NEurope
andywills

Whats happened to gamestation?

Gives you free money, but it takes up to a year for that money to materialise. Essentially you get a little of Quidco's money when you click on their links from on their site to other sites.

Pretty simple, but you get cash via paypal.

This is a step-up from what I got: I wasn't even told there was no manual with the last pre-owned game I got from Gamestation, and didn't notice until I got home.

Happened to me in Bedford, I bought Kingdom Hearts pre-owned. Wasn't until I got home I noticed the manual wasn't with it. Couldn't be bothered to take it back.

Gamestation have gone abit shit. I find it a really awkward shop to be in.

The last time i went in was to trade afew games. I was stood at the desk for a good 2 to 3 minutes while the staff were talking to each other about something irrelevent from work, completely ignoring me. Once the guy realised i was actually a customer and not a cardboard cut out did he decide to scan my games though while carrying on his convo. After all that i got a crap price for the games anyway.

GAME arn't that bad imo, their instore prices are laughable but online they're good.

The Gamestation near me is complete crud. I took 3 games to be traded in last year (forgot what they were) and they offered me £10 for the lot. Went to GAME and they offered me £50 for the lot, much better deal.

Gamestation are like a instant money store and don't care about customers too much. Always ignoring you when you talk, rudely ask you to hurry up if you browse for more than 5 minutes and the store i go to doesn't even have carpet. GAME care and actually take the time to listen to you and give you honest advice and have better staff, which is why i shop for my gaming stuff and GAME most of the time.

Whoawhoawhoa, whats Quidco do?

http://www.quidco.com

It's like a site that gets referral bonuses for linking you to shops, except then they give that referral bonus to you. It can take many months to come through, but you get a percentage of your payment back, and there's nothing to lose.

They take £5 each year out of whatever you get back (so they never really charge you anything, just deduct from your earnings).

Not bad considering in the last 3 months I've got about £50 cashback.

The percentage is different for each site, and they don't cover EVERY site. But they do Play.com, GAME, Tesco, WHSmith, HMV and loads more.

Pretty simple, but you get cash via paypal.
You can get a direct bank transfer now.

I met an abusive black person once. Ergo all people of colour are dicks.

Wow, wish I knew about that before now. Sounds wicked, Ill definitely do it. Is it a fixed percentage for certain sites?

yep, alsorts of shopping sites on there...but dont forget you may get cheaper else where

My local Gamestation is fucking awesome! Though I guess it's because it is pretty small, but i've always loved the service i've got there.

If people's local Game have a specific problem, then that's absolutely fine, but I don't like yhis arrogant attitude that some people have when it comes to attacking Game based solely on the whole corporate, monopolising stigma. In Manchester, I always go Game - they've got very good stock, the people who work there are friendly, and the prices have been pretty competitive recently as well. I've neer bought a singl thing from Gamestation. I'm sure the people who work there are nice, but the shop is so pitifully small, and even the games cost way too much for what they are, (pre-owned Red Steel - £30, wtf?)

I met an abusive black person once. Ergo all people of colour are dicks.
Exactly, one idiot in Gamestation doesn't really have any connection to the others' does he? Unless of course, Gamestation trains staff to be assholes. And since my girlfriend worked at Gamestation for a little while I can safely say that's not true.

Actually I can think of a positive experience I've had with Gamestation staff, I went to buy Mass Effect, grabbed a used copy for about £35, then when I was queueing a staff member said "Mate, I'm gonna save you some money" (then promptly dropped the stack of games he was carrying, to which I felt bad). Anyway he walked away (leaving the puddle of games) and came back with a brand new copy he had just restocked, with a reintroductory price of £19.99. Add to that my 10% student discount and I had a bargain!

If people's local Game have a specific problem, then that's absolutely fine, but I don't like yhis arrogant attitude that some people have when it comes to attacking Game based solely on the whole corporate, monopolising stigma. In Manchester, I always go Game - they've got very good stock, the people who work there are friendly, and the prices have been pretty competitive recently as well. I've neer bought a singl thing from Gamestation. I'm sure the people who work there are nice, but the shop is so pitifully small, and even the games cost way too much for what they are, (pre-owned Red Steel - £30, wtf?)

I agree, GAME get too much stick from people on these boards. In all my local GAME stores, the staff are as friendly as you can get. I usually have conversations with them and speculate when it's coming up to E3/a console launch. :heh: Gamestation don't really have anything on them in my area.

Ah see with manchester I agree with you, everytime I walk in manchesters game (in arndale?) somebody comes up to me, somebody who seems to know wtf they and myself are on about and it's fantastic and they have a huge range of pre-owned. I also like the gamestation there, although small. But it's not too bad!

Crewe is irratating because the game shops are both small and the people in GAME itself don't seem to understand, although they do greet me which in a way is nice, but I always feel like I have to buy something because of how much they ask! so I prefer gamestation, the guys there seem to be ok, never had an issue, but then I'm in there that much!

Crewe? Don't you have to be Polish to go there?

Withought being too racist, mostly. There's alot of polish here, and the college has gone from being amazing to straight down the plug hole.

It's not a bad place to be considering, the train station is great (not in looks) and you can get pretty much anywhere from there and the town centre isn't too bad.

but that's OT!

Ah see with manchester I agree with you, everytime I work in manchesters game (in arndale?) somebody comes up to me, somebody who seems to know wtf they and myself are on about and it's fantastic and they have a huge range of pre-owned. I also like the gamestation there, although small. But it's not too bad!

Crewe is irratating because the game shops are both small and the people in GAME itself don't seem to understand, although they do greet me which in a way is nice, but I always feel like I have to buy something because of how much they ask! so I prefer gamestation, the guys there seem to be ok, never had an issue, but then I'm in there that much!

There is one problem with shopping in the arndale, and that's TOO MUCH BLOODY CHOICE! Not only are there 2 Games and a Gamestaion, but there are 2 massive HMVs, a Xavvi (which used to be an awesome Virgin Megastores) and a CEX.

car showrooms not that good either, wont be buying another car from there

Again OT, but anyway.

haha D_prOdigy, true but it's always nice to have too much choice rather than not at all.

I've tried CEX a few times, I should really go look abit more, but everytime I walk in I feel like I don't look geeky enough to be in there, maybe it's just me.

I've tried CEX a few times, I should really go look abit more, but everytime I walk in I feel like I don't look geeky enough to be in there, maybe it's just me.

I always feel like I'm going to get knifed.

I don't really like CEX. It's great if you want to randomly pop in and pick up something cheap but...

epic queues for sellers

get a better price selling on ebay

often their hand DVDs are cheaper brand new elsewhere if they're recent/popular titles

scratched up disks and broken boxes galore.

I remember buying Spidey 3 and Superbad from CEX, only to find cheaper, new and sealed copies of each in WHSmith 30 minutes later.

I agree, GAME get too much stick from people on these boards. In all my local GAME stores, the staff are as friendly as you can get. I usually have conversations with them and speculate when it's coming up to E3/a console launch. :heh: Gamestation don't really have anything on them in my area.

Its kinda the opposite here, but thats a bit bias as I have a friend who recently begun working there. However, I have had various discussions with some staff there regarding Gamecube being the console with the most hits last generation, and we have the occasional laugh at what Yugioh fans are upto these days (Weighing card packets with miniature pocket scales and buying the heavy ones).

I do think people are giving Game a bit too much stick, but if the reward points have an expiration date, then something is at a loss, as surely thats a deterrant if you have a certain time to use them. Those who mentioned gift cards expiring, it happens in almost every shop. Its just a form of insurance just incase at some point in the near future they are nearly bust.

However, despite being owned by Game, I'm still with Gamestation for my purchases. They still sell Gamecube and GBA games at my local one, which is very handy. As for pre-owned titles, I sell mine to CEX, gotta love cash for your old goods.

I remember buying Spidey 3 and Superbad from CEX, only to find cheaper, new and sealed copies of each in WHSmith 30 minutes later.

Ah that sucks, but if you look closely at the receipt, you can take it back and get your money straight back too, just make up some bullshit excuse that it doesnt work on your DVD player. Its what I did and it worked awesomely.

last time i went into a CEX was in Brum's high street store. Never been a fan of shops that smell of manure, customers with cigarettes in their hands and people (kids) crying. Oh and Wii's going for three hundred quid as well, san's wii sports :p

I didn't know they were bought out. On Edinburgh's high street, the 2 are about a 3 minute walk from each other, and Gamestation is WAy bigger, with more merchandise.