NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Leipzig 08 Topic

Ah, will anyone go there? I'll be there on saturday. ;D

Can't make it due to the non-availability to hotels etc...

If you get some hands on impressions I'd be happy to help get them onto the main site. Nintendo only obviously :heh:

PM me if your interested : peace:

Here's Activisions line up

- Call of Duty: World at War (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)

- Crash – Mind over Mutant (Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, PSP, NDS)

- Guitar Hero World Tour (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii)

- James Bond: Quantum of Solace (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, NDS)

- Kung Fu Panda (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, NDS)

- Madagascar 2 – Das Spiel (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, NDS)

- Pirate’s Quest: Hunt for Blackbeard’s Box (Wii)

- Pitfall: The Big Adventure (Wii)

- Rapala Fishing Frenzy (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)

- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, PSP, NDS)

- The Legend of Spyroâ„¢: Dawn of the Dragon (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, NDS)

- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP, Wii, NDS)

- Fracture (PS3, Xbox 360)

- Star Wars The Clone Wars - Lightsaber Duels (Wii)

- Star Wars The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance (NDS)

Anyone know if anywhere will be showing a live feed of Sonys Conference?

Sony have two hardware announcements. One is a new PSP and I'm going to guess the other has something to do with SingStar.

JSR for Wii is looking likely.

Which sucks. I want a HD JSR :(

Here's Activisions line up

- Call of Duty: World at War (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)

- Crash – Mind over Mutant (Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, PSP, NDS)

- Guitar Hero World Tour (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii)

- James Bond: Quantum of Solace (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, NDS)

- Kung Fu Panda (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, NDS)

- Madagascar 2 – Das Spiel (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, NDS)

- Pirate’s Quest: Hunt for Blackbeard’s Box (Wii)

- Pitfall: The Big Adventure (Wii)

- Rapala Fishing Frenzy (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)

- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, PSP, NDS)

- The Legend of Spyroâ„¢: Dawn of the Dragon (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, NDS)

- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP, Wii, NDS)

- Fracture (PS3, Xbox 360)

- Star Wars The Clone Wars - Lightsaber Duels (Wii)

- Star Wars The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance (NDS)

Anyone know if anywhere will be showing a live feed of Sonys Conference?

Only games I am interested in from there...

Sony have two hardware announcements. One is a new PSP and I'm going to guess the other has something to do with SingStar.

new PSP that offers very little over the last is a given...what do you reckon it will be on singstar front?

If you ask me, the PSP-3000 will only be shipped into stores and it will have little fanfare if any. The only difference appears to be its battery as far as we know.

As for ActiviBlizzard's games, The Force Unleashed could be cool... But i have a bad feeling about it. We shall find out on Thursday with the demo.

As for ActiviBlizzard's games, The Force Unleashed could be cool... But i have a bad feeling about it. We shall find out on Thursday with the demo.

It could be cool or it could be meh. I don't think it'll be awful, though. I just hope that the main character isn't too powerful.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what future GCC (Game Changing Content, they didn't like calling it DLC because DLC basically shouts "GIVE US MORE MONEY, SUCKERS!") they're showing in Burnout Paradise. And they're showing the PC version in the ultra-widescreen mode (3 screens side-by-side).

Quantum of Solace could also be good but that depends on if some of the levels are little free-roaming areas like ye ole N64 shooters as opposed to all linear levels. The IGN preview sounded promising on this aspect. And for some reason this is the only FPS game since November that hasn't just made me go "meh....I'm FPS'd out for this generation".

Cube I am kinda the same...I am very FPS'd out but Quantum of Solace has me interested...perhaps its the hope that it will encapture the bond spirit like Goldeneye did?

Cube I am kinda the same...I am very FPS'd out but Quantum of Solace has me interested...perhaps its the hope that it will encapture the bond spirit like Goldeneye did?

I'm expecting more of a TWINE than a GoldenEye (I thought TWINE was fantastic, but nothing on GoldenEye).

new PSP that offers very little over the last is a given...what do you reckon it will be on singstar front?

I'm guessing it is a SingStar thing because I've heard from my sources that there are two hardware announcments and Sony said something about a new SingsStar and I'm just assuming one is a new PSP.

If it is a new SingStar I reckon there will be wireless mics and UBER Home integration where there will be proper karaoke rooms for the avatars to interact in. Basically like a virtual night out. Maybe with a real time rating system where your rating are converted into claps or boos. It's an awesome idea if they haven't thought of it. :heh:

I can imagine live karaoke competitions being awesome.

Streetfighter IV console version to be playable at Leipzig.

Capcom's Street Fighter IV blog updated with news that the consumer console version of SFIV will be showing at the Leipzig Games Convention. This will be the first time that it has been shown publicly. The game's producer, Yoshinori Ono, will be on hand at the GC as well.

Also here is what EA will be showing.

EA titles on display for consumers at the Games Convention include:

Boogie SuperStar, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, LITTLEST PET SHOP, MONOPOLY, Zubo, Battleforge, Battlefield Heroes, Burnout Paradise, C&C Red Alert 3, Dead Space, Rock Band, The Lord of the Rings: Conquest, Mirror’s Edge, Need for Speed Undercover, Skate It, Spore, Crysis Warhead, Left 4 Dead, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, FaceBreaker, FIFA 09, FIFA Manager 09, Madden NFL 09, NBA LIVE 09, NHL 09, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09, MySims Kingdom, The Sims 2 Apartment Life, The Sims 2 Apartment Pets, SimCity Creator, MySims.

Behind closed door sessions for media include:

FIFA 09, FIFA Manager 09, FIFA 09 All-Play, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 All-Play, FaceBreaker, Dragon Age: Origins, The Godfather II, Mirror's Edge, Need for Speed Undercover, Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, Dead Space, Left 4 Dead, Battleforge, Crysis Warhead, Rock Band 2, The Lord of the Rings: Conquest, The Sims 3, SimAnimals, MySims Kingdom, SimCity Creator, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, HASBRO FAMILY GAME NIGHT, Boogie SuperStar, LITTLEST PET SHOP, Zubo, and a range of titles from EA Mobile.

Anyone know what time the Sony thing is?

It's tomorrow isn't it?

The fact that Nintendo arn't going to be there proves that they have officialy lost it

Ive just about lost all my respect for nintendo

Flashback to the good old days of the n64 and gamecube

Eurogamer has it down as starting at 4pm.

Eurogamer's away team has now landed in Germany ahead of the Leipzig Games Convention, which kicks into proper gear tomorrow and runs all week - and, as ever, we're planning to provide live coverage of the Sony press conference.

The conference is set to run from 4pm-5pm UK time (5pm-6pm CET, local to Leipzig), on Wednesday 20th August.

The PlayStation platform holder is the only one of The Big Three stepping up to any sort of podium at Games Convention, despite an audience of many thousands of press and industry folk and worldwide attention on the internet.

However, suggestions that Sony will slash the price of the PlayStation 3 were shot down yesterday, which leaves software announcements and perhaps the odd peripheral possibility to fill up the company's scheduled one-hour slot.

Will the company show Heavy Rain? Will we see more of MAG? Will we get a PlayStation Home release date? And will they show off that game the BBC blogger keeps banging on about, or save it for the Tokyo Game Show?

Find out at starting at 4pm UK time on Wednesday.

JSR for Wii is looking likely.

Which sucks. I want a HD JSR :(

what a waste.

Arm swinging skating? probably. Once more with feeling: fuck motion control for games not called wii sports. It's shit.

Once more with feeling: fuck motion control for games not called wii sports. It's shit.

It's good when it's done well. It's just that it's very rarely done well.

Yeah, I think its around 5pm. I will go find out.....

EDIT: Yup

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=238187

Im just hoping somewhere is doing the live coverage so we can all hook up on MSN like E3.

I'll be at that Singstar Party...hard decision..but i rather be at a party this time me thinks..I'll check all the happenings Thursday morning! : peace:

Sign in to follow this