NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Edjamakated

Why Zelda Wii will probably be the best game ever.

hahaha, so many lulz in that article. Matt should shut up until Kid Icarus get's shown. :heh:

Everything he says, always has to do with voice acting, gives me the shits >_<

I just read the article. I don't think it really had much to say, but it sure as hell got me excited for the next Zelda game.

I wouldn't really care if the next Zelda controlled and played very similar to TP. TP's controls were pretty good. It just needs to introduce some new that advances adventure games like all great zeldas have.

I would be incredibly happy a new Zelda that plays pretty much like TP but with a new plot and stuff of course and possibly some new motion based controls.

And with an orchestral soundtrack. And complete abuse of the classic Zelda theme that's so seldom used in modern Zelda.

i hope nintendo dont listen to the fans this time like they did with Zelda:TP.

fans: we want a oot 2

fans after playing TP: we didnt want a game like OOT :(

I find it fascinating how with a bit of hindsight, we realise that the game which caused most initial controversy and uproar - Wind Waker - turned out to be the most fresh and possibly best Zelda game in recent times.

OOT represented new ideas and a fresh new style of gameplay which stayed true to the original zelda formula. TP stayed true to this forumula but wasn't fresh at all; it wasn't the real 'OOT revolution' it could have been.

I find it fascinating how with a bit of hindsight, we realise that the game which caused most initial controversy and uproar - Wind Waker - turned out to be the most fresh and possibly best Zelda game ever.

Corrected that for you. To be honest, I think we'll see an episodic Zelda game on WiiWare next year to fill the gap, possibly with the graphical style of Minish Cap/Four Swords, it could have massive potential.

Actually, at least I wanted, and still want a game like OOT. The problem is that the overworld isn't as interresting as the one in Ocarina of Time. The problem is that the game was too easy, and that objects rarelly were used outside the dungeons they were first introduced. I want to once again be able to talk to every single character in the entire game, and maybe be able to buy masks to get alternate conversations. The horse scenes weren't that well implemented, and the surroundings were far from as epic as the first trailer promised.

In Ocarina of Time, you could feel the cold when evening came and turned in to night.

HOWEVER, I think that TP was the best Zelda since OOT.

And like IGN wrote, I'd like a deeper story, maybe a deviation from the old games somehow.

What I don't want is a cel-shaded Zelda with some crazy gameplay-wise deviation (if the combat system will be somehow turnbased I will find out whom made the decision and mace him).

mace.jpg

Actually, at least I wanted, and still want a game like OOT. The problem is that the overworld isn't as interresting as the one in Ocarina of Time. The problem is that the game was too easy, and that objects rarelly were used outside the dungeons they were first introduced. I want to once again be able to talk to every single character in the entire game, and maybe be able to buy masks to get alternate conversations. The horse scenes weren't that well implemented, and the surroundings were far from as epic as the first trailer promised.

In Ocarina of Time, you could feel the cold when evening came and turned in to night.

HOWEVER, I think that TP was the best Zelda since OOT.

And like IGN wrote, I'd like a deeper story, maybe a deviation from the old games somehow.

What I don't want is a cel-shaded Zelda with some crazy gameplay-wise deviation (if the combat system will be somehow turnbased I will find out whom made the decision and mace him).

mace.jpg

Dont you remember the overworld in oot was like?

Oot overworld had small peehats or large peehats, trees, running man and skullkids at night.

for me the best overworlds goes like this lltp overworld> tp overworld > mm overworld> oot overworld/ ww ocean

Thanks for the link, Hero of Time.

I really don't think people are being inconsistent or using hindsight when they praise Wind Waker. After all, it got 40/40 in Famitsu and excellent reviews elsewhere. I for one said it was the best game ever the first time I played it, and I've been saying the same ever since.

Of course, not everyone likes it, but who's to say they have changed their minds? I respect darkjak's opinion of it, because although his tastes are obviously different to my own, he's been completely consistent.

Quite simply, to a lot of people (whether you prefer the cartoony or realistic style), TP was not as good as OoT, MM or WW. MM and WW were so good, it was easy to take them on their own merits and not compare them too much to OoT. Twilight Princess, on the other hand, had so many flaws, it was extremely difficult to overlook them.

It seems to me when anyone expresses disappointment with Twilight Princess it's put down to "hype", "expectations", "nostalgia" or "hindsight". If the next Zelda is terrible, of course we'll be saying "It's not as good as Twilight Princess", but that won't be hindsight.

Again, I don't think TP had any real flaws.

The best thing to compare it to would perhaps be a class doing a test. Most Zelda games would get every question right and then get some bonus questions. Some perhaps would make a few stupid mistakes but make up for them by getting the bonus question right. TP would be like a student who got everything right, but didn't get any of the bonus questions. Lets say us gamers are the teacher marking the tests. We could compare OoT getting everything and all the bonus questions right to TP not getting any bonus questions, but still getting full marks, but should we really. Both were really good games, OoT is obviously better (understands everything and more), but should TP be penalized for not being as good (understands everything, but only everything)?

Please don't flame me if you don't understand what I'm getting at here.

I would never flame you, Emasher!

I think it's like this:

Ocarina - flawless

Majora - even better, but less flawless

Wind Waker - best so far, but not flawless (slightly incomplete)

Twilight - good, but lack of technical and artistic flair

I wasn't saying you would. It was just a general statement to anyone who reads the post.

OOT represented new ideas and a fresh new style of gameplay which stayed true to the original zelda formula.

Which were these?

Emasher's analogy is nearly perfect. Instead of bonus questions, I think of them as...thesis with original ideas, they had to present along with the tests. Those thesis were what set them apart from each other.

OoT got perfect marks in both, WW and MM had great thesis, even if the test had a few misses, while TP had a weak thesis, but a good test overall.

Which were these?

Taking most Zelda ideas to 3D is one in itself.

Other than that, there was the music-related gameplay, Epona, puzzles envolving sunrays and walking under water, etc.

I read absolute ages ago, and I think I mentioned this before, but I heard that Nintendo might make the next zelda a first person action game and with motion-plus no doubt will be incorporated into it, it might just work perfectly.

It'll be great either way, although I did prefer Celda over twilight princess :P

I read absolute ages ago, and I think I mentioned this before, but I heard that Nintendo might make the next zelda a first person action game and with motion-plus no doubt will be incorporated into it, it might just work perfectly.

Yes, allegedly, Twilight Princess has been shown behind closed doors running in 1st-person perspective. I'd prefer the ability to switch between 1st-person and 3rd-person/over-the-shoulder, personally. Either way, it would be good to be closer to the action.

It'll be great either way, although I did prefer Celda over twilight princess :P

That was just a rumor that someone invented when Shingsy said that the next zelda would be different.

Yes, allegedly, Twilight Princess has been shown behind closed doors running in 1st-person perspective. I'd prefer the ability to switch between 1st-person and 3rd-person/over-the-shoulder, personally. Either way, it would be good to be closer to the action.

I guarantee that Nintendo hasn't shown anyone who doesn't work for them anything regarding Zelda Wii.

First person sword-fighting is not as good as 3rd person, i think anyway.

First person sword-fighting is not as good as 3rd person, i think anyway.

not played elder scroles IV then?

in general i agree, its very difficult to convey the grace and danger of a sword fight in the first person, and unless motion plus lives up to its promises perfectly, i dont first person sword fights being anything outher then frustrating.

in general i agree, its very difficult to convey the grace and danger of a sword fight in the first person, and unless motion plus lives up to its promises perfectly, i dont first person sword fights being anything outher then frustrating.

Are you serious? Seriously? Jesus.

I think the reason we're all so skeptical about motion plus is because originally we thought the Wii remote itself would do that, and then it didn't. But this time the technology is there. Its down to how good the game is programed I think, not the actual hardware.

havent played elder scrolls, but oblivion wasn't that great. Thats where i got my 1st person, also i like watching them swing the sword.

Sign in to follow this