NEurope
The Lillster

Official N-Europe Share Trading Game

So you didn't get the idea off of me?

No :heh: I got the idea from Noodleman and Mundi. :awesome:

No :heh: I got the idea from Noodleman and Mundi. :awesome:

Why you gotta rat us out :Þ

This game should make portfolios private.

No problem, I'll change it to private.

Edit: You can set it to private, but I think you have to it manually.

This is why I think $1k is too small. The commission, makes it kinda hard to just bail out of losing stock.

This is why I think $1k is too small. The commission, makes it kinda hard to just bail out of losing stock.

How much should I increase it by, I don't want to increase it too much?

Edit: I won't be able to change it now, when the new game starts, i'll change it to a price everyone is happy with.

Hmmm, pretty up and down first day. Why did I decide investing in American sustainable electricity was a good idea?

._.

I want to play :D

Sorry mate, but this game has started now, and no more people can register.

I'm sure there will be another game though, this game ends in about a month.

So come back then. :smile:

Annoyingly... i forgot to do mine last night. Shit.

When does the stock exchange open again today? Can i buy shares now and get results when they open?

I think if you do them now they'll just sit as pending on your profile and get processed when the exchange reopens, whenever that may be.

Well, i just plunged all my money into three companies XD.

We'll see how this goes. Its currently 5:29am and the markets open at 9am afaik.

Also, remember when it's open, there's about half an hour delay before your trades get processed, it's annoying as shit, and can lose you megabucks.

They open at 2. I should make some cash today. Exxon ftw.

Just bought 1 share in google due to them being ridiculously expensive. $587 it cost me so it better be worth it.

Gah. I've got all my equity in an non-ferrous metals investment corp now. I hope it continues it's recent upwards trend.

My mistake, it opens at 2:30 BST.

The commission is far, far too high for the starting cash. It needs to be something like $1 for every $1,000 you start with, not $10

I can't wait to see how much money i lose today :p

I'd be in favour of simply upping the start amount to about $2-3K. It makes the minimum $2 share value more workable too, allowing for more diverse portfolio's to start the game with.

I'd be in favour of simply upping the start amount to about $2-3K. It makes the minimum $2 share value more workable too, allowing for more diverse portfolio's to start the game with.

At the 15 day mark (half way), would you and others be up for a second game being started (by me) with said changes to allow for more flexibility?

Well, good day so far. Been watching my stocks slowly tumbling to oblivion. US Geothermal is the only lot that are actually getting me anywhere.

Edit: Oh yes! Google just did bit of a jump up. Come on the search engine.

I am getting a little bit too into this.

I'd be up for starting again. Consider this a tutorial. The game rules are obviously a little off as well. When one person is in the red they're bad, when the majority is, it's the game.

OH CHRIST.

My shares in Exxon are dropping faster than a whores knickers. They've already lost $4 in value in the last half hour. WHY?!

Some of mine just went up by $30, dropped, went back, dropped, and went back to $30, so I sold them at that.

I tried investing in the larger companies that lost yesterday - namely, Wal-mart and Hewlett Packard. I'm loosing something like $3, so I'm hoping for a rallying.