N-Europe

Prince of Persia

Dan_Dare

just finished it and thoroughly enjoyed it, it is indeed a great ending also.

Yay another fan.

I got the special edition. Its nice. Its a box basically with scratch card, a dvd and a booklet. Not bad. Would prefer the DVD to be a Blu Ray though. Nice one.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who thinks this game is truly awful?

I bought it based on great reviews and the fact that I loved Sands of Time and I think it's one of the most turgid, repetitive steaming piles of shit I've ever had spinning in my disc tray. So far, the game has been - go somewhere, climb a tower, fight a boss, thrash the Y button, collect light seeds, lather, rinse repeat. The fighting is horrendous, a real step back from Sands of Time.

It's now become a real chore to explore the worlds. I actually half enjoyed the game when I first switched it on, but I feel the same way about it than I do with Assassin's Creed.

I was going to smash it up and then set all the pieces on fire. But then I realised that trading it in would be a better idea.

Yeah combat is not good. The game does have its issues but i liked it for what it was. It was easy.

The game is not very replayable though. The trophies are not worth it imo.

But its an excellent experience your first time round. Its simple and easy. Its very presentation orientated (like every Ubi game) but it works better here than their other games. Problemis for a free roamer you dont feel like going back much.

After defeating one of the corrupted I need 1 more Light seed to unlock the next plate thing. I know where there are about 8 of them but I cannot see anyway of getting to them.

2 of them are near the top of a pillar which wall climbing won't make me reach and I can't see any other way of getting them. I don't understand.

After defeating one of the corrupted I need 1 more Light seed to unlock the next plate thing. I know where there are about 8 of them but I cannot see anyway of getting to them.

2 of them are near the top of a pillar which wall climbing won't make me reach and I can't see any other way of getting them. I don't understand.

You need the plates to be working. e.g some areas need red plates.

• 4 weeks later...

Prince of Persia DLC is up on XBLA now, currently downloading it

Contents

New explorable area called "The Underground Palace,

New Skins where you can use the early Prince and Elika models,

A new Elika power,

More cunning enemies etc.

Cost: 800 points

Currently got this on rent. I'm enjoying it but I'm just not finding much motivation to play it.

Yeah i loved it first time but something about it just really grabbed me for some reason! Now i dont know if i should get the dlc or tophies...

Currently got this on rent. I'm enjoying it but I'm just not finding much motivation to play it.

I see it as a relaxation game a bit like Noby Noby Boy, something consequence-free and untaxing that helps me unwind.

As for the DLC, I'd recommend people hold off in the hope of a price cut. The content isn't bad but I do think it's overpriced, especially as it doesn't really extend the ending much; the Epilogue is really more of an interlude as it lacks any sense of closure.

Yeah i loved it first time but something about it just really grabbed me for some reason! Now i dont know if i should get the dlc or tophies...

Yeah, I enjoy it when I'm playing it. I'm just never thinking I really want to play it. I never look forward to it but it is fun when I am playing it.

I see it as a relaxation game a bit like Noby Noby Boy, something consequence-free and untaxing that helps me unwind.

Definitely. I played it while watching the football last week. That was awesome.

If I need to unwind I try and avoid looking at a screen and it isn't engaging enough by itself but, like I said, it is enjoyable when I'm actually playing it.

Weird, I know. :heh:

I've really got into this now. I'm over half of the way through. I'd love to see them keep the whole style and gameplay for another game.

I love the dialogue but it's a bit annoying always having to stop to talk. It would be nice if they mixed it up a bit more. That's a minor thing really.

Maybe if the story was a little...less grand (if you get what I mean), that would be awesome.

I got back into this the other day, half way through now to be fair. Got 2 of the 4 powers available. Just need to conquer the first big boss now, already cleared many areas from the darkness. Need to go back and get the lightballs to make up enough for the next power(s)

• 4 months later...

ok, bit of a bump, just finnished the dlc the outher day. my views

ok, well, i guess the story hasnt progressed to much, elika is still annoyed with the prince and goes off to find her people, arhman is still at large, and the prince is in a bit of a tight spot. guess it leaves us open for a sequel, which id be happy to see

all in all, it was a tad disserpointing, but still fun.