NEurope

Just tried the demo. It's DMC4 (which I found rather dull) with a woman. That's about all I have to say. Is the demo completely different to the rest of the game to get those scores?

What you have said there is literally the same as me saying "Halo is basically the same as Doom but with space marines".

DMC4 was dull compared to almost every other game in the genre. It's like basing the entirety of the Zelda series by only playing Zelda 2.

Do you, and pretty much everyone in this thread that moans about this game, know what you want from this game and the genre it belongs in?

Just tried the demo. It's DMC4 (which I found rather dull) with a woman. That's about all I have to say. Is the demo completely different to the rest of the game to get those scores?

I had exactly the same feeling. I'm assuming the game must be far above and beyond the demo, which whilst enjoyable didn't indicate to me that it deserved so many perfect 10s. I'm still going to pick it up, I think it'll be a blast :)

Do you, and pretty much everyone in this thread that moans about this game, know what you want from this game and the genre it belongs in?

I'd like a fun, varied combat system like the (new) Ninja Gaiden games

I'd like a fun, varied combat system like the (new) Ninja Gaiden games

Ok. Then you WILL get that with Bayonetta, because the combat system is factually better than the superb Ninja Gaiden.

The Bayonetta combat system factually feels exactly like Devil May Cry 4, which I didn't enjoy.

The Bayonetta combat system factually feels exactly like Devil May Cry 4, which I didn't enjoy.

They feel factually exactly like DMC4 in a sense that they use buttons, dual analogs.. basically a joypad.

First of all, educate yourself by playing through DMC1 and 3. There is a reason why no one talks about DMC4 because it's dumbed down. Devil May Cry 4 isn't made by Kamiya, who is the daddy.

Now as if you don't already know, Bayonetta is from the pioneer of the Devil May Cry "formula". It is the best game of this genre, by a country mile. For those who still don't get why it's getting rave reviews, this is the reason. Push aside the subjective things like the style or story, or even the music, since there will always be debates about that. This is about the gameplay. And the gameplay is undisputed.

Bayonetta's combat system is a mixture of the best of Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry. With many many many improvements.

You have an assortment of weapons to choose from.. Just like Ninja Gaiden

You can charge up every single attack.. Even better than Ninja Gaiden

You can cancel every single attack you do with a dodge at anytime.. Not like Ninja Gaiden.

You have complete control over how you play the game. The combat system is more polished than a brand new car. There is no fault. If you die, it is your fault. You are rewarded with Witch Time when you dodge an attack, in which you become a bit more powerful, and will certainly come in useful to the more tougher enemies. The game is easy to get into. It rewards skill. In Ninja Gaiden the enemies are incredibly aggressive, and you have to be defensive and offensive at the same time.

Bayonetta is more in the school of DMC, where the object is to dispatch enemies in the most stylish of ways, and this is where you are rewarded. Let's not forget that you can create the most longest, stylish and extravagant looking combos ever in a game.

Could you give your final option on the full game than only from a demo Cube?

The people who have played the game give it great reviews.

IGN Reviews

360 version:

8.0 Presentation

Incredible style mixes with a fantastic backstory. Mildly hampered by low-budget filmstrip cutscenes and a loose plot.

9.0 Graphics

Bayonetta is an extremely good-looking game, both in terms of its art design and visuals.

9.0 Sound

Irresistible mix of upbeat jazz with intensely serious choirs. Voice acting is a bit campy but still extremely enjoyable.

9.5 Gameplay

Bayonetta has one of the best combat systems I've ever experienced. Fluid, fun and unique.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

Bayonetta was designed for multiple playthroughs. Chapters can be replayed at any time upon completion and there's plenty to unlock and purchase even after you've beaten the game.

Incredible OVERALL

PS3 version:

4.5 Presentation

Bayonetta has a great sense of style, but the constant load times are simply horrendous.

7.5 Graphics

A good-looking game, but there's a lot of slowdown to be found in the PS3 version.

9.0 Sound

Irresistible mix of upbeat jazz with intensely serious choirs. Voice acting is a bit campy but still extremely enjoyable.

8.5 Gameplay

Bayonetta has one of the best combat systems I've ever experienced. Too bad the technical issues get in the way of the player's enjoyment.

9.0 Lasting Appeal

This game was designed for multiple playthroughs. Chapters can be replayed at any time upon completion and there's plenty to unlock and purchase even after you've beaten the game.

Impressive OVERALL

IGN UK

360 version:

9.5 Presentation

Bayonetta's loading screen itself is a marvel, prepping players with a training arena that's almost as fun as the game itself.

9.0 Graphics

A cacophony of colour, Bayonetta comes perilously close to being complete sensual overload - and can sometimes prove a little too much for the 360 to handle.

9.5 Sound

It's got Magical Sound Shower in it.

10 Gameplay

Bayonetta is a giddy joy to play, its combat fluid, rewarding and deep and its campaign throwing a cavalcade of challenges to the player.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

Online leaderboards provide a longterm pull, and the game itself doesn't reveal its true genius until subsequent playthroughs.

Incredible OVERALL

1UP

So sure, if you look hard enough you can pick at occasional cobwebs from the Devil May Cry school of design, but really, this is as good as action games get. It controls like a dream, is extremely well balanced (not terribly difficult on Normal and incredibly challenging on Hard), has tons of variety, features great retro game references, contains tons of unlockables and challenges to keep you busy after you finish the story, and when it comes down to it, is the best game Sega has published in years.

After extensive time with PS3 and 360 copies of Bayonetta, I decided to score the 360 version higher than the PS3 game due to crisper visuals, a smoother framerate, and shorter loading times. Content-wise, the two are essentially the same.

360 version: A

PS3 version: A-

Gameradar

It’s an almost flawless exhibition of gaming greatness, which can effortlessly make even the most ham-fisted of gamers feel like they’ve got elite skills. Bayonetta is already an early contender for GOTY for 2010.

10/10

Edited by Dante

What's the point of the demo if it doesn't demonstrate the full game?

They feel factually exactly like DMC4 in a sense that they use buttons, dual analogs.. basically a joypad.

"They"? I'm only talking about Bayonetta. Dante's Inferno (based on the demo), Ninja Gaiden and presumably God of War (based on comments on how similar DI is to it) all feel completely different to DMC4.

Perhaps for someone who plays lots of these games, Bayonetta may be great, but for me it doesn't feel all that great.

Why would I buy the full game if I didn't like the demo?

What's the point of the demo if it doesn't demonstrate the full game?

The demos give you the half of the taste of games and sometimes don't show much of the game like the Brutal Legend issue.

Why would I buy the full game if I didn't like the demo?

I didn't say that you have buy the game but you could try out the full game in the stores and the demo doesn't sell the game unlike the reviewers are getting from the full game.

*Looks at screenshots*

*Looks at the people making it*

*Listens to music*

*Plays demo*

Umm...why is everyone not hyped up for this game again? (Besides Dante of course you is a little too excited ;) )

Somehow I keep playing this demo almost everyday. I'm sold on the music alone. Just love those Jazzy ballads.

I just pre-ordered this (a bit late, I know), right now it's only £34.95 at shopto.

I just pre-ordered this (a bit late, I know), right now it's only £34.95 at shopto.

Same here! I just stuck a pre-order in for shopto. Couldn't think of anything else i wanted for my b day today (already got borderlands from my gf and res evil DC for wii from my sis) so i just asked if my mum would buy me that since it's out the end of the week. :grin:

Don't know about anyone else on here but my pre-order for Bayonetta is still showing up as a pre-order and has not even been processed yet!

I googled the issue and ppl have been saying the snow is really bad near ShopTo and no-one can get through to them on their phone lines etc. Apparantly other companies such as Zavvi have been dispatching though. Think i will cancel my order with ShopTo and just see if any of the local supermarkets have it in.

I took 15 minutes waiting on the phone this morning to find out why my next day delivery order is 15 days late. People are there at the moment, but it seems like they may close early as the phones where off at 4pm yesterday.

Does anyone know if they Bay special edition can be brought anywhere. Want that soundtrack CD.

Yeah I was thinking of cancelling and ordering with GAME, they would probably ship it today if I do it now....

Edit: Did that, knocked a fiver's worth of reward points, plus quidco, pretty much the same price. Now I'm just wishing I'd gone with them sooner while they were still doing the tacky plastic guns!

I took 15 minutes waiting on the phone this morning to find out why my next day delivery order is 15 days late. People are there at the moment, but it seems like they may close early as the phones where off at 4pm yesterday.

Does anyone know if they Bay special edition can be brought anywhere. Want that soundtrack CD.

You ordered from ShopTo right? Play.com have the special edition with that soundtrack for £39.99

Edited by Shorty

Nah I decided not to order with shopto because of my current undelivered item. Turns out I'm getting a refund. And they only do the collectors edition for the PS3 it seems :(

game said mine was dispatched yesterday, no post has arrived today, obviosuly the rest of the countries problems are affecting us, as the north east isnt to bad for snow right now.

hopefully it'l turn up tommorow.

My flipping god... This game is simply AMAZING, I've never experienced a game like this. Yeah sure it's like Devil May Cry, but boy the persona around this game is so over the top and wonderful.

The combat system is the best I have ever got my hands on, you have so many options to play with and they all seem worthwhile to use. I just got hold of the Panther ability and the Bat ability (which is great for dodging enemies, as you get hit you press the trigger at the right time and it splits you into bats to dodge the damage)

Ignore the demo and just buy the god damn game, it's so much more than what the demo could ever show to you.

This game will probably arrive tomorrow and my PS3 is still not back from sony. Darksiders will also probably arrive....sad times ahead :( Want to play this sooooo badly.

I'm pretty sure this is the only worthy thing to buy up to the end of February (when Heavy Rain is out) so I'm actually tempted. I know I've slated it up to this point but I'm pretty damn interested, and may decide to do a playthrough and give a proper verdict. Shame I watched the GT review though, which has a ton of spoilers like usual, but before watching it I was convinced I wouldn't bother to pick it up so I didn't think it mattered at the time.

I'm pretty sure this is the only worthy thing to buy up to the end of February (when Heavy Rain is out) so I'm actually tempted.
Dude. Mass Effect 2.

Oh right, you don't have a 360.

In that case, Bioshock 2.