NEurope
Boomstick

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop (BEST NAME EVER?!)

thats not what i asked but ok

Don't see why you're overly bothered about 16:9, 480p and stuff, it seems to be all you ever talk about in Wii Discussion.

Gametrailers Review - 6.9 [same as IGN!]

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46129.html

Oh dear!

It actually sounded ok from that review. :o I thought they would tear the game apart but they seemed to state the facts (that obviously it wouldn't be the same as the Xbox 360 version), then concentrated on the positives like improved enemy AI.

Dead Rising - Comparison Video

"I don't have time for a joyride." :blank:

I find it funny that the comments treat this game as Nintendo's game.

oh nintendo when will you learn gameplay isen't everything ppl care about, especially when you cut out half of the features in a game like the camera and the massive hordes of zombies... heres where the console power comes in handy

You sound like you expect people on Gametrailers forums to actually know anything about anything.

that argument makes sense if you change it to "especially when you have to cut out half....", that way it could still be an argument against Nintendo.

(and its not like it would be the first case of people mistyping on the internet)

You sound like you expect people on Gametrailers forums to actually know anything about anything.

I don't....

oh capcom capcom what was the fucking point to this game?

What's the point of every shovel-ware title?

I pre-ordered this from Amazon UK and now wonder why didn't I pre-order HOD Overkill instead?

Capcom are more than capable of producing better titles than this but this game is just average. They managed to really push the Gamecube last generation with RE4 but this game feels like it should have come out a few months later as they could have fixed some of the errors.

Why is there no anti Anti-aliasing in this game? Frank West runs around the game like the fall from the helicopter messed up this legs and he now runs with a limp. It's a shame.

What's the point of every shovel-ware title?

this had potential though, I wouln't even call it a shovelware game either.. Isn't it even using the resident evil 4 engine? I'm amazed how they made such a mess of it.

this had potential though, I wouln't even call it a shovelware game either.. Isn't it even using the resident evil 4 engine? I'm amazed how they made such a mess of it.

Yeah, it had MAJOR potential. It's running on the RE4 engine, and it just hasn't been polished. It looks shoddy - not compared to the 360 version, but compared to other Wii games, especially RE4.

The GT Review actually did anything but put me off.. I'm kinda interested in trying this out when it comes down in price (..like £9.99 or something :heh:)

Gametrailers always shits on Nintendo when they see a bad game.

Seriously, pick any random exclusive to the Wii shovelware and go look at the comments, at least 3 of them will mention this:

"NINTENDO SUCKS, MAKE SOME ACTUAL GAMES".

I always laugh, no exceptions.

What I meant was that they probably weren't intending to specifically make a good game when the started it. They probably were just supposed to make a quick port of the game to the Wii to make profit.

I almost got this last night just to see for myself.....then I said fuck it and grabbed CoD:WaW.

I got this at the weekend, I'm a big zombie fan so I've been looking forward to it. It's similarlties to RE4 are obvious in how it plays, and this is probably it's saving grace as the control system makes it fairly easy to get into it.

The game shines when you're surrounded, then it gets quite tense as you battle your way out of a crowd, and also you do end up in a crowd which I was really worried about, I assume you'd get a few zombies at a time, but you can get quite a bit more than that to add the pressure.

I'm uninterested in the graphics, sure there's better games, but there's worse games too on the Wii. Hell if I wanted graphics, I wouldn't have bought a Wii anyway. But given the large levels, it's ok on the visuals.

It's definietly a bit thin for the long-term outlook though unless the gameplay gets some new elements later on (only played it for about an hour and a half.

Interesting thread though...

best wishes

Jody

The Nintendo Show Podcast

thenintendoshow.co.uk

I got this at the weekend, I'm a big zombie fan so I've been looking forward to it. It's similarlties to RE4 are obvious in how it plays, and this is probably it's saving grace as the control system makes it fairly easy to get into it.

The game shines when you're surrounded, then it gets quite tense as you battle your way out of a crowd, and also you do end up in a crowd which I was really worried about, I assume you'd get a few zombies at a time, but you can get quite a bit more than that to add the pressure.

I'm uninterested in the graphics, sure there's better games, but there's worse games too on the Wii. Hell if I wanted graphics, I wouldn't have bought a Wii anyway. But given the large levels, it's ok on the visuals.

It's definitely a bit thin for the long-term outlook though unless the gameplay gets some new elements later on (only played it for about an hour and a half.

Interesting thread though...

best wishes

Jody

The Nintendo Show Podcast

thenintendoshow.co.uk

The control scheme may be its saving grace to some degree but who on earth decided to use two buttons to open a door or to pick something up (Z +A)? I know that the Wii control scheme is limited but it's very odd and confusing at first.

The big problem for me is that this game could and should have been better. Have a look at RE4 on the PS2 and that is superior to this. There are no excuses for removing the camera option either. Frank wears a camera with him throughout the game and it's not as if the Wii pointer couldn't have been used for taking pictures. Even in Bully for the Wii you could take pictures.

The few additions to the game such as the parrots and poodles are nice apart from the fact that they seem to appear all over the place. How many white poodles have you seen when you go shopping? Capcom could have changed the colour of them occasionally as well to have black and grey dogs as well. Anything to stop the repetition of the game. Also I'm not a big fan of the red tape and invisible wall features in this game as well. In RE4 you could jump over barriers but Franks can't in many places. I guess the fall from the helicopter messed his legs up a bit!

We could all say that the Wii isn't as impressive as the Xbox 360 or PS3 but so many corners were cut out of this game, I wonder if Capcom really knew what the Wii could do.

Later on this year Monster Hunter 3 is coming out and people will wonder what happened back in February when Capcom dropped the ball a little with this game.

Despite all of this I do enjoy the game (killing zombies is still fun) but you have to forget about the graphics, the lowered difficultly setting and focus on the game (as streamlined as it is).

For all those who still want RE5 on the Wii it's all possible as long as the team behind Dead Rising CTYD don't come anywhere near it!

Sorry long post...