NEurope
Hellfire

Wii MotionPlus- 1:1 add on

You know, if developers to this day can't use the wiimote properly, if these gyroscopes came with the remote at launch, they'd commit mass suicide.

I was proven wrong, I had no idea they could do it so precisely with just gyros. Kudos.

Still, if even with the WiiMote, they can't do average things, i don't really think that by using 1:1, wich will make things more complicated, it will help the developers.

Another thing i fear is using 1:1 without any reason other than using it for being 1:1.

We shall see in the future.

The demo looks great, tough.

Still, if even with the WiiMote, they can't do average things, i don't really think that by using 1:1, wich will make things more complicated, it will help the developers.

Another thing i fear is using 1:1 without any reason other than using it for being 1:1.

I don't think 1:1 makes things more complicated. I think it makes them more accurate, freeing developers of restrictions and allowing them to really bring their possibly great ideas to the Wii.

I don't think 1:1 makes things more complicated. I think it makes them more accurate, freeing developers of restrictions and allowing them to really bring their possibly great ideas to the Wii.

The problem is alot of developers will have trouble learning how to use the technology. Ultimately, we're going to get some good 1st and maybe 2nd party games using this, and maybe a few 3rd parties, but alot of 3rd parties aren't going to be able to figure this out for a few years.

Hopefully there'll be some good middleware for any developers who would otherwise have trouble with it.

1:1 is what the Wii was practically made for. What's been coming out to this point has been games with button presses being replaced with waggle. The combat system in especially Twilight Princess was a dissapointment.

The thing though is we know developers are going to try and use this for no good reason and it will grow tiring, just like having waggle in every game for no good reason. A lot of the Wii games should have just had an option to use the classic controller in my opinion. We're going to see all kinds of imitations of Dueling from Wii Sports Resort, we're going to see games that should have just used the classic controller but instead use the Wii Remote Nun-chuck and motion plus because of a few bits in the game where you need to do some gimmicky little thing that uses 1:1.

The thing though is we know developers are going to try and use this for no good reason and it will grow tiring, just like having waggle in every game for no good reason. A lot of the Wii games should have just had an option to use the classic controller in my opinion. We're going to see all kinds of imitations of Dueling from Wii Sports Resort, we're going to see games that should have just used the classic controller but instead use the Wii Remote Nun-chuck and motion plus because of a few bits in the game where you need to do some gimmicky little thing that uses 1:1.

Giving the option to use the classic controller for a lot of wii games could, and probably would, completely destroy the point of the wii. E.g. pro Evo would work with the classic controller, but then it would be in direct competition with the HD versions on the other console, a battle it could not win.

And really, we should not be seeing games that should use the classic controller (save beat-em-ups and monster hunter if it does :heh:). There is a reason why it was called the classic controller...

Did you see the demo at IGN?

Its not that easy to program 1:1

There will be producers using 1:1 on their games without any reason, because it would work fine without 1:1, and it will end in a horrible mess.

Believe me, you'l see.

Did you see the demo at IGN?

Its not that easy to program 1:1

There will be producers using 1:1 on their games without any reason, because it would work fine without 1:1, and it will end in a horrible mess.

Believe me, you'l see.

I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't make a lot sense.

Precisely because it's hard and because it needs an add-on, there won't be that many games that use it. They can barely use the remote accelerometers yet, I have no doubt, we'll keep seeing lots of games without 1:1. And I don't doubt some will try to implement it and fail, but not to the extent of a lot of Wii and early DS games.

No, believe me, most games will use 1:1 just for the sake of it and put it into the Art Box (1:1 controlls!!!!1111)

That's what i mean. But yeah, at least with 1 and 2 parties, it won't work.

Giving the option to use the classic controller for a lot of wii games could, and probably would, completely destroy the point of the wii. E.g. pro Evo would work with the classic controller, but then it would be in direct competition with the HD versions on the other console, a battle it could not win.

And really, we should not be seeing games that should use the classic controller (save beat-em-ups and monster hunter if it does :heh:). There is a reason why it was called the classic controller...

The Wii isn't just about motion controls. I'm not talking about sports games, there are just games that would obviously work better with the Classic Controller. Animal Crossing for instance (Plus its Nintendo owned so It doesn't have to compete with an HD version). Its called the classic controller because its like a Classic Game controller. Its not just for VC games. Why shouldn't we see games developed to use it, some games just don't work with motion controls.

The Wii isn't just about motion controls. I'm not talking about sports games, there are just games that would obviously work better with the Classic Controller. Animal Crossing for instance (Plus its Nintendo owned so It doesn't have to compete with an HD version). Its called the classic controller because its like a Classic Game controller. Its not just for VC games. Why shouldn't we see games developed to use it, some games just don't work with motion controls.

We have the Gamecube controller as a 'classic controller'. I really believe the classic controller was built with the virtual console in mind.

We have the Gamecube controller as a 'classic controller'. I really believe the classic controller was built with the virtual console in mind.

True. I think all bases were covered though because its not like official GC controllers are still in production right? The classic controller is obviously ideal for playing Snes games, but I'm sure its there for modern games to use too when motion controls aren't necessary. Guilty Gear springs to mind.

I would have thought AC was one of the Nintendo franchises that could benefit more from the Wiimote. Fishing and so on. Whereas for Brawl it was completely unnecessary.

They said they're not using motion controls for AC though. So they might as well just include support for it.

They said they're not using motion controls for AC though. So they might as well just include support for it.

Wtf? I didn't hear this. If that's true thats balls. What is the point of AC:CF then?

Wtf? I didn't hear this. If that's true thats balls. What is the point of AC:CF then?

Basically to be a new updated Wii version of Animal crossing. Could you imagine how annoying it would be to have to swing the remote every-time you wanted to dig, or chop down a tree, ect.

Basically to be a new updated Wii version of Animal crossing. Could you imagine how annoying it would be to have to swing the remote every-time you wanted to dig, or chop down a tree, ect.

Can you imagine how annoying it would be to have to swing the remote everytime you wanted to attack in Zelda or Mario?

It's the same thing.

I wonder if the WMP will help the depth perception on the Wiimote somehow. I'd really like that because it has the possibility to be a really strong feature but tbh right now it kinda sucks balls.

I think developers will have to budget the wiis limited processsing power:

Grpahics, Physics, sound, AI, gamemechanics AND NOW MOTION DETECTION

Some of the stuff in the recent demos looks quite complicated. It is not 1:1 signal processing but an interpretation of the signal that gives the appearance of 1:1. Now we have 3 sensors working together and higher expectations.

This can only mean that Wii graphics are going to get worse in the future.

Can you imagine how annoying it would be to have to swing the remote everytime you wanted to attack in Zelda or Mario?

It's the same thing.

A good example is the way the arrow shooting in the tp e3 zelda demo was abandoned

It would be a bit more of a gimmick in Animal Crossing though. In zelda, the motion sensing added to the game experience. Same With Mario. I mean, when we first saw the remote we thought, "Oh, I can't wait to see Zelda with this, for the swordplay" We didn't think "Oh, I can't wait to Play animal crossing with this so we can really swing the Axe and dig with the shovel" If you understand what I'm saying.

It's the same thing.

I wouldn't find it annoying at all. I would find it immersive.

And I don't think that the graphics will get worse. The reason why the graphics are bad isn't that the motion sensing takes too much resources, it's more like a result of the low bar so far, which has emerged from many Wii games being GC or PS2 ports, or at least starting out their lives on previous gen systems. This will change, the Conduit is a good sign.