N-Europe

Resistance 2

dwarf

Yes! Got realy pissed off at a guy that was beating me in a deathmatch, turned out that we played another round against each other and I won a round with loads of intensely good people. The LAARK saved the day really. Awesome stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news if you have lost character data.

Many of the bugs related to saving, progression and Trophy accumulation will be fixed in a 1.40 patch available to all Resistance 2 players this Monday (1/26). For example, some players may have had their character data mysteriously reset. Those players can take comfort in knowing that all their lost progress will be restored -- and that any additional XP earned since will still count. Those that acquired the 10,000 kills necessary for the Killing Machine Trophy will automatically unlock it once the 1.40 patch is applied.

Here are the patch notes:

Trophy/Medal/Ribbons

"Salute Me" trophy is not awarded until player reaches level 31 (Lieutenant)

"Berserker" trophy can be collected during non-ranked games

"Survivor" medal can be collected in cooperative games

"Sure Shot" ribbon is awarded if player has accuracy of exactly 50%

Clans

Added clan support for viewing members, sending invites, and setting up clan tags

Default clan region is now USA

Match Balancing

Unbalanced ranked games are cancelled in staging before the game is started

Parties are prevented from matchmaking into free-for-all Deathmatch games

Competitive

Loadouts can be disabled in the "Create Game" screen in competitive games

Balanced the chance of dropping large ammo pickups in competitive games

Core Control scoreboard displays "Kills"

Improved scoreboard formatting

Cooperative

Balanced the amount of XP gained by the Medic class in cooperative games

Stalker movement enabled in cooperative games

Small ammo pickups don't give LAARK ammo in cooperative games

Weapons/Gameplay

Splash damage on Pulse Cannon can damage the player firing it

Rossmore reticule better reflects its accuracy

Fire is easier to shake off

Players cannot swap weapons in the middle of a melee attack

Miscellaneous

Localized text updates

Network message optimizations

EULA displays the correct language text for Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish and Danish

FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

I can't tell you how relieved I am, that is brilliant news. That should hopefully get me back to where I was in co-op and competitive, so basically mega-win.

This may all be in the response to my email I sent them a few days ago explaining how I was annoyed at the fact of deletion. I asked if they could do something about it, and what do you know, they got off their asses and solved it.

Kudos to Insomniac.

Yeah that's very good of them to do all that, obviously serious developers. It's not like they will benefit from doing the fix but it shows that they care about their customers.

Anyone know when the next Ratchet Future game will come out? I thought ToD was good but there weren't enough funny moments/cutscenes in the game.

More importantly, the game could be a much better platformer. They've got some great mechanics that would make an awesome platforming game but instead they only throw a few moments that require skilled jumping yet even then not all the potential is used. Precise jumps, gadgets and hovering techniques should be used more. Less shooting by far. Otherwise it was a fun adventure.

I agree less shooting more platforming in the next ratchet. What was there was excellent though. We may see a new Jak and Daxter though or something along those lines...

I hope anyway.

Isn't that kinda what Rachet has become now though? I havn't played Tools of Destruction but played Size Matters and that felt very much combat orientated.

Yeah but we're saying it shouldn't be like that, there should be much more platforming. The weapons, while cool, aren't very tactical and don't offer great gameplay. There are almost too many weapons.

The first Ratchet was the best.

I've been playing the game to death just so I can get to the top rank. It takes AGES though, unbelievable tbh. I'm at Level 24/30 in competitive mode and I've killed insane amounts of people.

I'ts got to the point where its not fun but more actual stressful competition lol. May have to give it a break once I've ranked up to the next level.

You should check out my insane skills and stats. I play it too much lol, but I want to reach the final rank with the quality outfits.

Make sure to get to level 15 so that you get to use the LAARK berserk though, that is so fun. I went into an unranked 60 player battle and I whipped the lark out. Fired it at a group of campers situated on the balcony and there was a huge explosion and then on the screen it said 6+.

It was that cool.

I think it's good though. Makes deathmatches more enjoyable because you can actually go on bigger kill streaks. Once you can keep your aim focused on someone for every bullet they don't take long to go down. Especially if you aim for their head.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah but it will at least give me a reason to come back to it. I seem to be the only person here that actually invests time into online. Just got the gold trophy for 10,000 kills in ranked matches lol.

Yeah always see you on it. I kinda got put off spending too much time on it during the holiday season as there was way too much other stuff to play and now can't be bothered getting back into with Killzone 2 just round the corner if however I suck at that I may come back to R2 as whilst I'm not amazing I can hold my own.

Had a quick go online tonight, and one thing I will say about this game, the controls are spot on. If only Killzone 2 had Resistance 2 controls, it would probably be the perfect shooter.

Wait till you properly played KZ2.

Having said that its not a knock against other shooters. I am just saying play the game in more depth. I am sure you will be at home Killing like a pro :smile:

Yeah but it will at least give me a reason to come back to it. I seem to be the only person here that actually invests time into online. Just got the gold trophy for 10,000 kills in ranked matches lol.

Wow. You have a chance at the platinum! :yay: You must have a good kill ratio...

http://beta.myresistance.net/en-us/Player/Statistics?handle=MattC_64

161xfeu.jpg

I wish had your stats.

Anyone tried the Retibution demo on PSP? I was very impressed. It looks good. Controls like Syphon Filter. My only gripe is overly strong auto aim on default settings.

:shakehead Don't wish you had my stats - look at the play time

But didn't realise you could get that stuff up, pretty cool.

And I haven't really thought about attaining platinum and I don't really know if it's worth it. Having to do all the weapon requirements in the campaign and completing on superhuman difficulty... Although apparently you can cheat with that one and just do the last level on superhuman to get the trophy.

Well I don't see why. Anyone canget 10,000 kills online and anyone can get the platinum if they spend the time on it. It's tempting but it won't exactly be enjoyable which is what the playing it about. Having said that I love the trophy bleep.

And Mat was right about the controls, they are pretty much perfect, which is why I've been playing it. What is it that put everyone else off playing? It's not too late to start (although K2 is out soon I guess.)