NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Castlevania Judgement

Yes we have another topic regarding Castlevania but this deserves attention.

Its been revealed in Nintendo Power that the new Castlevania game is infact a fighting game!

From Gonintendo

castlkevania.jpg

Characters confirmed thus far - Dracula, Simon, Alucard, Shanoa, and Maria Renard.

Classic subweapons - holy water, magic spells, dagger, boomerang

Subweapon use still depends on hearts

Remixed classic Castlevania tunes

Set traps, destroyable environments, enemy monsters interfere with battle

Nunchuck controls character movement, Wiimote used for motion attacks

What the hell, I was hoping for a normal Castlevania. Damn you Konami. With that said, I'm interested lol

Pretty cool decision. The Wii could do with more fighters.

I be keeping a close eye on this one. Both Eyes. Open.

This kinda reminds me of all those fighters on PS1 like the one with Square characters.

This kinda reminds me of all those fighters on PS1 like the one with Square characters.

You mean Ehrgeiz? I quite liked that game purely because I got to beat the hell out of Sephiroth.

Well at least it doesn't look immediately asstastic but beat em ups really aren't suited to Wii controls so I wonder what the "draw" for this is going to be. Hopefully it doesn't play like that Bleach fighter on Wii, it looked pretty poor.

This was a.. surprise..

On the one hand: Hell yeh, it's Castlevania :yay:

On the other hand: Hell no, this isn't Castlevania :eek:

The screenshoot looks kinda cool :heh: ..I'm interested to see how this one goes, will definitely be keeping an eye on it :smile: ..wouldn't mind a wee adventure section thrown into the game too (as long as it's better than something like The Devil Within from Tekken 5)

Soma Cruz better be in there.. Dawn of Sorrow is my favourite Castlevania (though I have only played 4 of the games :heh:)

Order of Eclessia will be out on DS for my traditional fix of 'vania, so I have no problem with them trying something different.. even if it isn't what anyone expected!

What the hell? There better be a proper Castlevania game announced at E3 or i'm gonna be well pissed with Konami

This...I really didn't see coming. Was hoping for a proper Castlevania but this is odd.

I'll keep an eye on it for now since it's Catlevania and I have faith in the dev team, sort of. Hope this turn of events will make it a good fighter with good controls and not just tacked on waggle, aka Bleach.

Wanted a proper Castlevania, even if it was 3d :heh:

Well at least it doesn't look immediately asstastic but beat em ups really aren't suited to Wii controls so I wonder what the "draw" for this is going to be. Hopefully it doesn't play like that Bleach fighter on Wii, it looked pretty poor.

That's more because fighting games haven't really evolved much. They haven't even started using analogue sticks properly.

What the hell? There better be a proper Castlevania game announced at E3 or i'm gonna be well pissed with Konami

t_ce.jpg

Really unexpected but this could be a classic beat em up if konami pull it off.

Here's hoping

Really unexpected but this could be a classic beat em up if konami pull it off.

Here's hoping

If by classic you mean classic style, it's clearly not, it has zombies and whatnot appearing in the middle of the fight.

WTF

Great... another poor quality spin-off >> sorry to be the voice of pessimism but I hold no hope for this.

Great... another poor quality spin-off >> sorry to be the voice of pessimism but I hold no hope for this.

Chalk me up for one of these and a couple "not more of this shit".

I would much rather have a normal Castlevania as this doesn't interest me at all.

I would much rather have a normal Castlevania as this doesn't interest me at all.

Agreed! My heart rate went up when I saw this thread and then I was disappointed with what I found.

Don't really know what to think. If it's quality, I don't mind but I have some big doubts.

On the bright side, playing as Death could be fun (this character can't not be in).

I think I'll go for a classic but efficient "wait and see". We'll probably hear more at E3.

This is quite funny in a way, we wanted a proper Soul Calibur fighting game and we got a sub par adventure spin off.

We wanted a proper Castlevania adventure and we're going to get a sub par fighting spin off.

See the funny thing there?

See the funny thing there?

If you mean funny like in the way being strapped to a windmill naked (whilst everyone you know watches as a pair of blind kingfishers attempt to pluck every last pubic hair from your body) makes you want to kill yourself, then yeah I guess it is kind of funny. God i'm so sick of this shit.

The Wii gets a poor spin off likely made made by the studios C team or something. I don't see how they think this title on Wii is a good idea, it is only going to really appeal to hardcore Castlevania fans, no one who hasn't played much of the series is going to pick it up.

I am a big Castlevania fan and will likely be leaving my future Castlevania fun to the DS. I really wish they had had the balls to try another 3D Castlevania like the N64 games they could have worked with a bit more work.