N-Europe

Resistance 2

dwarf

Completed the campaign last night. Good game, got better as it went on. Loads better than the first game however i would say it ent as good as a certain other shooter ive played.

Didn't know whether to spoiler box this or not but decided to play safe.

Thought his new 'power' was cool at the end, i rather enjoyed watching them blow up into loads of little pieces. heh.

Also in the last cutscene, was that planets in the sky!? I couldn't quite make out what they were?

Next for me is to try out the online now!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back a couple of pages and we were discussing it I think.

But yeah glad you liked it, it is a good campaign but probably not something I will play through again, I'm enjoying the online mode too much. The more you rank up, the funner it is.

Completed the campaign last night. Good game, got better as it went on. Loads better than the first game however i would say it ent as good as a certain other shooter ive played.

Didn't know whether to spoiler box this or not but decided to play safe.

Thought his new 'power' was cool at the end, i rather enjoyed watching them blow up into loads of little pieces. heh.

Also in the last cutscene, was that planets in the sky!? I couldn't quite make out what they were?

Next for me is to try out the online now!

I hope Hale is dead. I think if they somehow made him survive his head being plastered over the camera that'd be stupid.

I'd like Capelli to take over although if Hale was turned into a Cloven that would be pretty cool.

I think those planets at the end were other Chimera infected planets.

Well it was a magnum round point blank to the face... I think there will undoubtedly be more of him in the third - I think we may see him be reborn as a massive creature in the chimera base or something - you may control him as the alien in an evil role, or maybe halfway through the game he has flashbacks and remembers he was once human and then he uses his own powers against the chimera.

Maybe you take on the role of Capelli even - thing is no-one really knows what the black-hole thing was, or the Cloven (purest chimera) and I seem to remember something about a big weapon that the chimera were protecting.

Just my thoughts...

Yeah, you did say that. Just took a couple weeks for it to click with me. :heh:

Does anyone else think this game looks better as it goes on? I swear the same thing happens in MGS4 as well and that it's a concious decision.

I thought every bit of MGS4 looked equally as good, you're making me want to play it for the 4th time lol. (Although one of those was a piss take run with the bandana and stealth camo)

Resistance 2 probably did get incrementally better, Cocodrie was impressive along with the other stuff near the end.

I thought every bit of MGS4 looked equally as good, you're making me want to play it for the 4th time lol. (Although one of those was a piss take run with the bandana and stealth camo)

Resistance 2 probably did get incrementally better, Cocodrie was impressive along with the other stuff near the end.

I dunno. Comparing bits of the first act with the whole act 5 tunnel and final fight and I swear there is a noticeable difference.

...Now I want to play it again... :heh:

Yeah, you did say that. Just took a couple weeks for it to click with me. :heh:

Does anyone else think this game looks better as it goes on? I swear the same thing happens in MGS4 as well and that it's a concious decision.

I would also agree. I was disappointed with the graphics at first as i posted a few days ago but i didn't really notice what i was disappointed at later on.

I am very interested to know what they do with Resistance now, coz we all know they will do a third... ;)

EDIT: Your both making me want to play on MGS4 now! Must resist... Too many other games to play...

You can tell Insomniac tried to avoid brown/gray shooter syndrome as much as possible and it looks pretty stunning more often than not, like how i would want a shooter to look if i made one. The only glaring case of ugly i noticed in the game was the view of the plains from the comm.

tower

As I mentioned before the water that cascades down in the first level is shocking for 3 reasons:

It doesn't leave a water impression on the camera (Metroid Prime had that for heavens sake)

Hale walks through it like it wasn't there, no slow down or grunt

Worst bit though is that if you look up into it the effect disappears because it is only 2D lol

It doesn't leave a water impression on the camera (Metroid Prime had that for heavens sake)

Samus wears a visor so you'd expect to see water on the screen after coming out of some. You're supposed to be viewing through the eyes of a person, not a camera.

I can explain that one. It's a game. They could make it so you couldn't run 24/7 throughout the game and make you stop to have food and sleep, but that would detract from the fun. As would impaired vision in the water (water aspects of games are bad enough as it is).

Have you played it? The effects are so bad - I'm saying that they could have done something with it, actually make it act like water - the actual jets are very small so if you pass through it I would expect some vision blurr or something - and the whole 24 hours thing isn't relevant. That's just obvious.

I'll get a video up

It isn't irrelevant; it's pointing out that there are many aspects in games that aren't included because they would detract from the gameplay. Not being able to see properly in water is one of them.

You sound like you're too bothered with unnecessary detail. I haven't got this game yet but I played the first to death and found very little wrong with it. I don't get hung up on little details.

No I really like this game, and I really don't care much about this detail, but we were talking about graphics and I'm pointing out that this part is poor. It really wouldn't detract from the gameplay, there are no enemies in the parts where the waterfalls are and they are only small, you probably only pass through 2 of them - the fact is, they are poor. It emphasises the fact you are in a game.

Water effects like this are standard now, it has great water effects in all other parts.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqcce6rr2Z0&feature=related

1 minute 30

Yeah it really didn't detract at all but seeing as it was quite a big flaw from an aesthetic point of view I wanted to point it out.

Moving on....

What does everyone want to see in Resistance 3 (assuming there is one)

for me personally I think the bosses needed a bit more depth to them, they looked awesome, animated well, but there wasn't much gameplay. The leviathon went down a bit easy.

Erm...... there isn't much for them to improve apart from cascading water really :D

For my the third game simply has to make the camera go wobbly when walking through streaming water. It's a deal breaker.

Other than that I'd like Insomniac to finish their graphic passes on all the levels and get rid of all the remaining 'bullet sponginess'; the enemies right at the start are fairly good about staying down after a headshot, but then you get horrible things like the Titans later on that you might as well shoot in the toes for all the difference it makes. Oh, and no psychic Chimera, please. And have at least a mildly interesting story; have the script penned by someone that writes prose, not code, for a living.

Yeah R2 does not have the polish that Killzone 2 does.

However when it works it works really well graphically. The epicness is really good but i feel they got carried away for what were just afew sequences in the game. On the other hand Insomniac always seem to improve. Story wise its fine. Its a fps not action adventure. Funnily enough there is much more interesting details via logs, radio and intel.