NEurope
Cookyman

Guitar Hero : World Tour

Wow, interesting, didn't realise the PS3 had all that extra stuff.

But i don't have a PS3, so who cares :heh:

I do. But I don't care for line 6, or the PC sequencer, don't care about the grpahics.

And I also hope he's completely wrong on the DLC and character customisation :D I prefer my Wii and I know more people getting this game on the Wii, they're both more important than an extra belt

I've got lots of free time on Friday for some Guitar Hero-age, so some of you fine folk better be free aswell ;)

Whoever has the by then I mean, though I think it's just the bass since no-one I know with the other bundles has had theirs shippped and folk with the band back hasn't been debited yet. Hopefully with all the confusion some places will send it out early.

Ok here goes *deep breath*

Better graphics - also more customisation of characters etc on PS3 and 360 versions.

As far as I've heard, it was the same amount of character customisation, the characters just don't look as good.

Line 6 technology in the music studio - (basically allows the player to change guitar tones using amps, cabs and effects. You can go anywhere from acoustic to heavy metal).

You can make the guitar sound different in the Wii one, "Line 6 will be allowing different sets of amplifiers to be used in the Music Studio mode", but you can still have acoustic and heavy metal on wii.

Free software will be available soon for your PC - a midi sequencer allowing you to compose music on the PC and then import their creations into Guitar Hero World Tour. While the PS3 sequencer will reportedly support a variety of instruments, including rhythm and lead guitars, bass, keyboards and drum tracks, the Xbox 360 alternative will be limited to drums alone due to "hardware issues."

All your saying is "reportedly", for all you know they could make a Wii one.

DLC - DLC on the wii is already missing tracks available to 360 and PS3 owners also you cant buy track packs on the Wii. Metallica's new album only has 3 tracks available for the Wii.

Now let me put things in perspective - I had GHIII on the Wii and loved it - hell I even posted a glowing review of it Here! but as I said before if I'm buying one game thats nearly the price of the Wii itself I'm gonna go for the best version.

Hope that clears things up!

Also the Wii version has the rockout mode which was given some good feedback. I've also heard complaints that the PS3 guitar is clunky compared to the wii one, which i've heard no complaints about.

: peace:

My Guitar Hero is getting picked and packed, hopefully it'll get sent today and here tomorrow.

OK just been to the store, they've had the dates for the Band Packs changed to the 14th also, so I have the day off this Friday and nothing to do, BOO.

So Shadow is prolly right that the free-Bass guitar is all that's been sent for those who ordered online... i'm not even gonna bother getting the bass, already have one from GH3, don't see the point in another

And it's gonna be so annoying being in work next Friday, picking up the massive Band Pack on my lunch break and having to carry it back to work instead of going home. Damn you Activision, my well laid plans of getting the 7th off work ruined.

Did America have the same "staggered" release we are getting?

Ouch that sucks. You had a day off and everything all ready for this, especially carrying that box back.

Now we actually need to wait another week to get our N-Europe Podcast Band in action :(

At least you have the extra week and be used to songs by then, i'm gonna try starting with the drums so i'll have to go back to square 1 on Easy so i'm gonna be suck starting off again

I want the drums aswell, but I need to wait till the drums gets a seperate release. Though I tried the drums on Rock Band on Normal(easy) then Hard and was tricky, but nothing too bad. So hopefully you'll blast through them easy enough. Casuse you have next weekend to get on expert :heh:

My copy got sent earlier today so fingers crossed it'll arrive tomorrow. Anyone else that's ordered the game except for the band pack that's been sent? Threads been a bit quite today.

Edit:

So had anyone got their copy yet? Mines arrived in the post earlier!

So had anyone got their copy yet? Mines arrived in the post earlier!

gggrrrr... lucky you, how is it, how's the new guitar and the touch pad thingy, 8 days left for me:(

I so hate activision right now for this "staggered" release.... though I'm sure my anger will be all gone once I get the game, but still one week of annoyance and pissed off can't be healthy :heh:

gggrrrr... lucky you, how is it, how's the new guitar and the touch pad thingy, 8 days left for me:(

I so hate activision right now for this "staggered" release.... though I'm sure my anger will be all gone once I get the game, but still one week of annoyance and pissed off can't be healthy :heh:

I only bought the game by itself, didn't want to get an extra guitar yet. So far the games pretty cool, mostly been on GH Tunes looking for some songs to go download.

It's cool you can preview songs before downloading them to see if you like them, and the song maker is fun but I won't be making any for a little while. I'm trying to get some game tunes before they get removed :heh:

There's no DLC up yet from official bands like Metallica, just user created stuff just now. There's a beginner mode that i'm assuming is easier than easy if posibble.

Creating my own guy was cool aswell instead of just pre-set ones. I need to get more money to get more stuff to customize my guy with.

Career modes a bit different, you can select some gigs from a list instead of having to do a set list. I want to play Eye of the Tiger dammit.

Picking up my copy tomorrow, but alas I will be getting it before I have to go to lectures at Uni so I'll have it in my possession for about 4 hours before I can get a play on it. 'Argh...... Willie, No! It's a one way street.' (<-- Looking forward to playing On The Road Again by Willie Nelson. ANd if you can guess the reference you get +10 internet points)

Is the user created songs "cross-platform"? Like if someone made a song on the 360 version and put it up for public download, can Wii owners get it too?

Only just thought of this now

Not sure. If I had to take a guess i'd say no though.

I just found a Banjo Kazooie song online. I'm so downloading it, the preview of it was awesome.

Actually just found Green Hill and the Lost Woods. Downloaded :heh:

And a Brawl song now. There's a cool Hammer Bros one aswell.

I intend to try and make the 'Live and Learn' Sonic Adventure 2 song on the song creator when I get hold of it. That's the only sort of game song I'm gonna try and recreate. Might try some Journey and some Evanescence.

I intend to try and make the 'Live and Learn' Sonic Adventure 2 song on the song creator when I get hold of it. That's the only sort of game song I'm gonna try and recreate. Might try some Journey and some Evanescence.

Do it. I love that song and would download it instantly. There's a lot of great song on GH Tunes. I've downloaded a fair few now.

Is the user created songs "cross-platform"? Like if someone made a song on the 360 version and put it up for public download, can Wii owners get it too?

Only just thought of this now

No unfortunately not.

With what's up on the Wii Versino of GH Tunes, you won't care that it isn't shared across platforms.

Not sure. If I had to take a guess i'd say no though.

I just found a Banjo Kazooie song online. I'm so downloading it, the preview of it was awesome.

Actually just found Green Hill and the Lost Woods. Downloaded :heh:

And a Brawl song now. There's a cool Hammer Bros one aswell.

god damn you sound to be having a ton of fun, you gonna fill up your SD card in no time haha.

I will be at this rate, there's a load of great songs on there. I was doing the free for all mode with the Miis and I accidently started playing parts of the lost woods theme, so now i'm thinking about making a couple of songs.

My SD card will be getting quite a lot of songs stored on it :)

I really want to attempt Fighting of the spirit from the Tales series and Big blue from F-Zero - I've always wanted to play those in a GH game! :)

I really want to attempt Fighting of the spirit from the Tales series

If someone makes that i will love them forever: peace: