N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a limit of 2 spawn grenades at any one time on every level. Effectively there are 4 different spawns available to you: Base, the two spawn grenades and squad leader. If you place a bad spawn point or want to get rid of it you can shoot it out.

And Daft if you get anxious in Killzone how do you cope with Unreal? There's always an invisible timer that counts down the seconds before you get killed instantly from behind.

And Daft if you get anxious in Killzone how do you cope with Unreal? There's always an invisible timer that counts down the seconds before you get killed instantly from behind.

An invisible timer?

Unreal is a lot more rampant and light hearted. It's hard to explain. Killzone always seems really serious, even though it really isn't. It's also why I always play team deathmatch.

I do like playing online and when everything works and we are all playing together it is unbeatable but I also just like not caring that I've just blown three of my team up with a stray grenade (on purpose or not :heh: ).

...Plus, way less snipers.

I know what you mean the atmosphere in KZ makes it seem more tense.

And by the invisible timer I meant more metaphocially that you always know death is just a short time away, and can be quite surprising.

Ah, yeah but that certainty and because it is so fast kind of makes dying less important. Also health doesn't recharge and you can boost it majorly, I dunno, I'm just more in the mood for that then something like KillZone.

But I do like both kinds. Really depends on my mood.

Plus, I can get some practice in with the bots.

Bots are hardcore. Veteran bots kick the crap out of even the hardest players. I dare you to a 5 kill streak with them! :shakehead If i had known about the anxiety i would have gone about that night abit differently.

Will be on tonight. We should playa ginst each other. I need revenge.

More screens of the dlc: Still no price but out on the 30th.

kz2dlc001.jpg

kz2dlc002.jpg

928377_20090414_screen005.jpg

928377_20090414_screen009.jpg

928377_20090414_screen003.jpg

928377_20090414_screen004.jpg

928377_20090414_screen008.jpg

Well i am day 1 for these since i am addicted. The train maps looks cool. Wonder how the collisions will work out. Should lead to some fun situations.

A patch will also coincide with the release. Guerilla Games seem very busy! They should take a break.

I like being the tech cos you can be both a kill getter and a team player, the way you can repair items around the field as well as turrets, helping the team to keep topped up with ammo or using the handily placed turrets. Sentry Turrets, when well placed will bag you loads of kills and have people inviting you to their squads and the shotgun has been my best friend in all shoot em ups.

I hate snipers.

I play as tactician. I'd change my air support perk but I'm finding it increasingly hard to meet the requirements to change to another. It's really annoying.

I wish tacticians got points for spawn points used...or something like that.

Folks are loling at Killzone 2 for getting beat by Halo Wars in the US March sales. :confused:

I'm not too surprised by that. Halo sells.

I'm just a bit disappointed for GG. Although I do have a feeling this will be one that keeps selling for a while like MGS4.

Hopefully, but who knows?! :heh:

600k so far in the US for 5 weeks is very good. It should build the franchise from near scratch(or minus lol). At this stage it can only go up. :) Over a million in the US possible? I think so.

Surprising Sony managed the best shooter this gen. I dont think anyone expected that at all. Would never have expected a console fps to come with ideas like first person cover or unique ideas to solve class/online issues as well as the best immersion. Ussualy console shooters are overly safe in design. Sony are also involved with MAG which sounds really interesting. Kind of makes up for pc's failing in fps lately.

I agree it is the best shooter in many ways but I still retain I've had as much joy with Resistance 2, because being particularly good at it is more rewarding. Having both though is a real plus for me, looking forward to their sequels in a couple of years time.

I agree it is the best shooter in many ways but I still retain I've had as much joy with Resistance 2, because being particularly good at it is more rewarding. Having both though is a real plus for me, looking forward to their sequels in a couple of years time.

R2 is much more niche sales wise. Its good to have variety as R fills a gap other shooters dont.

KZ2 at least matched or exceeded the COD launches on PS3 numbers wise. :)

Are there any clan battles coming up??

And how do you get the black or red around your stars?

Is anyone willing to help me get some medals, some are quite hard to achieve, especially with so many players out there...

Edited by Foxfear