Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but er isn;t the wii movement done by the sensor bar?

No i really think this has nothing to do with the controller. Red steel worked fine in split screen and STILL remains the wiis best fps split screen experience and im pissed off with that.

Err.. yeah.

That's the exact thing. Since the console uses a sensor bar, which doesen't change size (a telescopic version would be better IMO) with the TV, the movements become quite illogical on some TV's. I have a 21" TV, so when I move the cursor to the far left or right of the screen, my Wiimote actually points outside the screen.

Splitscreen multiplayer worked and was quite appreciated in the N64 days, and since the GC lacked both online and sensible LAN (Yay, TWO first party games used it before the functionality was forgotten, whoopie f***ing doo), we Nintendo fans made do with it even then. All Wii games with multiplayer should have compulsory single console multiplayer, untill Nintendo create a propper means of mid game communications.

That's because you think you're pointing to the screen with thw wiimote, when you're not. Like I said, mind tricks. But mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

What are you a Jedi now? But one persuaded by cash...means you are one with the dark side! :shakehead

What are you a Jedi now? But one persuaded by cash...means you are one with the dark side! :shakehead

The Force can be very profiteable.

That's the exact problem. The next gen Wii should have true pointing contols.

Yes, so if someone is playing with a small tv then, they really won't be able to play. Not too wise.

Reggie: "Introducing N2-Wii2, the successor to the Wii with 1080p HD graphics, a fully integrated online system with voice chat and usernames, and-" *brief pause for massive revelation on screen behind him* "BEHOLD, TRUE POINTER CONTROLS!"

Reggie: "Introducing N2-Wii2, the successor to the Wii with 1080p HD graphics, a fully integrated online system with voice chat and usernames, and-" *brief pause for massive revelation on screen behind him* "BEHOLD, TRUE POINTER CONTROLS!"
To be followed up by Nintendo's third Wii console...

"C-Wii-PO, with continued TPC [True Pointer Controls], and" *brief pause for massive revelation on screen behind him* "NINTENDO-ON, VR HEADSET!"

EG-20050704-844052316327252.jpg

Sorry man, but no, if there's anything it's just psychological, the movements are the same regardless of tv size.
Maybe so, but even if it's psychological, it is something. A small movement has a small effect on a small screen, but has more effect on a big screen.

Maybe so, but even if it's psychological, it is something. A small movement has a small effect on a small screen, but has more effect on a big screen.

If it's psychological the problem is with the user, once you acknowledge that it shoud... ah fuck it lol

Anyone discounting a purchase of The Conduit because it does not have offline multiplayer is being really, really shortsighted and really rather quite stoopid- especially at this stage. The simple fact is, if The Conduit turns out to be a Triple A title, one of Wii's finest games, truly dedicated to a more traditional gamer, you're not going to pass it up because it doesn't have offline multiplayer.

Anyone discounting a purchase of The Conduit because it does not have offline multiplayer is being really, really shortsighted and really rather quite stoopid- especially at this stage. The simple fact is, if The Conduit turns out to be a Triple A title, one of Wii's finest games, truly dedicated to a more traditional gamer, you're not going to pass it up because it doesn't have offline multiplayer.

yes that sounds about right.

Sorry but it IS a big deal to me.

If it's psychological the problem is with the user, once you acknowledge that it shoud... ah fuck it lol
You my friend, got owned :yay:

Srsly though, I want this game to be good, but I want more developers buying the engine, actually. I have my doubts about the creative skills of this developer.

You my friend, got owned :yay:

Srsly though, I want this game to be good, but I want more developers buying the engine, actually. I have my doubts about the creative skills of this developer.

No I didn't I just realised it's pointless to keep explaining that if it's psychological, it isn't a problem at all and it's your perception that makes it as one.

No I didn't I just realised it's pointless to keep explaining that if it's psychological, it isn't a problem at all and it's your perception that makes it as one.
Seriously, dude, the problem is that it might not work. Even if the reasons behind that are psychological, it's still a problem. But come on now.

Anyway, I hope the online mode is any good. The lack of split screen is a bit meh, but yeah, hopefully the game's still worth it.

Seriously, dude, the problem is that it might not work. Even if the reasons behind that are psychological, it's still a problem. But come on now.

That doesn't make sense!

AAAAAAGH!

It works, there are games that use the IR with split screen and it works perfectly, there's no problem at all! *bangs head against wall*

Anyway, I hope the online mode is any good. The lack of split screen is a bit meh, but yeah, hopefully the game's still worth it.

I had a lot of fun playing red steel in multiplayer and fun playing timesplitters in split screen in the day. It still works and always will.

We used to play these split screen games back on tiny screen tvs back in the day why should it be any different so we have massive hd tvs?

and now you are admitting it is psychological.........

I'm not attacking you Split screen has definetly been thrown aside over the years but THAT certainly isn't the reason.. It's been sidelined in games for other consoles as well.

the size of the screen is like 4 four year old arguing to be honest.

the size of the screen is like 4 four year old arguing to be honest.
To be fair I don't see how this discussion about nothing has grown to earn me personal insults, but whatever. I'm just taking a different view, as I've noticed the problem for a small bit (read my first post), and was just adding to the discussion. I really do want splitscreen in the game, and I was speculating about their reasons to leave it out. Sheesh.

To be fair I don't see how this discussion about nothing has grown to earn me personal insults, but whatever. I'm just taking a different view, as I've noticed the problem for a small bit (read my first post), and was just adding to the discussion. I really do want splitscreen in the game, and I was speculating about their reasons to leave it out. Sheesh.

I think you deserve the insults to be honest, this is serious business. Now go make me a sandwich.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!