Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Has Nintendo really lost it?

Chris the great

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be on the way to being witty if it didn't have that blatently bombast "moral" at the end that they try and crowbar down people's throats.

Mm, it completely ruined the 'joke' that was already there. Are their readers that stupid?

Btw.: Why is everyone also mentioning Leipzig GC? I thought Nintendo isn't participating there this year? So it should either be a private event or just so to announce something or the TGS, shouldn't it?

Also: I really think it wouldn't be that bad, if Nintendo itself steps back a bit. I mean come on. There have been some nice 3rd party releases this year but most got no attention because there was a Nintendo game coming out. And also: Though there might not have gotten much announced yet from third party, I think there will be after the GC or TGS or also just sometime between. OK, it is unlikely that in Europe we will see those games before 2009 then but still...

Also: What do you think Nintendo is? It is a game developer and not a magician which can put out a game every month that easily. Every game needs development and gathering ideas and such things.

Yeah, is there any problem with just buying third party games this year? You've all been complaining for long enough that there's no good third-party games, now we've got a lot of good ones lined up for Q4 and it's not good enough on Nintendo's part?

Yeah, is there any problem with just buying third party games this year? You've all been complaining for long enough that there's no good third-party games, now we've got a lot of good ones lined up for Q4 and it's not good enough on Nintendo's part?

Do we live in a one or the other world do we? It wouldn't have been hard to have both would it?

And people been complaining about 3rd party games, but we're getting the same 3rd party games we've known about for months, and they still complained :D It's not as if we've had a 3rd party announcement is it?

And the best 3rd pary games are coming NEXT year - Rune Factory, Conduit, mad World.

Theres a few 3rd party games I'm interested in, but NONE of them are even close to the quality of what Nintendo produce. Fact is, my gaming is a little empty in 2008. Theres a few games I'm excited about across all 3 platforms, but it's underwhleming to say the least.

Excuse me? What so great 3rd party games are we getting this year? How many 3rd party EXCLUSIVES are we getting? Mad World isn't out this year, neither is Tales of Symphonia, or the Conduit, or any other interresting games.

No need to snap, here's a list of games coming between now and the end of the year. They might not be your cup of tea but the quality's higher than we've been getting for the past two years.

- Rock Band

- Samba de Amigo

- Soulcalibur Legends

- SimCity Creator

- De Blob

- LEGO Batman

- Opoona

- Dokapon Kingdom

- Don King Presents: Prizefighter

- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

- Ghostbusters

- Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked!

- Mushroom Men

- Rock Revolution

- Sam & Max Season One

- World of Goo

- Star Wars: The Clone Wars

- Deadly Creatures

- Sonic Unleashed

- Guitar Hero: World Tour

- Manhunt 2

I'm sure I'm missing some, but I don't really see a problem, then we've got Wii Music, Super Mario Sluggers, Wario Land: The Shake Dimension, possibly Animal Crossing and a load of decent DS titles on top of that.

Guest Maase

Tellyn, you're absolutely right, can't wait for most of them...

Btw, Nintendo announced a lot of Hardcore games, so that the minority gets happy, you can see this in the topic i created right now.

No need to snap, here's a list of games coming between now and the end of the year. They might not be your cup of tea but the quality's higher than we've been getting for the past two years.

- Rock Band

- Samba de Amigo

- Soulcalibur Legends

- SimCity Creator

- De Blob

- LEGO Batman

- Opoona

- Dokapon Kingdom

- Ghostbusters

- Mushroom Men

- Rock Revolution

- Sam & Max Season One

- World of Goo

- Deadly Creatures

- Sonic Unleashed

- Manhunt 2

I'm sure I'm missing some, but I don't really see a problem, then we've got Wii Music, Super Mario Sluggers, Wario Land: The Shake Dimension, possibly Animal Crossing and a load of decent DS titles on top of that.

Christ...that is bad. Well, at least I don't feel like I want to play any of them. I have that many games that are great or very good that due to time limitations I'd never even get to play one of those if I bought one.

- Rock Band

- Samba de Amigo

- Soulcalibur Legends

- SimCity Creator

- De Blob

- LEGO Batman

- Opoona

- Dokapon Kingdom

- Ghostbusters

- Mushroom Men

- Rock Revolution

- Sam & Max Season One

- World of Goo

- Deadly Creatures

- Sonic Unleashed

- Manhunt 2

I didn't snap. Out of the games that excite me (surely hobbies should be exciting), and this is presuming they live up to potential:

- Samba De Amigo

- Guitar Hero 4

- Deadly Creatures

- SW: Force Unleashed

- De Blob

- Wario Land

That's it. And it wouldn't surprise me if most of them end up disappointing. I don't mean to moan, or be negative (I'm usually insanely positive about all things Wii); but I have to say that I think for the last 6 months in the Wii's 2008 release schedule - that is diabolical!

PS Sould Calibur Legends?!?!? Is this a joke?

Addressing the thread title:

Pikmin 1 is the last hardcore IP that Nintendo is entirely responsible for so yeah, id say theyve lost something....alot of imagination

These days its all about the sequels, mini-games, and life/hobby simulators. Do they even need a brainstorming session for these things?

Is it unfair to expect more out of Nintendo? Sure other publishes do the very same thing but Nintendo is market leader and one of maybe 3 publishers who can easily afford NOT to rely on these types of games, so yes i absolutely expect better out of them.

I didn't snap. Out of the games that excite me (surely hobbies should be exciting), and this is presuming they live up to potential:

- Samba De Amigo

- Guitar Hero 4

- Deadly Creatures

- De Blob

- Wario Land

That's it. And it wouldn't surprise me if most of them end up disappointing. I don't mean to moan, or be negative (I'm usually insanely positive about all things Wii); but I have to say that I think for the last 6 months in the Wii's 2008 release schedule - that is diabolical!

I meant Darkjak. And I did say things on the list might not be your cup of tea.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37264.html

Watch this, then watch the other 2. They're great videos and you can't help but like Reggie. He says two key things - 1. That really is 100% the games for Wii in 2008, no surprises 2. There WILL be some 1st party WiiWare games

I just see it as riding the rest 2008 out and then hope 2009 can give me the games I want.

Guest Maase

Great interview, Dazzybee.

I really think Reggie is funny, i never tought he would be that kind of men, i was thinking more of an asshole.

- Rock Band -We should have had this for several months by now

- Samba de Amigo -You have a point

- Soulcalibur Legends -A substitute for Soul Calibur 4, and it got crap reviews.

- SimCity Creator -Yay, Sim City, only made more casual! Woohoo!

- De Blob-You have a point

- LEGO Batman -NOT another lego game!

- Opoona -You have a point

- Dokapon Kingdom-You have a point

- Don King Presents: Prizefighter-Probably c**p

- Ghostbusters -Probably c**p

- Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked! -The DS games have stagnated, this probably wont be better.

- Mushroom Men

- Rock Revolution

- Sam & Max Season One -Some might actually like this.

- World of Goo

- Star Wars: The Clone Wars -My guess is that this'll turn out to be bad. Star Wars tie ins usually are worse than games released indipendently from new movies.

- Deadly Creatures -Could turn out good

- Sonic Unleashed-Probably c**p

- Guitar Hero: World Tour -Good game, although its core-factor is questionable.

- Manhunt 2 -Yippee, a game which only was fun in the first place because of it's excessive violence, and it's censored.

The games I havent commented on are ones I know virtually nothing about. I personally have to say that none of those games seem very interresting for me.

- Samba De Amigo

- Guitar Hero 4

- Deadly Creatures

- De Blob

- Wario Land

You should add mushroom men to that list.

And Seeing as the thread I started this in is now locked, I've decided to move it here:

Here's a list of the EAD teams and what they've developed so far and what they're currently developing as far as we know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintend...nd_Development

Note that:

EAD 1 Is probably just starting a new game. Probably a casual one.

EAD 2 Is working on Wii Sports

EAD 3 Is almost for sure working on a new zelda

EAD 4 Probably has a new game almost done (Or are they making Wario Land)

EAD 5 Is probably starting a new game most likely casual

EAD Tokyo is probably working on the next Mario.

Now lets take a look at the first parties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ndo_developers

Brownie Soft: A new RPG maybe?

Intelligent Systems: Probably working on Fire Emblem DS

Monolith Soft: Disaster Day of Crisis

Nintendo Software Technology: If project hammer is still alive, they may be working on that, if it isn't they probably are working on a new hardcore title.

Nintendo SPD:

SPD 1: Potentially working on new 2D metroid or Wario Ware when finished with Card Hero DS.

SPD 2: Probably working on a WiiWare Puzzle Game

SPD 3: Its hard to speculate on what they're working on. They're more of a co-developer.

SPD 4: Probably developing a new channel.

Retro Studios: Most Likely a new FPS, perhaps a metroid game, perhaps Kid Icarus

Second Parties:

AlphaDream: Possibly a new Mario and Luigi Game.

Ambrella: They just finished Pokemon Ranch, expect only another pokemon spin off type game from them.

Camelot: Maybe a new Golden sun game. They said they wanted to do one at some point.

Cing: Little King's Story

Game Freak: Pokemon Platinum

Genius Sonority: Probably a new Pokemon game for the Wii

Grasshopper Manufacture: Probably starting on a new Wii Project

HAL Laboratory: I think they're making Kirby SuperStar Ultra

Mitchell Corporation: Probably a new Puzzle game, perhaps either for WiiWare or DS.

NDCUBE: No idea.

Noise: Probably a new Custom Robo. Maybe for Wii

Paon: Glory of Heracles DS

skip LTD: Captain Rainbow

Sora Ltd: No Idea.

That guy in the GameTrailers interview said something I wonder about:

He said that THOSE games are coming next year (it was when the were talking about Mario and Zelda - nearly at the beginning of the interview).

I somehow doubt that we will see those games next year - at least not both...

I guess he just meant hardcore games in general like F-Zero, Kid Icarus, ... (though it sounded different)

What I wondered about was that Reggie said that he knows a lot about those games (Mario and Zelda). I mean to know a lot means that there is actually something to know about. I thought the Zelda team is currently more doing some brain storming - so how can he know a lot about it..?

What I wondered about was that Reggie said that he knows a lot about those games (Mario and Zelda). I mean to know a lot means that there is actually something to know about. I thought the Zelda team is currently more doing some brain storming - so how can he know a lot about it..?

Perhaps they've finished brainstorming and he got a report of what they're planning on doing. He is the president of Nintendo of America after all.

That guy in the GameTrailers interview said something I wonder about:

He said that THOSE games are coming next year (it was when the were talking about Mario and Zelda - nearly at the beginning of the interview).

I somehow doubt that we will see those games next year - at least not both...

Please, PLEASE don't forget that Reggie is a big big liar...I'm still grudging about the Pokemon XD scam. (lol, you gotta wonder why that game is 'XD')

Soul Calibur Legends ISN'T out yet! WFT!! didn't that get released elsewhere like 6 months ago!!

Thought it unlikely in the beginning, but other than Wario the game I'm most looking forward to is probably Sonic World Adventure [unleashed]!

I mean sure I'll have to shut my eyes and button mash in order to play through the Were-Sonic sections, but I thought the latest trailer for this game [360/PS3 version I know] was awesome!

Just watching Reggies interview, he rules!

"They wanted more"

"They wanted more of me on stage? or..." lol

Geoff shouldn't have kept going on about Zelda, no one expected Zelda you idiot! Stop making us look stupid!