N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHHHH I see :D Cheers. Hate it when the 'boss' is there and you can shoot him but you have to do his waves of guys first. Meh. Realism :weep:

Radec is easy when you get to him. Its the 2nd part people find hard. Lots of tricks though.

Shame the campaign was boring. Just annoying when enemies take cover too often when you hit them a couple of times. Realistic but tedious. Plus I didn't feel that any of it was that special. As I was playing I just felt like I was wasting time when I could be online.

God why don't you admit the campaign was bad? I enjoyed the campaign in Resistance because it was much faster paced and you got what you expected. Plus the online mode is quality, just doesn't have the userbase it used to hold.

You need some teaching in good games man, you don't like HL for christs sake!

I wasn't sure there was a story in KZ. I just didn't find the KZ campaign fun. For me it was too slow, there weren't many enemy varieties. (The chaingun people that you had to shoot their backpack for were laughable)

KZ just felt like a sequence of Helghast defending buildings and stuff which got boring fast. I wanted to enjoy it.

I think the best part of it all was the bolt-gun thing that launched enemies backwards. That was awesome! Yet it only appeared once, maybe twice in the game. They should feature it as a perk or something in the online mode.

God why don't you admit the campaign was bad? I enjoyed the campaign in Resistance because it was much faster paced and you got what you expected. Plus the online mode is quality, just doesn't have the userbase it used to hold.

You need some teaching in good games man, you don't like HL for christs sake!

KZ2 has better game and shooting mechanics. R2's problem was that it was not a complete patch over the first, with unnecessary changes/omissions and it was all over the place in many ways. KZ2 was very focused in comparison, even in multiplayer. R2 tried to do everything and anything possible! I think Insomniac understand this though.

I never said i dont like HL. I just dont care for the HL2 episodes. I used to play CS Source and HL2 alot. But the engine is quite out of date nowadays and the individual episodes lack a major hook(without deals like Portal).

I wasn't sure there was a story in KZ. I just didn't find the KZ campaign fun. For me it was too slow, there weren't many enemy varieties. (The chaingun people that you had to shoot their backpack for were laughable)

KZ just felt like a sequence of Helghast defending buildings and stuff which got boring fast. I wanted to enjoy it.

I disagree those were fun bits. you could describ any fps as the above.

I think the best part of it all was the bolt-gun thing that launched enemies backwards. That was awesome! Yet it only appeared once, maybe twice in the game. They should feature it as a perk or something in the online mode.

Too powerful! Maybe if there is an everyone all teams tag the guy mode!

Well they can't all be described like that, Resistance 2 you werent just aiming and shooting with a rifle, you actually had enemies that streamed towards you, big (albeit presentational) bosses and more sort of robot enemies which took a few missiles to take down.

That's why I mentioned that the gun should be a perk or something. Obviously it wouldn't work if anyone could use it.

I really enjoyed the bit where you had to face off against that flying robot on the rooftop, the bit where the guy dies after the hostage scenario, the bit where Radec gets on the cruiser and the bit after that where you get that massive robot to control and then the nuke scene.

I liked all of those bits yet I can't really remember anyone's names other than rico, sev...should have been more cut-scenes throughout the missions. Other than that I've enjoyed it :D

The mech bit was too easy really, as was the ATAC thing. I only really knew that I was Sev. I heard Rico and other names a lot but could never match them to the respective bodies. I think the bit I enjoyed most was the bolt gun section in Pyrrus simply because it was slightly different and fun above anything. The sniping section sucked though.

No one cares who the characters are. They'll probably be dead by the next game anyway :p The enemies were very cool in Killzone though. They did well there as they were more human than usual despite the red eyes etc.

I just hope they add splitscreen and coop to the next game. If anyone is interested i think the Resistance area for Home is up today.

The sniping section sucked though.

I thought it was too easy and the snipers were underused. The red beams are always cool.

I just don't like snipers. The only time I use them is when there is a smug cock that think's he is good by camping, so if they kill me I change to scout, put a bullet through their skull and then carry on doing my thing.

I just don't like snipers. The only time I use them is when there is a smug cock that think's he is good by camping, so if they kill me I change to scout, put a bullet through their skull and then carry on doing my thing.

The scout class is really cool in KZ2 though. :D Love using them.

I gotta pop in to just say, the ISA has bar-none the worst military EVER!!!!

I'm rooting for the Helghast just on general principle that they aren't morons. I am talking about 3 particular incidents, firstly the "lighting towers" this just amazed the hell out of your group of soldiers.

Secondly, when Rico, that one chick, and a couple other people all get captured possibly with some nukes at the same time. How did they get captured?!

Lastly(to my current knowledge) after the rescue, and you're back on the ships. Alarms go off and an announcement comes on saying everyone to battle stations, a whole 30 seconds later and you're being boarded by helghans! Then 5 minutes later and you and only you are on AA taking out fighters while the rest of the fleet is being destroyed! It makes no sense!

Also, still not use too aiming. Doubt I'll ever be unless they patch it more. That said I'm usually in the top 5 of a full game with plenty of headshots and kills. I do have a good kpd atm.

I gotta pop in to just say, the ISA has bar-none the worst military EVER!!!!

I'm rooting for the Helghast just on general principle that they aren't morons. I am talking about 3 particular incidents, firstly the "lighting towers" this just amazed the hell out of your group of soldiers.

Secondly, when Rico, that one chick, and a couple other people all get captured possibly with some nukes at the same time. How did they get captured?!

Lastly(to my current knowledge) after the rescue, and you're back on the ships. Alarms go off and an announcement comes on saying everyone to battle stations, a whole 30 seconds later and you're being boarded by helghans! Then 5 minutes later and you and only you are on AA taking out fighters while the rest of the fleet is being destroyed! It makes no sense!

Also, still not use too aiming. Doubt I'll ever be unless they patch it more. That said I'm usually in the top 5 of a full game with plenty of headshots and kills. I do have a good kpd atm.

Hehe yeah the Helghast are cool. Wouldn't mind playing as them at all. The story did present neither side as innocent so who knows where the story goes. also the reinforcements seem to suggest that there is another source where Helghast came from. Aiming is just practice. I would stick to default or lower sensitivity if you are having trouble. Having said that you sound fine. Some people go minus points at times :p

There KZ2 Home t-shirts up in the shopping center if anyone is interested.

I was VERY dissapointed at the ending. All that play...for shit all. I was actually miffed and thought it ruined the experience.

Mind you, I have been playing MGS4 recently so the cut scenes in KZ2 were shockingly brief in comparison. (Not hard!) Shames. I really enjoy getting into the whole story element of a game. Rather than just running and gunning I like a bit of a team-mate/story element going on. War is about that as far as I know.

Oh well... At least the multiplayer is ace. Wish there was more sensitivity in the controls though. Must be spoiled by IR control on Wii but the turning and aiming should be faster imo. Still enjoyed it though.

KZ2 is like spending the day with a supermodel. Looks great, makes you feel cutting edge, but can definitely be very shallow and boring.

The way I see the game: Single player crap, multiplayer awesome. It's weird cause the controls aren't really that good but they don't feel bad either. I just think they're different. I prefer non-accelerating aim still.

Rather than just running and gunning I like a bit of a team-mate/story element going on. War is about that as far as I know.

They were there for killing, shooting and a kidnap, not for having fun with mates. The moment you hit Helghan there are bodies littered everywhere on both sides. The game never treats the 'good' guys as silver bullets who work with absolute precision or have a clean history. Niether are the 'bad' side completely unhuman. They have thier reasons via Visari. I knew the story wouldnt be safe as other popcorn stories in the genre.

Yeah the gameplay really shines. Replay value is superb with different ways to approach situations with amazing fps mechanics. It really helped the game is not overly scripted such as COD. You have options, lots of routes, lots of strategies and a unique cover system. I am not surprised its got amazing play stats, as it deserves it. :) Its funny how before the beta no even one imagined this would be better than R2 as a game let alone push the genre forward. I noticed even David Jaffe is singing praise about how they handled the single player game. The mechanics are brilliant :)

The way I see the game: Single player crap, multiplayer awesome. It's weird cause the controls aren't really that good but they don't feel bad either. I just think they're different. I prefer non-accelerating aim still.

I dont see how you can say its crap. Gameplay wise it more than delivers. Thats pretty much accepted all round now.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

I thought everyone thought that Killzone would be better before release.

I'm sorry but I didn't see the enjoyment in the campaign, it just felt like I was trying to push through it. For me I didn't really think they had to include it and I wouldn't have cared that much, FPS single player is never as good as a game that goes out to be a single player experience.

I thought everyone thought that Killzone would be better before release.

Nope. Not quite, after the beta yes though.

I'm sorry but I didn't see the enjoyment in the campaign, it just felt like I was trying to push through it. For me I didn't really think they had to include it and I wouldn't have cared that much, FPS single player is never as good as a game that goes out to be a single player experience.

Well some may agree with you regarding fps v other games. Compared to other big fps single player this one delivered moreso.

Dwarf and i am on for some clan matches so feel free to join and i will accomodate.

I was VERY dissapointed at the ending. All that play...for shit all. I was actually miffed and thought it ruined the experience.

It's actually one of my favourite game endings. I love how Sev just sits on the steps and that they've just totally fucked everything up. I don't recall a game ending on such a ffs note. :heh:

I also really loved the beginning of the credits. It was like some crazy music video. Would have been nice if there was a bit more of that kind of style through the game.

I loved the campaign. Just not the team AI. I completed it twice. Was SO fun on easy running round with just a knife. Got almost 300 kills with it. :D

Edited by Daft

Yeah there is plenty dlc coming. I think the next one will be KZ1 maps reworked. Different environments from Helghast.

New patch is also coming for end of the month. Got to give credit for the support.