N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the second DLC-pack even worth it?? Or should I wait for the new one?

I bought both packs and, to be honest, they are not worth it. The only decent-ish map is the one with the Nuke.

Also, Guerilla Games should have a word with DICE, Battlefield 1943 is how you do controls.

I bought both packs and, to be honest, they are not worth it. The only decent-ish map is the one with the Nuke.

Also, Guerilla Games should have a word with DICE, Battlefield 1943 is how you do controls.

No. The controls in Bf1943 are very slow. Some were complaining about 50ms delays in KZ2. In BF1943 its closer to full 1000ms delays. Plus its worse when you combine actions.

The map packs for KZ2 are much nicer than the entirety of BF 1943 so far.

No. The controls in Bf1943 are very slow. Some were complaining about 50ms delays in KZ2. In BF1943 its closer to full 1000ms delays. Plus its worse when you combine actions.

The map packs for KZ2 are much nicer than the entirety of BF 1943 so far.

You do know that 1000ms is 1 second right? Therefore what you are saying is there is a 1 second delay between me inputting a button command, and the action taking place on-screen? Really?

Or are you talking about latency? In which case I have not noticed any Lag whatsoever.

Oh, and Wake Island > Any KZ2 map.

Edited by MATtheHAT

You do know that 1000ms is 1 second right? Therefore what you are saying is there is a 1 second delay between me inputting a button command, and the action taking place on-screen? Really?

Oh, and Wake Island > Any KZ2 map.

Yes. Heck run and try to shoot. Takes longer than a second. Try to melee. The controls are even worse than Bad Company.

Also this is the weakest representation of Wake Island so far. Hardly any difference between the maps.

Yes. Heck run and try to shoot. Takes longer than a second. Try to melee. The controls are even worse than Bad Company.

Also this is the weakest representation of Wake Island so far. Hardly any difference between the maps.

When you are going from running to a shooting position, there is a delay built into the game mechanics. Its just trying to add a little risk/reward strategy. 'Do I run towards that sniper for the quick kill? Or do I walk with my rifle aimed in case he turns round'. Bad example, but the best I can give.

However, when I press R1 to fire my weapon, there is no delay that I can detect, its instant, like any other shooting game. I think whatever 1000ms delay you were referring to was probably the latency when the game first launched. Teething problems that most online games suffer.

When you are going from running to a shooting position, there is a delay built into the game mechanics. Its just trying to add a little risk/reward strategy. 'Do I run towards that sniper for the quick kill? Or do I walk with my rifle aimed in case he turns round'. Bad example, but the best I can give.

However, when I press R1 to fire my weapon, there is no delay that I can detect, its instant, like any other shooting game. I think whatever 1000ms delay you were referring to was probably the latency when the game first launched. Teething problems that most online games suffer.

So far my impressions are flat out negative for a battlefield game. This is the new low point of the series. The amount of inane bad design decisions is astonishing. I am guessing the game had a typical EA rushed lifecycle. My interest in Bad Company 2 is hugely diminished and fuck EA. DICE are now just another Bullfrog, Westwood etc. Keep em coming EA.

Edited by Choze

I'm sorry Choze but you just expect everything to be like KZ. 1943 is a solid shooting game that mixes things up because of the different vehicles and action. The shooting and melee stuff is about as good as they could've made it. It is a great team game and I like it, as do I like KZ and R2 and others, like Unreal.

Edge rated it a 9, which is better than the 7 it gave KZ, so it is fact that it is better than KZ. Unarguably.

Edited by dwarf

Killzone 2 'Napalm & Cordite' expansion dated for July 23

The first rumblings of Killzone 2's next DLC pack, Napalm & Cordite, came over the wire last week. Now we have a date -- and details. Hitting on July 23 (that's next Thursday!) the expansion includes two new maps: "Suljeva Cliffside" and "Arctower Landing." Both are rooted in locations from the single-player campaign; the former taking place near the Suljeva mining village, the latter in the urban hotzone of Blood Meridian.

The pack's release will also usher in the ability to use two more of the campaign mode's weapons in multiplayer -- but only on the new maps. The VC1 Flamethrower will appear for use on Suljeva Cliffside, while Arctower Landing will offer the opportunity to say "I love you" to your enemies using the Boltgun 4400.

Looks like the 23rd is gonna be packed with goodies - Wipeout, Shatter and now Killzone!

Downloaded the maps Beach Head and Southern Hills :) I must say the maps are decent, although I like Beach Head more than Southern Hills, but it's kind of dissappointing that so few people play on those maps :(

Oh and are there any volunteers help me get some of my badges?? I would be very grateful :D

Propaganda speaker? You take it to this little stand, it's marked on the screen as a green arrow or something and you basically just run into it. Make sure it's not your own stand though otherwise you're just making it worse, I've seen that happen a couple of times.

It's usually obvious which one to take it to because it's nearer the enemy base.