GBC and maybe even GBA games. Nothing else would really matter to me.

Just video games for me please.

I'm with this. Apart from a storage solution, I don't want any new hardware.

There are sooo many Nintendo franchises that would work better as an MMO. Perhaps one taking place in the Metroid universe.

If they included the races from Hunters (Note: I never played it) it would have plenty of potential.

A Zelda and even a Fire Emblem MMO would also be good settings.

And I can also get behind the "only games" bandwagon.

By a FE MMO do you mean one taking place in the FE universe?

I'll say "Games + Storage Solution only" too.

By a FE MMO do you mean one taking place in the FE universe?

Yeah. I can't see strategy turn-based combat sitting well with the MMO crowd.

But considering FE consists on armies travelling around, and people joining if they so wish, it could work. And it could include the different FE worlds, since they're all just continents.

Even as a separate world, an FE-based MMO would certainly be feasible.

Of course, if Nintendo ever makes an MMO, odds are it will be a new IP.

Is there any coverage of this event, like a live (text or video) feed, on the internet? I'm pretty awake at the moment and might stay up for it.

That's what i'm looking for, trying to see if there's a text live feed anywhere.

Japanese event

Japan: 1:30 PM Thursday

Europe: 6:30 AM Thursday

UK: 5:30 AM Thursday

Pacific: 9:30 PM Wednesday

Japanese event

Japan: 1:30 PM Thursday

Europe: 6:30 AM Thursday

UK: 5:30 AM Thursday

Pacific: 9:30 PM Wednesday

Thanks man, guess I'll read the news tomorrow.

Because its a terrible idea that will destroy the franchise

O, hush up with that ****. I don't want to sound like a prick, but an opinion like that is just so egotistical. Quite frankly, Pokemon can't survive by doing the same ole routine of adding a few extra pokemon here and there and adding a new world/continent with the exact same 'mechanics' as the previous games. This has been going on for over a decade now. Nintendo need to start THINKING about better ways of reintroducing Pokemon (and other franchises) to the public once again, and a Pokemon MMORPG is something I feel, if done correctly, would be in a calibur of it's own and pretty much neverending.

O, hush up with that ****. I don't want to sound like a prick, but an opinion like that is just so egotistical. Quite frankly, Pokemon can't survive by doing the same ole routine of adding a few extra pokemon here and there and adding a new world/continent with the exact same 'mechanics' as the previous games. This has been going on for over a decade now. Nintendo need to start THINKING about better ways of reintroducing Pokemon (and other franchises) to the public once again, and a Pokemon MMORPG is something I feel, if done correctly, would be in a calibur of it's own and pretty much neverending.

But really, where would they go after that? Pokemon as it is sells just fine. And there are better ways they would be able to change it. As good as a Pokemon MMO would be in the short run. It just wouldn't be that good in the long run.

Since its a 11:30 my time, I'm going to have to read about it tomorrow. I'll wake up early to read about it, it just better not be something stupid like Wii Play 2.

I think I might just stay up for the event, I have trouble sleeping anyway.

Talking about MMO, they could have an MMO based on the Nintendo universe instead of any specific game. Would be amazing.

If the new DS iteration is true then I am glad I didn't buy a lite, still play my VIP-DS. If it is true then I will be buying the new version, sounds cool.

Talking about MMO, the could have an MMO based on the Nintendo universe instead of any specific game.

Would be amazing.

That could turn out well. I'd love to see any kind of game besides SSB that combines multiple Nintendo universes.

It's possible that Joystiq might be doing live text updates. They'll definately be posting news tonight, but it might not be until the conference has finished.

I wasn't even planning on being awake at this time, may aswell scout around now that I am.

*Yawn* Morning, everyone. I was hoping it would have all been over by the time I got up today, but it's only just starting. Guess I'll have to get ready for work now and catch up on the news in half an hour or so..