Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

New Diplomacy game starting

Dan_Dare

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to find the guy who designed this and punch him!

Was gonna convoy an army into enemy territory and had another unit support him after the round I get this message:

"Your fleet at North Sea's move support wasn't accepted by the unit which support was being given to."

It didn't even tell me why he couldn't support I just got a "just because"

What's a support move and support hold?

:blank:

You didn't read the rules, did you?

A support move is supporting by on unit of another's move into another area. It's how you invade defended areas, basically.

Support hold is helping a unit defend it's area - basically, if an attacker's move is supported, a support hold essentially nullifies the support.

Oh, and if a unit giving support of any kind is attacked, it has to concentrate on defending itself and can't support that turn.

basically, you need a 2:1 numbers advantage to take a defended province, so if 2 of your units are next to an enemy held area, you give one the order to move in to the square, and then give the 2nd a support order. The 2nd stays where it is but the attack is now at double strength so you'll win the space.

Support hold is basically the same thing but backwards. Two of your units can be given the order to defend a single spot so that any attack has to be 3:2 to succeed.

man, your post was much better. haha.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!