NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Castlevania Judgement

Interresting.

Considering that the 3D Castlevanias sucked, this might be good news.

If it sucks, it sucks, online or no online.

If it's good, it's good, online or no online.

yet again i agree with this logic

That's true but unfortunately being "good" is not enough. Reviews often take into account something called longevity and if there's no online it has no longevity, for me at least. So it may as well suck since I won't buy it either way.

Simple logic doesn't always suffice.

I don't see how anyone would want a fighter to be online. We've seen with Smash and online iterations of Street Fighter that the lag is just unsolvable (or developers are lazy).

That's true but unfortunately being "good" is not enough. Reviews often take into account something called longevity and if there's no online it has no longevity, for me at least. So it may as well suck since I won't buy it either way.

Simple logic doesn't always suffice.

See, now there's something I don't care about. It's good, it's good, simple logic is always enough. Are you worried about reviews or about the game itself? (Also don't talk about reviews to me like I don't know what they are, considering I write them :P).

So any game without online is short? If the game happens to be awesome, you won't buy it? Cool.

Hellfire's right. It's like you are already suggesting that games like Soul Calibur had no life in them cos they didn't have online.

It's early days, but that screenshot looks promising to me. I didn't realise that what I wanted all along was a Castlevania themed beat 'em up on Wii!

Definitely one to watch for me, and I'll hold off on buying that scratched up copy of Soul Calibur 2 from eBay until this turns up.

See, now there's something I don't care about. It's good, it's good, simple logic is always enough. Are you worried about reviews or about the game itself? (Also don't talk about reviews to me like I don't know what they are, considering I write them :P).

So any game without online is short? If the game happens to be awesome, you won't buy it? Cool.

You might not care. But I do. Why would I be worried about reviews? I'll talk to you how I please tbh, you take the same courtesy with everyone else.

Where did I state that any game without online is short? Have fun finding that quote. For those that can read, what I did state is that this particular game and, in my view, fighters in general are short without online. Comparisons to the old Soul Calibur games are pointless. Standards have changed now. I'm no longer satisfied just fighting against NPCs. If you guys are then fine, that's your call. I'm also a lot older and it's less practical to have friends round all the time to play against. It's fun when it happens but part of that is because it's more of a "special occasion" these days than it was when I was a kid.

Online is a necessity for this sort of game, as it is for all "competitive games" in this day and age. I want leaderboards. I want a thriving community, which is certainly less feasible when you can't play eachother. I basically want competition from games like this. The game may well be awesome but without online I wouldn't have purchased it because I simply wouldn't get any decent play time out of it and that's an important factor to me. I'd even rather play a slightly worse game with online than one without.

As for the online fighters can't work rubbish, I'm not even sure that justifies a reply. It IS without a shadow of a doubt possible to create a lag free fighter. In the same way it is possible to create lag-free games. Fighters are nothing special. Dead or Alive on the 360 is fine, as is Street Fight 2. Smash is screwed up because of nintendo's shitty netcode but even then we manage lots of lag free games between ourselves on N-Europe.

Reviews often take into account something called longevity and if there's no online it has no longevity, for me at least.

Hmmm...

Oooh he's a lot older. It's OK guys, he's older! (21, he's basically an ancient!).

Yes, you're older than before, I understand.

Again Hellfire, you failed to read my post.

Let me break down my argument into bullet points since you can't manage prose.

- When I was playing games like Soul Calibur I was in my early teens.

- When I was in my early teens it was much easier to get lots of friends round all the time to play against because we all had less commitments.

- I enjoy playing against other people. I don't enjoy playing against NPCs.

-Since it is now less easy to gather round friends to play games I rely on online gaming to enjoy competitive games, such as a fighter, for extended periods of time.

Understand yet?

Did I, by any chance, say anything against that? Or do I need to break down my

into

bullet

?

Hmmm...

Oooh he's a lot older. It's OK guys, he's older! (21, he's basically an ancient!).

Yes, you're older than before, I understand.

That's not a sarcy comment aimed to both discredit and belittle me and my argument? Masked exceptionally well if it's not.

Not to keen on the Alucard design, but I really like the others.

Hmm, it resembles Light a little, but I like it, it fits well the goth fighter theme

Tbh, i starting to quite like the idea of a Castlevania fighting game. They have so much legacy to pull from, it's gotta a be fan's dream. Truth be told, I would have liked a 2D or 3D adventure title. But i'll definitely eat this up. Good or bad.

What worries me most though, is the fact it's motion controlled. It's a lot of waving and waggling. It's like buttong mashing again, but worse. Shake nunchuk to dodge? That's not gonna work 4 of 10 times. It'll only frustrate the experience.

I bet Konami is gonna show it off at E3, show we'll have a better look at it then. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

LOOOOOOOL.

It indeed looks like Light.

I didn't notice before...

Btw, wich one is the chick with an outrageous costume? Can't find her in the pictures.

All I can say is nope. Think i'll be giving this one a miss for several reasons unless there is someone who trust that buys this and says that its good.

I know it's early days but there doesn't seem all that much to it at all.

Regardless what we might get here, I believe the point is that: I want a "normal" Castlevania to Wii. I'll be looking at this title, I'll probably get it if it proves to be a good effort, but I hope they do not stop at this point...

What's annoying is if this doesn't sell that well, they'll probably just dismiss it as Castlevania has no place/doesn't sell on Wii, and it'll be the last we see of the series!

When really the true tester, and what most people want, would be a traditional 2D/3D adventure game!

What's annoying is if this doesn't sell that well, they'll just dismiss it as Castlevania has no place/doesn't sell on Wii, and it'll be the last we see of the series!

When really the true tester, and what most people want, would be a traditional 2D/3D adventure game!

I believe they're aware that it is a completely different scenario. One thing won't lead to the other.

After reading the first bit of the article , the control scheme actually sounds good and i like his reasoning behind making a fighter.

I wonder if this game would exist had Nintendo included the Classic Controller in the Wii SKU