N-Europe

Is it just me?

Dog-amoto

...or is the main page of N-Europe not working? I'm having some computer troubles at the moment and I haven't noticed any other threads saying that the main site is down, so don't know if it's the site or my computer.

I can only see the banner and it's been like that for the past few days.

EDIT.

D'oh! I just noticed this thread

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20771

Weird that two of us are having the same problem, sounds like a hard drive problem which I seem to be having at the moment. Will pm the other guy, feel free to lock this, sorry!!

Guest Jordan

Working fine here... its possible your computer isn't rendering the page past the banner. Which is strange.

I'm using Safari.

But at the moment, my mac is having hard drive troubles (something called a kernel panic, whatever that is)

It's weird how quite a few of us seem to be having this problem, could be worth keeping this thread open after all.

EDIT.

Ok, just tried to get on there using Firefox which works fine, and also used my gf's mac (with no hard drive issues) on Safari and it doesn't work on that.

Sounds like Safari is having troubles getting on the site, which it never used to do. Maybe the eggheads behind this site can shed some light on the situation?

Guest Jordan

Okay... so, we need to find a common reason.

Firstly, Safari obviously renders different from IE or FireFox. It appears to load the page but get balls up on the news script we use.

Findings: N-Europe hates Mac browsers. Hehe.

Firstly, Safari obviously renders different from IE or FireFox. It appears to load the page but get balls up on the news script we use.

LOL. Have you changed anything on the site recently? I've been using Safari to get on cube/revo/n-europe for the past 3 years.

There's an advert just below the main banner, maybe that's doing you some kind of misfortune? I wouldn't know, because I use the immensely superior Firefox and haven't seen an advert for about 3 years, but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be one there.

We also have flash banners, but they should run with flash player 9, and shouldn't prevent the page from loading if you don't have it.

It's worth noting that although I say 'we', I have nothing to do with the running of the site, and asking a higher up green-name would be more helpful ;)

Hmm, I'm using Firefox on my Mac (Don't worry I'm not gonna get preachy, BUT THEY JUST WORK haha sorry) and it works poifectly. Good ol' firefox. Therefore N-Europe :heart: my mac's browser.

Guest Jordan

You see, i wasn't messing around.

Sufari seems to have a strange issue? Any updates to it recently? Anything anyone?

I'm also on a Mac using Safari and having this problem. First the site was going really slow on Friday night, then only the banner (and sometimes the mini-boxes) has been loading since. But don't fret peeps, I contacted Tom about this a few days ago and it should be fixed soon with a bit of luck.

And yes, it's the advertisements stopping Safari from loading the page; check the Activity window and it shows you that certain ads are giving Safari users a bad server response.

I'm using Safari.

But at the moment, my mac is having hard drive troubles (something called a kernel panic, whatever that is)

It's weird how quite a few of us seem to be having this problem, could be worth keeping this thread open after all.

EDIT.

Ok, just tried to get on there using Firefox which works fine, and also used my gf's mac (with no hard drive issues) on Safari and it doesn't work on that.

Sounds like Safari is having troubles getting on the site, which it never used to do. Maybe the eggheads behind this site can shed some light on the situation?

That surely can't be!

I love this site even more now.

That surely can't be!

I love this site even more now.

I know, it sucks. But it's nearly three years old and Apple are still going to fix it for me as it's a hardware problem and not a software one. I wonder how many problems I'd have had with a three year old Windows machine...

...list would be endless!!