N-Europe

Should Scotland separate from the United Kingdom?

navarre

hum, i dont think scotland should be made independant, hell we've all seen braveheart.

plus, if scotland invades, im a geordie, the first line of defence. whilst id relish the opertunity to use a sword, im fairly certain my best chance would be to fix up hadriens wall and wait for heart dissease to do the work for me.

racist steriotypes asside, i dont think scotland should become independant. whilst they have a decent economy, they might not be so firm on their own feet, though i recon the rest of the uk would feel the burn too.

unrelated but true: try and say anything threatening in a welsh accent. the my name is maximus....line from gladiator makes me laugh when done in welsh.

You're a Geordie, you'd be too pissed to wield a sword, or build a wall :p

I'm against the idea. On the plus side Scots would have more of a voice within their own land and within the international community. On the down side independance comes with a decrease in the international standing of Scotland and bad economical consequences for Scotland and the rest of the UK.

It's not really an issue though, Westminster can simply edit the UK constitution to stop Scotland declaring themselves independant. If it comes down to it i'm pretty sure thats what will happen, the loss of standing (politically and financially) that would come about from independance would be disasterous for both sides.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont deny it. But i just think there campaign for independance is comical (yes it is very small and not like the scotish question). I think it would be comical to let them have independance and see how long it lasted. As apart from tourism Cornwall does not have a great deal.

My point was for the comedy value. And in reality i could do without good beaches, personally.

I must admit, their campaign is as absurd as Londoners wanting independence from the UK.

well this certainly makes my holiday there more exciting. hope the weather is ok!

You're going to Cornwall? I'm envious. The weather is generally hotter than the rest of the UK down there, but it does rain a fair bit too.

But nothing can rival St Ives' coastline on a sunny day. Pure beauty. If you're not staying near St Ives, I'd recommend going there. It should be no more than an hour's drive away.