N-Europe

Castlevania Judgement

Hero-of-Time

Box art:

castlevaniajudgementaw1.jpg

He-man anyone?

800810lu4.jpg

I'm impressed! Ordre of Ecclesia isn't even out and they already fucked up Shanoa' design.:bowdown:

821701ba9.jpg

Starring Ivy in the role of Carmella.

IMO, Golem has the best design yet.

I heard Trevor, Grant, Sypha and the werewolf guy from the N64 game considering have also been confirmed back at E3. Can't wait to see how horrible and untrue to their original incarnation they look.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very busty Dominatrix is Ivy :P I think the style suits the Casltevania world well for most characters.

It's not bad, no. But I still dislike those overly complicated patterns and decorations. And the huge weapons.

Of course, that's something the series as a whole has been acquiring, but they certainly accentuate them here.

The boxart made me laugh, though. I guess Simon Belmont still looks like He-man :heh:

Look what game PS3 and 360 are getting.

Castlevania: SOTN 2 PS3/360

l_ym_dra03.jpg

Alucard, with the help of Maria, defeated Count Dracula and freed Richter. It has been one year since he has disappeared because of his hatred of his own blood. There are reports in a town of a series of incidents involving the death of young girls whose blood are drained. Meanwhile, as Richter takes up his whip, his letter addressed to Maria arrives. He tells her that he fears that the vampire instinct in Alucard has reawoken.

Around the same time, a dark man who calls himself Magnus, appears before Maria. He shows her in a dream a vision of Alucard sucking the blood of a young girl. Is this vision of the incubus a deception or reality? Truth and fiction are blurred and the horrible past of Alucard is revealed.

A new generation of vampire hunters, Cyril and Alexis, will join the cast of Alucard, Maria, and Richter as this tale progresses.

Am I the only one who really likes the new Shanoa? Not "passable" like the other designs (I like Dracula too), I really like it, specially since she's a member of an order, the design seems fitting.

Also, a little heads up, there's no confirmation that PS360 castlevania is SOTN2, I honestly dont know where that came from.

Honestly, before I thought Maria was the only disgustingly different one, because I wasn't aware of this appearance.

Nowadays, I think most of them hold some truth to their original designs. Sure, Shanoa has a horrible veil-thing, and Alucard looks too snobby, and Aeon never existed, but I can forgive such minor things.

Except Eric. I seriously don't know what prompted them to make him so feminine.

And where is Soma Cruz? Him and Richter are the biggest characters missing.

Where can I have a background on the characters? I've only recently been introduced to the Castlevania series (DS games) and Wiki is proving kinda difficulty to comprehend, if there was something like they did on gametrailers for Zelda, FF and MGS, it would be much easier.

I love Obata's designs and I think he's perfect for the series, the only thing missing is Soma Cruz.

Where can I have a background on the characters? I've only recently been introduced to the Castlevania series (DS games) and Wiki is proving kinda difficulty to comprehend, if there was something like they did on gametrailers for Zelda, FF and MGS, it would be much easier.

I love Obata's designs and I think he's perfect for the series, the only thing missing is Soma Cruz.

Here you go Shino;

They should've put Grant DaNasty in it from Dracula's Curse, he was awesome and could run up walls!

He's in. He has been confirmed few months ago along with Sypha, Trevor and Cornell, filling the last four character slots. One thing I like about this game is that they choose diversity of fighting style as a major factor for character choice.

The lack of Soma is disappointing though.

I'm still hoping it will be a good game (and the original outfits are avalaible which would be logical for a fan-service game... but since Iga said at E3 they weren't planned, it's not likely... poor Death :( ) but I have the feeling it won't. Decent at the very best.

He's in. He has been confirmed few months ago along with Sypha, Trevor and Cornell, filling the last four character slots. One thing I like about this game is that they choose diversity of fighting style as a major factor for character choice.

The lack of Soma is disappointing though.

I'm still hoping it will be a good game (and the original outfits are avalaible which would be logical for a fan-service game... but since Iga said at E3 they weren't planned, it's not likely... poor Death :( ) but I have the feeling it won't. Decent at the very best.

Ah, awesome! I look forward to seeing waht they've done with him! I think decent at best too. No online as well, another game that would be great with leader boards and great for online tournaments. What a crock.

I thought that was a rumour.

I thought that was a rumour.

Well, it's not officialy confirmed but some (reliable) people have been shown all the characters at E3 and all they said was confirmed afterward so...

And Sypha, Grant and Cornell are logical choices since they have their own unique fighting style. Trevor is probably part of the cast because he is one of Iga's favourite and is closely linked to Grant and Sypha plotwise.

Well, it's not officialy confirmed but some (reliable) people have been shown all the characters at E3 and all they said was confirmed afterward so...

And Sypha, Grant and Cornell are logical choices since they have their own unique fighting style. Trevor is probably part of the cast because he is one of Iga's favourite and is closely linked to Grant and Sypha plotwise.

Hmm...Ok, I guess that makes it (somewhat) official, then.

Which means we won't see Richter or Soma :(

By the way, is there any Ninja in the castlevania series besides Maxim? Or does Grant already count as one? :heh:

By the way, is there any Ninja in the castlevania series besides Maxim? Or does Grant already count as one? :heh:

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead Grant is a pirate. He can't count as a ninja! :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Saying things like that can cost your life.

I don't know if there is any ninja in Castlevania. I haven't got very deep knowledge of Castlevania since I only played Super Castlevania IV, all the GBA and DS ones and see the N64 one at a friend house.

Even if there isn't ninjas, there is plenty of characters with different fighting abilities they can include if they want to make a sequel:

http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/characters.html

Off-topic: Castlevania Arcade

Ever since I first heard about the new CastleVania arcade title by Konami, I’ve wanted to see more than the outside of the cabinet and finally after a little while of waiting we have a couple of shots from inside the cabinet. Next we’ll need video but this will do for now. As seen above about it’s got a very large screen - I know that the cabinet is huge so it will be an attention getter. Also seen in the thumbnail to the right here are the motion-sensitive whip controllers - I wonder if the tips light up or not. With the fanbase that CastleVania has I cannot imagine this not showing up outside of Japan, we’ll just have to see how much it runs for.

castlevaniacab.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead Grant is a pirate. He can't count as a ninja! :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Saying things like that can cost your life.

I don't know if there is any ninja in Castlevania. I haven't got very deep knowledge of Castlevania since I only played Super Castlevania IV, all the GBA and DS ones and see the N64 one at a friend house.

Even if there isn't ninjas, there is plenty of characters with different fighting abilities they can include if they want to make a sequel:

http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/characters.html

Well, I played even less than you. Only Portrait of Ruin and the GBA ones.

...But Grant still resembles a ninja, even if he is a pirate. He's agile, he clings to walls, he throws stuff, he can change directions in mid-air! :heh:

Off-topic: Castlevania Arcade

Ever since I first heard about the new CastleVania arcade title by Konami, I’ve wanted to see more than the outside of the cabinet and finally after a little while of waiting we have a couple of shots from inside the cabinet. Next we’ll need video but this will do for now. As seen above about it’s got a very large screen - I know that the cabinet is huge so it will be an attention getter. Also seen in the thumbnail to the right here are the motion-sensitive whip controllers - I wonder if the tips light up or not. With the fanbase that CastleVania has I cannot imagine this not showing up outside of Japan, we’ll just have to see how much it runs for.

castlevaniacab.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

WTF!!! They've made an arcade version with a motion sensing whip and we're NOT getting it, instead we're getting Judgement??? How the hell did this happen??? I've said it before and I'll say it again - Konami I hate you!