NEurope
RossK

Ghostbusters 3..script being written.hmm

i had the firehouse, silmer, ghostbuster car and the ghostbuster team. :)

I had soooo many GB toys, it was bloody immense. I still contest to this day that the fire station, with trickling ooze down the middle, is the best toy ever (and the Turtles Blimp...)

Anyone remember this bad boy?

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7143.jpg

The turtles blimp was awesome until I popped it when I threw it down the stairs and it hit the artex ceiling. ;_;

going back to the cartoon a second , the first 78 episodes of it are so awesome and rich inf folklore monsters and myths and legends and actually have some gothic feel to them.

Unfortunatley after that it turned into " SLIMER and the real ghostbusters." ..and followed the adventures of slimer and his friends such as luigi the pizza chef and the ice cream truck man....:blank:

Its true!!!

Thankfully it did eventually revert back to the original format of Real Ghostbusters at the end.:yay:

they played The Ghostbusters theme tune on Virgin (( ..alright Absolute!) radio today !

So much groovier than most of the stuff they have on!

Have you heard the Ghostbuster/Bad remix?

A long time ago in a friends car, though I was never linked to the source of its musical awesomeness. Hint hint.

A long time ago in a friends car, though I was never linked to the source of its musical awesomeness. Hint hint.

First link I hit.

EDIT:

Better link, actually uses the Bad video, but with the breaks in singing could've been done alot better with some Ghostbuster clips.

Tonight's closing night film at Fantastic Fest was CITY OF EMBER with director Gil Kenan in attendance and a surprise appearance by Bill Murray. I dug the movie (more on that later), but the reason you're reading this is due to a question Kraken asked during the Q&A.

I'm sure at some point the video of this will come out, but the non-line for line version of the question was how would Murray feel about strapping on the proton pack and kicking some ghost ass again?

I was very curious to hear Murray's answer. He's not as available to the press or public as Dan Aykroyd or Harold Ramis and he also seemed to be the least enthusiastic about a Ghostbusters sequel...

But tonight he said that he knew "some writers from THE OFFICE" were taking a stab at the script right now (which we already knew) and that he thinks that's a good start. He paused for a few seconds then said that he thinks enough time has passed and that "the wounds from GHOSTBUSTERS 2 are healed" and that he would definitely be into doing another GHOSTBUSTERS movie, stating that the first 40 minutes of the original film is some of the best stuff he's been associated with and the whole shoot was an amazing amount of fun.

He also went on to say that his enthusiasm for Ghostbusters was heightened after recording the voice of Peter Venkman for the video game over the summer. In fact, he said he found himself walking down the street singing the Ghostbusters theme song and then thought people walking around him were going to start yelling at him to "get over yourself, Bill," so he stopped... But the enthusiasm was there.

How cool is that?!?!?

And I got to shake his hand (down in a cave an hour and a half outside of Austin, no less) and have about 30 seconds of smalltalk with the man, where I blubbered something about STRIPES, CADDYSHACK and GHOSTBUSTERS being seminal films growing up and quickly ran back into the huge crowd trying to get at him. I found him to be a lot nicer and down to earth than I expected. It was a great day to be a geek...

Just thought I'd share the words from the man himself on GHOSTBUSTERS 3. If I was concerned about yet another '80s cornerstone being revisited (and possibly ruined) I'm totally over that now.

www.aintitcool.com

I had soooo many GB toys, it was bloody immense. I still contest to this day that the fire station, with trickling ooze down the middle, is the best toy ever (and the Turtles Blimp...)

Anyone remember this bad boy?

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7143.jpg

I believe I had one of those. Had the fire station, two Ecto-Mobiles for some reason, and lots of other toys. Including the characters.

Also, the cartoons rocked! Had some of those on tape, and taped off the telly, hehe.

Have you heard the Ghostbuster/Bad remix?

Oh yes, I had that on my old laptop before it broked. Pretty awesome tune, and it goes really well.

i remember having the bug monster car and the cop and the old woman turning into a monsters. :D

a30c_1.JPG

holy shit I just realised I owned every ghostbusters toy mentioned on this page -- before I even saw any of the movies. That car honest-to-god freaked me out. The slimer ooze stuff was such a waste of money. I'm pretty sure I still had a couple of tubs of it left unopened, but my mum sold/threw away.

I had that fire station and it was cool, but the strongest memory I have is seeing it on The Witches (at the end with the mouse running around it) and really, really, really wishing I was small enough to run around it too.

And let's not forget the awesome ghostbustersmobilething! That was sweet. I also had Egon and his eyes boggled out when you moved a switch on his back. I'm pretty sure I managed to get most of these for free from older family friends. Or I stole them from car boots. Being a kid was awesome. If I could have any nostalgic toys again, it would be the GB collection easily!

i remember having the bug monster car and the cop and the old woman turning into a monsters. :D

a30c_1.JPG

I HAD THOSE. :blank:

Own up people who had the proton packs with the cynlindrical foam thing coming out of it? You know I did! And the trap. Though for large periods I had to make do with two empty bottles of drink strapped together, a piece of washing line and another bottle for the gun.

Own up people who had the proton packs with the cynlindrical foam thing coming out of it? You know I did! And the trap.

That was all me too.

I think I had one. But, I can't remember it too well. I have blackspots in my memory. Like, I remember seeing the Ecto-Mobile in the cupboard, but can't remember that much about it too well.

Also, Jay, haha about the car-boot sales. Did you ever go to the ones at the Cattle Market on Sunday in Newport. I picked up so many cheap SNES games and Ghostbusters toys there, it's unbelievable.

Own up people who had the proton packs with the cynlindrical foam thing coming out of it? You know I did! And the trap. Though for large periods I had to make do with two empty bottles of drink strapped together, a piece of washing line and another bottle for the gun.

I had one of those too :D, found it in the shed a couple of years back but had to throw it out as after 12 years of lying at the back of a damp shed it kinda started to mould. :(

(I also owned all toys mentioned) God they were so awesome. Also the bin man they you empty on his head to reveal a fly head and wings etc.

Also! Lewis...omg thatd be amazing.

Mon Oct 6, 2008 — by Robert Greenberger

Bill Murray up for 'Ghostbusters 3'

Actor Bill Murray spoke at a New York news conference for City of Ember and repeated his interest in appearing in Ghostbusters 3.

The comedian also said that a script is moving forward at the moment. "There's two fellows from The Office that are writing a script, but I've yet to see it. And I'm more involved with, you know, trying to get the dessert we ordered at lunch than I am with the new Ghostbusters sequel. But it's possible. It's a great idea that they hired these two guys to do it, because I think it'll be a ... it could be a fresh look at it. And it could be funny."

If true, he would reprise his role of Dr. Peter Venkman and appear alongside Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson, Jr. more than 20 years after Ghostbusters 2.

Of the latter, he admitted, "We did a sequel, and it was sort of rather unsatisfying for me, because the first one to me was the goods. It was the real thing. And the sequel, you know, was ... it was a few years later. There was an idea pitched. And it was like, well, they got us all together in a room. We just laughed for a couple of hours. And then they said, 'What if we did another one? Here's an idea.'

"So they had this idea, but it didn't turn out to be the idea when I arrived on the set. They'd written a whole different movie than the one [initially discussed]. And the special-effects guys got it and got their hands on it. And it was just not the same movie. There were a few great scenes in it, but it wasn't the same movie. So there's never been an interest in a third Ghostbusters because the second one was kind of disappointing ... for me, anyway."

no Bill theres NEVER been an interest for a 3rd movie.!!.

:S

Murray: 'Ghostbusters Needs Girls'

9 October 2008 9:03 AM, PDT | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news

Actor Bill Murray is keen to see a new generation of Ghostbusters pick up their proton packs - especially if they are female.

The funnyman starred in the 1984 hit movie and its 1989 sequel, and has been bombarded with requests to bring the four hapless ghoul fighters back to the big screen.

And Murray is reportedly interested in reprising his original role in a new film, branding a possible third installment "a great idea".

Speculation suggests studio bosses are working on a script to team original stars Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson with a new batch of Ghostbusters, to be played by Seth Rogen, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Chris Rock.

But the Scrooged actor would like to add a more feminine aspect to the spook catching squad.

He tells MTV.com, "I think it'd be funny to have a girl Ghostbuster. We don't have a girl Ghostbuster. I mean, they say like, 'What if you passed it to Chris Rock?' And I go, 'Well, I dunno. Is Chris Rock gonna save us?' You know, I guess. He's funny."

He adds, "I just think there's some funny girls I'd love to see be Ghostbusters."

Ghostbusters GIrls..well Janine often was one in the cartoon series :heh::) but ..current actress's......any one care to share thier thoughts of who theyd like :)

id say it have to be someone who appreciates the whole ghostbuster thing not someone whos soley for the paycheque and thinks its geeky .

They'll probably end up stealing loads from Extreme Ghostbusters.

But writer's of The Office, please no.

I'm not convinced about a new team of Ghostbusters, especially the lot they picked. I don't think they could carry the film - and with a new team, I'm guessing they'd give the originals a lesser role.

It's one thing if they are going to remake the series and reboot it and have new people taking on the roles but its totally another having the others in the film and written out...

Also the guys rumoured to be in the film are middle aged themselves so the passing the torch doesn't really work as they aren't young upstarts...