NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Magic The Gathering

I've been semi-tempted by one of the recent sets, mainly because I love da Ancient Egyptian mythology and the pictures look pretty. but resisted. Sold all my Pokémon cards bar one deck and some promos.

Now focusing on the Final Fantasy TCG. Still coming along nicely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've been semi-tempted by one of the recent sets, mainly because I love da Ancient Egyptian mythology and the pictures look pretty. but resisted. Sold all my Pokémon cards bar one deck and some promos.

You mean this?

Alas, I couldn't resist. :D

With all those Magic Cards from 1994 - 2007 or so sorted, plus some boosters from 2012 - 2016 I decided to go bang up to date with a whole booster box plus a bundle with the intention of building a deck from them. 

Not going to be buying any more cards for a while now though... I hope. :p

@GenericAperson, not going to spam the other thread, so I'll continue here.. I may have more to say, but for now, read this:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/beyond-basics/how-build-mana-curve-2017-05-18

I didn't name a specific card, but with cheap direct damage spell I meant something 1-drop. Things look different in Gatherer.. Did the formats rotate? I haven't kept up with the news. I think it was simply shock, but I've seen other cards that could be interesting in your deck. But shock is simple. You can get rid of cheap creatures, but more importantly, you also have the option to ping your opponent while simultaneously feeding those spitfires.

And yes, those drakes are a good addition, this is indirectly also why you need shocks, eventhough they don't do much damage on their own. They're so cheap you can easily fill your graveyard with them, so they synergize with those drakes as well. I wouldn't put 4 of those drakes in your deck no, gut feeling tells me 2.

Maybe you'd like this one as well.

https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=452942

There were a few others that were interesting.

Edited by Sméagol

I was looking at Niv-Mizzet Parun as a potential boss monster to replace one of the existing boss monsters in the deck but the problem is my definition of "budget" is quite tight knit and I rarely pay over a pound when buying an individual card.

I have however finally acquired a new spell lineup for my deck.

Four of these

Image result for Shock mtg m20

Four of these

Image result for Lightning strike mtg

Two of these for additional removal or to take back any boss creatures that get stolen by Thief of Sanity since that is a creature that is played as part of a deck that one of my friends own:

Image result for unsummon mtg m20

Finally, I threw a couple of these into the deck as removal protection or as an option to allow my Shocks and Lightning Strikes to go off.

Image result for negate mtg m20

So that's a much cheaper spell lineup which makes it easier to churn out spells, potentially using more in a turn and load the graveyard for a strong Crackling Drake. That being said, in testing on Arena the deck can have some good games, but it can also have some bad games if I'm drawing too much of one land colour and only seeing creatures, so there is plenty of room for improvement. If only there were cards coming out in the next set that could make this deck bet...

Image result for Irencrag Feat

Image result for Irencrag Feat

Oh.