N-Europe

Castlevania Judgement

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Grant - WTF. I thought he was bald! :heh: He looks a lot like Voldo, though. I guess he's the closest thing we have to L. :p

Sypha - She's not wearing her druid habit, but she looks pretty good.

Cornell - I have no idea about his original "Werewolf" design, but he looks pretty awesome here.

Holy shit.. Grant is now the worst design of the bunch. Not a single trait remain of the original character. They try too much to be like soul calibur. They could have named it Fleaman and it wouldn't have been different.

And just as planned, Sypha doesn't have her cloak. Cloaks, long floating hairs and alikes are probably banished because of laziness of developpers.

Anyway, nice design but again: what's the point of a all-stars game if you can't recognize the characters ? Just to lure Death Note fans into buying the game since they already know hardcore fans will buy it anyway (maybe not?).

Cornell's design is nice but Cornell is not some megaman robot. He's just a werewolf with all the organic stuff included. But again, fur is probably harder to render than metal.:indeed:

I also learned some time ago that Igarashi stated in an interview that they don't really care about balance, hence why he continuously say it's not a fighting game but a "3D versus action game".:blank:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, so this game is actually pretty good!?

7.0 Presentation

This one is chalk full of references, characters, items, monsters, stages, and music from 20 years of Castlevania. The menus are a bit basic, but it captures the feel of the series.

8.0 Graphics

The character design by Takeshi Obata (Death Note) is fresh and unique, but strange. Visual effects are amazing, and models are well made. Full 16:9, and 480p. Nice.

8.0 Sound

There are some great compositions in here from two decades of source material, but it isn't as polished or ambitious as some remixes out there. Lots of VO and returning SFX.

7.5 Gameplay

There's a lot to experience, with a large roster, different styles, counters, guard crushes, supers, charged specials, and sub-weapons with Item Crushes added in. Camera is a pain.

7.5 Lasting Appeal

It's fun, but it could be bigger. Castle mode seems rushed, and lacks leveling, versatility, or any real guts. Online is fun, and battles are strategic due to great balance.

Good OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/931/931583p1.html

As good as City Folk and better than ToS2...

• 2 weeks later...

i have to see i really like the game i just finished it the real Final boss i got quite frustrated when i lost so much ahahah but i managed to beat him

i have no complains about this game its a good game only they could have done more for it like endings for each character stuff like that

in 2 / 3 days i will try out the Wifi see how that turns out

• 1 month later...
For those of you still interested in this it's available to pre-order at Play.com for £17.99. It's got to be worth a punt for that? I think it looks quite fun in a Power Stone kind of way, and despite the reviews I've ordered it myself.

Thanks for the heads up, will order it from there if Game are going to sell it for full price.