NEurope
Chanser

New Wii Update 3.3

Crap... So how do I go about in playing No More Heroes NTSC then? :(

Crap... So how do I go about in playing No More Heroes NTSC then? :(

Buy a US Wii.

mod your wii

and even then im not sure. I can't say im an expert on the wii but it's the thing to so with other consoles.

But from what I see wii is the easiest of the 3 to mess around with.

Buy a US Wii.

Over my dead and rotting corpse.

mod your wii

and even then im not sure. I can't say im an expert on the wii but it's the thing to so with other consoles.

Yeah, but not only would that void my warranty, it would also label me as a possible pirate to Nintendo - something I do not want. Also, I believe I recall hardware manufacturers being able to disable mod chips via firmware updates, no?

Nintendo will probably block mod chips eventually as well. The safest bet is to , if you haven't already updated your Wii, install the Homebrew Channel, and install the Gecko Region Free application. That's exactly what I'll be doing, and it seems safer than getting a mod chip.

When I bought the freeloader and imported Brawl, I already expected this to happen, I just didn't want to wait for the PAL version. Now that's almost out, I don't really care any more.

I do have a No More Heroes US copy coming, but its just a matter of time until someone finds a way to use the Twilight hack and with that, a way to play games from other regions.

Over my dead and rotting corpse.

Yeah, but not only would that void my warranty, it would also label me as a possible pirate to Nintendo - something I do not want. Also, I believe I recall hardware manufacturers being able to disable mod chips via firmware updates, no?

there is always a risk with these things.And always a chance it could be blocked(though doubtful )

but nintendo are veru inexperienced with this kinda stuff. They can barely block freeloader ha.

Nintendo will probably block mod chips eventually as well. The safest bet is to , if you haven't already updated your Wii, install the Homebrew Channel, and install the Gecko Region Free application. That's exactly what I'll be doing, and it seems safer than getting a mod chip.

If I eventually update the firmware (after installation of the homebrew software), won't the GRF app be useless as well? Seeing as the HC relies on the TP hack...

Can't say that I'm surprised. I think that it's pretty short sighted of people to have bought the freeloader expecting Nintendo to NOT stop it. They have always hated stuff like that and I say fair play to them.

Exactly it is the way I feel...

I know people object to having region locking but it exists...I mean DVD's are just the same so why can't Nintendo keep to this ideology. Sony whilst there console is region free they are by no means a region free company. Games are regurlarly up for sale on play-asia and won't be sold to people in europe..

Buy a US Wii.

The only true way to commit to importing...

mod your wii:D

But then modding is illegal, at least the freeloader is legal.

Exactly it is the way I feel...

The only true way to commit to importing...

But then modding is illegal, at least the freeloader is legal.

ya true i guess personally i havent tried it for the wii so i cant really comment any further on how it works.

If I eventually update the firmware (after installation of the homebrew software), won't the GRF app be useless as well? Seeing as the HC relies on the TP hack...

Nope, the update only blocks the special Twilight Princess save, but not the homebrew channel. So after updating, the HBC will still work, and so will the GRF app, or so I've read. I'm yet to try it out myself though.

Just a warning watch what you all say...running unauthorised homebrew on consoles is illegal. If you want to chat about it save it for MSN.

Just a warning watch what you all say...running unauthorised homebrew on consoles is illegal. If you want to chat about it save it for MSN.

Homebrew itself isn't illegal. It is if you do... illegal stuff though. Which I won't.

Homebrew itself isn't illegal. It is if you do... illegal stuff though. Which I won't.

And neither will I.

In a word, is it illegal to try and play NTSC games on PAL consoles without modifying anything in the hardware?

It doesnt =S but hacked VC games do exist.

Homebrew does allow you to install hacked VC/WW games for free actually.

And anyone asking is clearly on a one-way ticket to ban.

Sounds like I should get to finishing NMH then. Not exactly like theres any rush though, what is there on the horizon for Wii games, really? Going by the release list on GFAQs, theres nothing with a confirmed date I'm interested in other than perhaps a few WiiWare games.

Worst case scenario, I finish NMH before buying anything new, buy an EU Brawl and sell the US copies on eBay. I'm maybe a few quid out of pocket, but I still got the better NMH experience and Brawl 5 months early :smile:

Ok so running unauthorised homebrew for illegal means should not be discussed. Even discussing just homebrew gets people asking about how to run such things... Just look at the number of people asking how it lets them run WW and VC games.

Wait a second. How do I get free VC and WW games?

Ask your parents.

Ok so running unauthorised homebrew for illegal means should not be discussed. Even discussing just homebrew gets people asking about how to run such things... Just look at the number of people asking how it lets them run WW and VC games.

They'll never know anyway, albiet it's easy to do. But people don't use the Twilight Hack just for illegal use.

Either way, they can never block the Twilight Hack and Datel will make a new Free Loader.

I guess this means HDD drivers are going to require this update to install if they ever come out.

Try to know what you're talking about. Just the twilight hack alone allows for a lot of piracy, the freeloader works because of a trucha sign bug, which allows games to be hacked and other region games to work.

And that makes what i said false in what way?

The patch failed to stop the Twilight hack.

The patch succeded at stopping the Freeloader.

So really other than you trying to sound smart i'm not sure what your point is?

So really other than you trying to sound smart i'm not sure what your point is?

The patch didn't fail to stop the Twilight hack (of course that it didn't stop it permanently), which is why they're making a workaround, a workaround wouldn't be necessary if it they didn't succeed in deleting the tp save with the update.

And if you actually read the thread instead of posting just to bash and troll, you'd know that to stop trucha signed games, meaning lots of hacked games and online cheaters, the freeloader needs to be stopped too, because both work the same way.

I'll help you out: Fixing Trucha bug= disables freeloader+a lot of game hacks and piracy

So the update stops the freeloader from working but is completely useless at stopping piracy?

!=

Of course that soon, lots of workarounds and alternatives will be made available, it's inevitable.