NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Girly hiyaz!~ Gamer

So...this Amazon tribe....

The reason it's been done is so the Brazilian government can prevent loggers from working near them.

Oh, and Hiyaz - the Daily Mail! Whyyyyyyyy?

I found the link on another site. Believe me when I say I looked around for another link, but this had the biggest/best pictures.

Really interesting...I only thought the kinda tribes left liek this had an idea of modern life, but just chose to ignore it.

I like seeing that we haven't destroyed EVERYTHING. (yet)

Really awesome. It's great that the Brazilian government are taking photos of them to stop loggers too. Must be pretty scary a plane going overhead if you didn't know what it was though!

My anthropology indoctrination says leave them alone!

Contacting them would be plain foolish. They could catch a disease from us. Or we could destroy their way of life.

Seriously, is their way of life worthy of being preserved? Its useful to use them to prevent loggers from going there, but is it ok to deprive them of knowledge and technology?

Seriously, is their way of life worthy of being preserved? Its useful to use them to prevent loggers from going there, but is it ok to deprive them of knowledge and technology?

Reminds me of this:

insp_prime_directive.png

I sometimes wish I were more ignorant.

They are more than likely content...let them porgress at their own speed.

it is a fair point, tech could improve their lives, water purifiers, medicen et al would be a benefit, but my guess is that like so many outher tribes they would get an AK47 and war it up.

leave em too it, least they dont have to put up with big brother evictions presented as news. if my intelegence was low enough to watch big brother, i wouldent read a paper would i?

I reckon there is a responsibility to contact these people, and have a chat. Let 'em do what they want, but let's not hide from them to preserve their way of life like a museum piece. They are human beings, let's allow them to join the party instead of dicking about in the garden all day.

it is a fair point, tech could improve their lives

I don't think it would. We're surrounded by technology designed to make our lives easier/better with new things being invented all the time and I wouldn't say that we (or at least me) are any happier than they are. All it's led to is a world full of noise (I don't think I've ever gone to sleep and not heard the sound of cars/trains etc.) and stress that moves too quickly

well, if you think city nights are loud try the jungle!

fact is developments in technology have more then doubled the human life span, as well as giving us more leasure time (in most cases)

i dont know if all our modcons make us happy, id be sad to let go of them but that may be just me.

as for having a chat with them, there is a slight flaw, they dont speak our language. and english to ? dictionaries are hard to find

Our way of life is fitting for Europe, and can also be taken to other places, but it doesn't mean it should.

Those people were living well before the white men arrived, and destroyed everything, only to fit their own idea of progress. Progress that the amazon tribes don't need. I'm betting they can fight their own diseases, and find their own food.

I'm not sure we should object to people trying to contact these tribes. Forcing technology and 'progress' upon them is one thing, but simply making contact is quite another. We share the most fundamental thing in common - our humanity - and I believe that can bridge all differences.

Do you not think that maybe they look into the night sky and wonder if there is anybody out there beyond the jungle, perhaps even wish that there was something more? And of course there is something more, so how is it right to withhold that from them? It's not as if they have all made a wilful choice to live in isolation. Their 'isolation' is not isolation for them at all - it's all they know, it encompasses their known reality.

Our way of life is fitting for Europe, and can also be taken to other places, but it doesn't mean it should.

Those people were living well before the white men arrived, and destroyed everything, only to fit their own idea of progress. Progress that the amazon tribes don't need. I'm betting they can fight their own diseases, and find their own food.

You're missing the point, this people are probably dying at an average age of 40 and have many problems where we could help them.

Did anyone read about the Sentinel tribe way back when? Those guys who killed a couple drunken fisherman who strayed into the exclusion zone, and then fired a barrage of arrows at the rescue helicopter.

I think it was near India or Australia or something? I could google it but I like mystery.

You're missing the point, this people are probably dying at an average age of 40 and have many problems where we could help them.

But then again, they could catch something from us as simple as a cold and it could wipe them all out as they've never encountered it before.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104839/

That's a film about a scientist going to live with a tribe in the Amazon to work on a cure for cancer (haven't seen it for years so can't really remember it). It's really interesting and worthy of a watch.

I guess it depends on your idea of help. People living longer brings with it a whole new set of problems.

They are prob building a shrine of the helicopter right now.

I think its an amazing found, the pictures are amazing but why are they painted orange and black?

Thinking about it, this may be the reason we se UFOs and alien-like creatures when we have never met them for real. The aliens are treating us the exact same way as we're treating these tribes! :p

we worry what dissease we could give them, for all we know they could give us somthing just as bad, like ebolia but more awful.

Thinking about it, this may be the reason we se UFOs and alien-like creatures when we have never met them for real. The aliens are treating us the exact same way as we're treating these tribes! :p

I was thinking the same thing just this morning. How would we like it though if aliens came to us and basically told us that we are one of the few life sustaining planets in the milky way galaxy that has not already developed inter stelar(sp) transportation and isn't part of this whole alliance of planets and they gave us a whole load of their technology. Sure, perhaps us tech smart people would be able to cope but the governments and such would have to quickly make new laws about it, many people wouldn't be able to cope with all this new stuff. Everything as we know it would be pretty much useless. Many people would die of diseases the aliens brought here. Airports would be exchanged for space ports and people would leave for other planets. Aliens would come an live here or just visit among us. Many companies would die (including all the gaming companies most likely) because the alien's technology would be so much better. School curriculums would need to be completely changed in a hurry. Everyone would be trying to learn new alien languages so we could go visit other planets. Everything would just be a mess. There would be all kinds of prejudice between us and the aliens. Although, we would get some pretty sweet technology out of it...so its all good.

Except that's completely incomparable.

It would change our lives completely. And the aliens would do it, because they wanted to help us make it to the age of 120 easier.

It would change our lives completely, at a grander scale, but it would.

We're talking about a 10 people tribe, not 6 billion human civilization. They have a shaman and a plantation, rest of the world has parliaments and economies. And the alien disease idea is so War of the Worlds it makes me cry.

Sign in to follow this