NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Heaven

So I finally got a wii

still I havent got any games for it

twilight princess? no thanks, I couldnt play it

well its sure Im gonna buy mario galaxy and okami next week

hmm any other (good) games that Ive missed out?:smile:

Hi, not sure why on earth you couldn't play Zelda but I feel sorry for you if that's truly the case as it's a great experience if not the greatest ever challenge!

Personally I enjoyed Excite Truck, Rayman Raving Rabbids 1, Pangya Golf, Battalion Wars 2, Zack and Wiki and of course Mario Kart!

edit: forgot to add the brilliant Metroid Prime Corruption, after seeing it mentioned below, as I lent that one to my nipper!

why not twilight princess when your getting okami?

a couple of games that i love but are an aquired taste, fire emblem and no more heros both kept me playing.

metroid is my current fave wii game.

wario ware is stupidly fun. great for getting non gamer mates and girls playing.

mario kart is just awsome.

I have:

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Resident Evil UC

Battalion Wars

Mario Kart

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return

Ghost Squad

Dragon Ball Z BT2

Metroid Prime 3

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

I'd recommend any of them, they're all really good titles.

Where the hell is no more heroes? That should be on everyones list >_<

But yeah....get No more heroes :P

i got battalion wars, good game but easy as having a shit.

Clearly you haven't experienced an online match with myslef ;)

I reccomend:

Metroid Prime 3

Boom Blox

BWii

Zack and Wiki

On top of the obvious, I would also say buy Game Party. Kids need to be told straight at an early age...

Eh? What's up with Twilight Princess? It's absolutely fantastic.

Mario Galaxy is what the system exists for. It's really astounding, and I don't mind saying that even after years of playing the Mario games. And I'm well old enough to know better! :D I'm constantly playing through it time and again, and I've not done that with a game since Mario 64 and Mario World before it. It's just such great fun, and worth every penny. It's really brought me back into gaming, when to be honest I thought I was finished with it all. There's simply nothing cynical at all in Super Mario Galaxy.

Other than Mario Galaxy, I'd have to recommend Resident Evil 4 to the new Wii owner, and perhaps even PES2008. They are both games that, along with SMG, ably demonstrate just how the Wii remote can add and improve games that you thought you knew. Also, you should be able to find Excite Truck fairly cheaply these days too, and I would definitely recommend that too. It might not have the graphics of something like MotorStorm on PS3, but it's a better game imho. After that, give Mario Kart a look, and keep an eye out for Okami soon.

Good grief, so many games! It's like old times for me! :D I don't think I've enjoyed a console this much since the old SNES days.

RE4 is my fav game and Ive played it on gamecube so I wont buy it again for wii, it will ruin it!

Im interested in no more heroes.is the gameplay any good?

RE4 is my fav game and Ive played it on gamecube so I wont buy it again for wii, it will ruin it!

I too had played Resi 4 on the GC, but still fancied doing it again on Wii. I managed to pick it up cheap, and boy I'm glad I did! It's simply better all round imo, and you cannot beat the feeling offered by the remote in combat. I'd still recommend it, especially if you see it cheap. So much more satisfying with the remote over a joypad.

No More Heroes is on my list too, but I've plumped for Okami instead at the moment. I'm hoping to pick up NMH cheap in the future, as I've heard some mixed things. Pity Nintendo don't provide demos...

Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Mario Kart Wii (but don't expect much from GP mode)

NIGHTS

Excite Truck

Why can't you play Zelda Its an amazing game.

It won't ruin it... the Wii version is by far the best version!

resident evil 4

twlight princess

metroid prime 3

super mario galazxy

and basically all first party games except resident evil 4.

Heatseeker. Honestly, it's quite a good game. Excellent control scheme.

all the above, plus excitetruck, consider SSX Blur too. And some Wii Points for LostWinds from WiiWare.

I'm gonna go ahead and recommend some

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

In no order:

No More Heroes

Okami

Super Paper Mario

RE4 Wii

Zack & Wiki

Boom Blox

DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3

NiGHTS

Excite Truck

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Mario Kart Wii

Lost Winds

RE:UC

BWii

Naruto clash of the ninja

PES

Mercury Meltdown

lol no TP for me

unfortunately im a bit spoiled with next gen graphics and gameplay...

mario galaxy and okami look awesome tho

just get excite truck. For about £10-£15 (e.g. gamestation £12.99), you get the best game on the wii at el cheapo price. You can spend the money you save on cocaine.

you can pick up metroid and paper mario for about £20 too. Its a good time to buy a wii unlike the redsteel launch suckers

lol no TP for me

then go buy babiez. I refuse to talk to you!

lol no TP for me

You won't play Zelda because you think it's just a GC port, is it? For shame! We used to have your sort on the official NoE forums and we soon changed their minds about gameplay over graphics! :heh: Seriously, it's not your average port, it's got wonderful artwork and level structure that has yet to be matched on any game similar to it until now.

still I havent got any games for it

twilight princess? no thanks, I couldnt play it

well its sure Im gonna buy mario galaxy and okami next week

hmm any other (good) games that Ive missed out?:smile:

WHAT!?

And spoiled by the graphics is not a valid argument. Twilight Princess is still one of the prettiest games on Wii despite it being a gamecube game.

Hell, even if it was a straight port. To me, it's the best game ever, not wanting to offend, but that kind of thinking is frankly... how to put it gently... ah fuck it, retarded (seriously, no offense, just don't wanna beat around the bush :P). There, I said it. Next gen gameplay? What the hell is that? Cause I'm playing 360 right now, and it kinda feels like last gen. Wii? Not so much. Which is OK, but saying you won't play TP because you're spoiled by next-gen gameplay should be illegal

OK, the guy doesn't like Zelda. It doesn't work for everyone, so let's move on. I would recommend you keep away from Okami too if you don't like Zelda, since it draws it's inspiration from the Zelda series. Seems wrong to be recommending you stay away from these fantastic games, but if you don't like them I guess that's where we are.

Metroid might be worth a look for you, but don't expect a fully blown Halo style shooter. It's much more exploration and discovery based, and more leisurely paced than Halo. I prefer it, but that's just me. I never liked Halo (not that I'm presuming you do), and Metroid was right up my alley. If you can, try before you buy, but I do believe Metroid is quite cheap these days.

If the OP doesn't like Zelda because it was developed, originally, as a Gamecube title then perhaps he does need a Forum-Flaming. Despite its obvious shortcomings, the Zelda team have developed a stunning game, and for people not to buy because its a semi-port is simply not a valid argument.

Remember, TP is in full 16:9 widescreen, has addded features like direct aiming. It should'nt be discounted for the reason that its just a Gamecube port. So is RE4, and then there are plenty of other games which look below GC.

Have people learned nothing from Wii? Its nt a console for graphics whores, sure things can look great with some decent art design and clever programming, but if you want a big visual upgrade from Gamecube/Xbox era, you've backed the wrong horse.

We're about and evolution in Gameplay, not graphics.

Sign in to follow this