NEurope
SupaFry

Australia's going to the World Cup!

Australia has just beaten Uruguay in a penalty shoot out to qualify for next years soccer world cup.

This is only the second time Australia has qualified, the previous was 32 years ago.

This is one of the biggest moments in Australia’s sporting history.

With the result the whole country will be soccer mad for the next few days.

FOOTBALL!! i saw this just a second ago. Get on the Aussies. i hope england get them in their group. then it will be the ashes as well as a world cup defeat to add to the scrap book.

FOOTBALL!! i saw this just a second ago. Get on the Aussies. i hope england get them in their group. then it will be the ashes as well as a world cup defeat to add to the scrap book.

No. Australia will get our revenge for the ashes defeat.

Seriously is it likely England can beat Australia in sport two years in a row.

Australia would have no chance against us. Fact.

God you english people have memories like a fish, N IRELAND anyone, fact is being as cocky as you are, like most english will only see you fail AGAIN, you will never win the world cup and australia could quite easily beat you, and i would love it if they did.

God you english people have memories like a fish, N IRELAND anyone, fact is being as cocky as you are, like most english will only see you fail AGAIN, you will never win the world cup and australia could quite easily beat you, and i would love it if they did.

in football anyone can beat anyone else. however i seriously doubt it. england have lost to australia in FOOTBALL once already. not going to happen again any time soon.

Talking of memories.. its always the defeats that people remember. We've only lost a few times under Sven. People forget that, people forget the magnificent victories over teams like Croatia (Euro 2005) and Denmark (World Cup 2002).

We lose one match and automatically it makes us a bad team? I think not, we have a great chance next year. Shame Scotland weren't going 'cos I sure would love to see us thrash you.

Talking of memories.. its always the defeats that people remember. We've only lost a few times under Sven. People forget that, people forget the magnificent victories over teams like Croatia (Euro 2005) and Denmark (World Cup 2002).

We lose one match and automatically it makes us a bad team? I think not, we have a great chance next year. Shame Scotland weren't going 'cos I sure would love to see us thrash you.

How often do England thrash us? not very often, you have beaten us but not thrased us. My point is not about only the defeats, it s about how the english are so cocky and believe they are better than others, which is of course not true. You will do what you have done in every major tounament since 66, flatter to decieve as usual, never living up to what is expected of them.

How often do England thrash us? not very often, you have beaten us but not thrased us. My point is not about only the defeats, it s about how the english are so cocky and believe they are better than others, which is of course not true. You will do what you have done in every major tounament since 66, flatter to decieve as usual, never living up to what is expected of them.

at least we are there.

at least we are there.

Ouch, that really hurt, id rather not be there then make a fool of oursleves as you do every competition, for a nation of 60 odd million you are crap. Though your fans are good at causing fights and almost getting you thrown out of tournaments, perhaps they will do it this time and save you the embarrasment of not winning again.

Ouch, that really hurt, id rather not be there then make a fool of oursleves as you do every competition, for a nation of 60 odd million you are crap. Though your fans are good at causing fights and almost getting you thrown out of tournaments, perhaps they will do it this time and save you the embarrasment of not winning again.

the fan thing is semi-fair. i do not agree with the violence that follows football. but i also think that the england fans are not the worst. Turkey???

i feel england is unfairly punished when other countries get away with it.

the fan thing is semi-fair. i do not agree with the violence that follows football. but i also think that the england fans are not the worst. Turkey???

i feel england is unfairly punished when other countries get away with it.

England has by far the worst hooligansim in the game, turkey are bad, but i wouldnt say as bad as ebgland, as scots on the other hand are some of the best fans in the world, ho, ho :awesome:

English fans are far more well known for violence in other countries, they organise them selfs in groups just so they can go make disturbances during big events instead of watching football. Although in Euro2004 they didn't make such a big fuss, which means they're getting better :P

So getting into the finals of a major tournament makes you look a fool but not even qualifying looks great?

So getting into the finals of a major tournament makes you look a fool but not even qualifying looks great?

When did i say not qualifying looks great? I never said that, I just hate the way the english are so cocky, obviously i would like to see scotland in there, but with our resources its not going to happen any time soon.

If Australia wins even one game at the world cup I will eat my shoe.

You know australia could easily beat one of the african or Asian sides. it depends upon which group they are drawn. do you like salt with your shoe main course sir?

If Australia wins even one game at the world cup I will eat my shoe.

I think your being a bit dramatic, Australia are a good side and will win at least one game.

hmm, enough Australia bashing :/ I actually like Australians.

its cool they are in the world cup, and I'd like England to meet up with Australia, simply because I think (and hope) it would be a nice atmosphere.

Though your fans are good at causing fights and almost getting you thrown out of tournaments.

They aren't fans. They are a good argument for

1)cutting off government benefits and allowances (particularly the dole)

2)moving to a different country

3)investigate eugenics

they're shameful.

Even the good fans aren't particularly great. I mean, take Irish fans, When they beat England, they weren't happy England had been beaten, they were happy their team had won. Ok I'm sure being England made it a bit better, but it makes a big difference

If the players attitude are as positive as you who knows they may win the world cup. :indeed:

Maby not.

But look at what South Korea did last time, they made the Semi finals. So there is a chance.

True ... but there is also a chance of me forgetting i need oxygen and forgetting to breathe but anyway i cant wait for the world cup. :awesome:

Well done to Australia!

A suggestion.. perhaps people whose national side hasn't qualified shouldn't post in here? That way we can just all post nice things wishing each other luck.

Well seing as hey got their asses kicked at cricket they need a break, maybe the country is going to change sports