N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

I think you need to stop comparing games with Cod. People on the Nintendo boards do it with golden eye but I think you should just treat each FPS title as a different game. Cod isn't like Killzone, or Resistance. I have respect for all three, I just like Resistance the most. The only thing is with resistance is that I haven't played it that much recently (apart from the odd hour) it's niche and not many people enjoy the more arcadey feel.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to stop comparing games with Cod. People on the Nintendo boards do it with golden eye but I think you should just treat each FPS title as a different game. Cod isn't like Killzone, or Resistance. I have respect for all three, I just like Resistance the most. The only thing is with resistance is that I haven't played it that much recently (apart from the odd hour) it's niche and not many people enjoy the more arcadey feel.

Thats because GoldenEye is the standard that all FPS's are judged against. There is a reason for that, GE was/is an incredible game.

I take your point about each game being treated seperate, but we also need a comparison against a similar title to give us a reference and a standard.

Besides, I was not even comparing the two, I was merely stating my preferred FPS.:p

Killzone Online Championships Announced! Shame that only US players are eligible as the helghan suits were up for grabs (worth $8,000) as well as DLC codes and some other stuff I just ignored. I know if we did enter, we would have been owned, especially as alot of us like myself are out of practice, but damn, would have been fun. Ah well, the DLC will get me back into the swing of Killzone.

Killzone Online Championships Announced! Shame that only US players are eligible as the helghan suits were up for grabs (worth $8,000) as well as DLC codes and some other stuff I just ignored. I know if we did enter, we would have been owned, especially as alot of us like myself are out of practice, but damn, would have been fun. Ah well, the DLC will get me back into the swing of Killzone.

Sounds nice. Hope we get one too.

I need a new tv lol. I just cant play on a 24" in the living room. Too small and too far away.

I was wandering why you havn't been on much lately.

What happened to your HD Tv?

It just got worse and worse. Had to send it off to the Technicians they wrote it off. Its already had about 5 repairs. Samsung tv. Got nothiing the front room for now so spare tvs are in use. Very little chance to game.

Its Up! The DLC is up!

Time to die!

Ok sure mine is installing as I type.

Train level is interesting, although sometimes too much is going on I think. My team got shepharded into our end of the train at the end and was almost impossible to get out which is why I used tactician. Still won 4-3.

Vetka Cruiser is one of the best maps in the game I think. Nice visually and fun to play.

Edited by dwarf

Excellent maps. Seems like there is alot to learn. But the good news is they are quite different from the other maps. The train stage has obstacles and nice layout, the cruiser is vertical based(though people arent used to it yet). Very fun. Ussualy B teams tend to handle DLC and Sony seem to give it to the A teams in comparison so Killzone is no different.

Overall i say definitely get it. You will be playing these alot as they seem to be of a high standard as well as unique. The train stage is worth price of admission alone. Excellent design.

Ok sure mine is installing as I type.

Train level is interesting, although sometimes too much is going on I think. My team got shepharded into our end of the train at the end and was almost impossible to get out which is why I used tactician. Still won 4-3.

Vetka Cruiser is one of the best maps in the game I think. Nice visually and fun to play.

What convinced you to change your mind, you didn't seem keen earlier?

I prefer ther train level. So much fun doing the objectives. Dwarf got stuck ona bad team and my team destroyed his. :bouncy:

He was pretty much the only person caring. I just ran up to the search and destroy and planted two bombs without his side giving a damn lol.

Fun map though. Really mixes up the gameplay. The objective spots are also unusual compared to the main game. Lets see if they work as well.

Edited by Choze

Yeah although to be fair when I entered the game I did pop you and your team mate with headshots just after you jumped across the train :) Tried to get the manned turret in use so I could mow down everyone but only got you and someone else with it.

Basically it's fun killing you Choze.

Yeah although to be fair when I entered the game I did pop you and your team mate with headshots just after you jumped across the train :) Tried to get the manned turret in use so I could mow down everyone but only got you and someone else with it.

Basically it's fun killing you Choze.

I concur with this motion :grin:

OK So I finally played this on the single player and got to Radec...he's at the other end of some massive room in his palace, I'm on the second floor and he keeps going invisible. Picked up sniper rifle, hit him a few times (I think!) and nowt's happening.

Any tips?! Am I meant to forget him and focus on his men? Am I meant to charge at him?!

Edited by tapedeck

Erm, If you're at the part when you go upstairs for the first time you basically have to destroy all the waves of enemies inlcuding th people with rofl launchers, eventually you'll fight the man himself.

Erm, If you're at the part when you go upstairs for the first time you basically have to destroy all the waves of enemies inlcuding th people with rofl launchers, eventually you'll fight the man himself.

AHHHHH I see :D Cheers. Hate it when the 'boss' is there and you can shoot him but you have to do his waves of guys first. Meh. Realism :weep: