Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerard is a man who dived in the Champions League Final for a penalty, so without seeing it I can believe he made the most of it.

[And yes I fully aware Mr Emmanuel Eboue dived the following year for the free kick that Sol Campbell scored from]

5-4-1 I think you'll find! :)

and hey you got to utilise what you have, we were missing 3 really important players from our team who would have been used going forward and with a squad that's not packed with world-class players we did what we had to. :)

still should have stopped your goal though, and your defence isn't looking as strong as it used to ;)

Huddlestone was man of the match for me - no doubt about it. His goal was on par with Bentely's goal for me; and the way he controlled the midfield, with some pinpoint long passes with the flick of his foot (he has the power of God) created the stability in the centre we've been looking for. Great match.

Not all too confident about todays match considering we have about 6-8 injuries.

Hopefully we can pull something out of the bag. Also, I hate 12:45 kick offs. Luckily I got the night off work or they'd be no way I'd get to the game today.

What a great game! Loved it all the way through. None too bothered about the result, but I thought Rafael's goal was stunning (cos the ball didn't touch the floor, lol). Why is Bendtner playing for Arsenal? Such a poor mans Adebayor.

Firstly I thought it was a great game.

I felt we (united) played really well and could have had a few goals but that little bit of luck wasnt there.

A draw would have been a fair result but can't complain too much if we're not putting away our chances.

Thought each side should have had a penalty too and how lucky was it that clichy didnt score an own goal!

Ah well we still have our game in hand against Fulham and we have now played the "big teams" away so we got the home games to come where we must win.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with the result today. So many things that were wrong today that pissed me off.

Firstly, there were many poor performers for our team today. I thought Gary Neville had an absolute shocker, and possibly his worst ever performance in a United shirt. He didn't look comfortable, gave away the ball so many times, and made so many awful decisions. I feel he may even have been to blame for either/both of the goals.

Secondly, the center of our defence looked a shambles. Now, again, I think Gary has to take the blame here. Last season, we were solid, and Wes Brown did a good job on the right. However, I think we've taken a step back since Neville has returned. I dunno what it is, but I think Ferdinand is the natural leader in the squad, but today he didn't look like one. Maybe because Neville had the armband, it gave Rio the opportunity to sit back and coast, rather than take charge.

Thirdly, our tactics were horrific. How many times did we loft the ball into the air and see it returned back at us? You'd have thought that after the first lot of balls like this that we would have learned, but no. We didn't. Also, coincidentally, our best attacking play came from passes and moves that we had strung together, by moving it on the ground. I can't think of a single 50/50 ball that we won.

Now, saying that, I did see a couple of good things. Rafael is one of them, and his goal was stunning. Anderson and Park had good games, I thought. However, we didn't see enough service for the strikers. When we passed the ball along the ground to Rooney and Berbatov, we looked dangerous at times. Again, did Neville have something to do with this? As he should be providing service for our strikeforce. I also didn't think Ronaldo was as effective today as he should have been. Carrick also had a poor game, imo, and this also affected the number of balls we had played upfront.

Defensively, Arsenal were more solid, today. I think a result would have been fair, but our awful, awful defending has cost us two games against the big four now. Maybe even prevented us from winning against Chelsea.

In my honest opinion, there isn't enough balance in the side. Evra is a pacey left-back, and he gets up and down the wings, and is prepared to run at defenders. He'll get back, due to his pace, and he's wherever we need him.

On the other side, we have Gary Neville, who isn't as pacey, and without his service into the box, there's not alot he can do. With this concerned, there isn't balance. I think the team instantly played better with Rafael on the pitch. It's just a pity that he didn't start.

What a great game! Loved it all the way through. None too bothered about the result, but I thought Rafael's goal was stunning (cos the ball didn't touch the floor, lol). Why is Bendtner playing for Arsenal? Such a poor mans Adebayor.

1. Adebayor is injured so couldn't play and Van Persie is suspended, so Bendtner was the obvious next choice to play up front.

2. Bendtner did his job, he was alone up front which is tough job.

If Bendtner is a poor mans Adebayor, Adebayor is definitely a poor mans Thierry Henry.

---

As for todays game, fan-fucking-tastic! The result is what we needed, to quiet the Arsene doubters. We didn't dominate the game, but we took our chances, and at the end of the day that counts the most.

Got to say our fans today were fantastic, made the match that much better.

FUCK 'EM ALL! FUCK 'EM ALL!

UNITED, WEST HAM, LIVERPOOL!

WE ARE THE ARSENAL! WE ARE THE BEST!

WE ARE THE ARSENAL! SO FUCK ALL THE REST!

1. Adebayor is injured so couldn't play and Van Persie is suspended, so Bendtner was the obvious next choice to play up front.

If Bendtner is a poor mans Adebayor, Adebayor is definitely a poor mans Thierry Henry.

---

As for todays game, fan-fucking-tastic! The result is what we needed, to quiet the Arsene doubters. We didn't dominate the game, but we took our chances, and at the end of the day that counts the most.

Got to say our fans today were fantastic, made the match that much better.

FUCK 'EM ALL! FUCK 'EM ALL!

UNITED, WEST HAM, LIVERPOOL!

WE ARE THE ARSENAL! WE ARE THE BEST!

WE ARE THE ARSENAL! SO FUCK ALL THE REST!

That bit made me laugh ;)

Ok ok, but can I have my head back please? :heh: I just didn't think he was very good, he was the only choice so fair enough. : peace:

---

Woooooooh bolton 1 hull 0. Although I wish Phil brown had stayed with us, and was now our manager instead of megson. Can't win them all.

Ok ok, but can I have my head back please? :heh: I just didn't think he was very good, he was the only choice so fair enough. : peace:

Sorry for biting your head off. :P I blame the post match alcoholic beverages, which have since worn off. :(

Sorry for biting your head off. :P I blame the post match alcoholic beverages, which have since worn off. :(

Oh I know the feeling of post match boozy lairyness (made up word). Although last time I went to a game was...heck, 2 years ago probably. Had season tickets to the reebok for 3 years but its alot of travelling from bucks etc. I'm determined to go to some games this season!

Another win for the mighty yids!! :D Can't believe it, what a couple of weeks!!! Finally out of the relegation spots, 2 points from 10th, only 8 points from 5th, and a pretty easy set of games coming up :D

So you're liking Harry now after being so pessimistic when he was first took over. :smile:

So you're liking Harry now after being so pessimistic when he was first took over. :smile:

I always knew he'd be a quick-fix great manager, I like him; but....I don't know, I just don't know if he can make the step up to the big time which (maybe stupidly so) we really want to push for. Tactically and transfer wise, can he really work at the highest level and with the best players? He's great at getting a bargain and getting good players play better; but can he work with amazing players, like Modric for example, could he have handled Berbatov? These are the players we'll be getting and I doubt whether he can work with them. Hope I'm wrong though :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!