Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil 4 looked AWFUL just from screens, yet in motion it was awesome (incredible infact). I'm sorry but you can't really judge it by screens.

... You didn't read my other post and my response to Emasher, did you?

I already said in my other posts, I didn't complained about the image quality of the screenshots, or its lack of technical prowess; I said I found the art style generic. That as nothing to with screens vs. motion.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Slightly low-quality) GC TRAILER

I really think they should change those blood effects, they look like shit. Looks like a cloud of red smoke to mine eyes. They could at least use something similar to the headshot effect in Counter Strike, which I always thought looks ace. Blood stains on walls would also be nice. And this is not about being "teh mature", it's just that good blood effects (together with good physics) help you feel the impact, they help you feel like you are actually hitting something solid and making some damage.

Full customization is standard in PC gaming since forever, I think it's a welcome thing in console gaming and I only ask why isn't it done more often? Surely it's not hard on the processor or something.

Even PC games aren't this customizable, unless you go to a console.

*watches*

Ok, the Wii is indeed > PS2.

Even the GC > PS2, seriously, is this news? :P

Even PC games aren't this customizable, unless you go to a console.

They clearly are - even in standard options. Although once you do go to a console the customization at your finger tips is as near to complete as you could possibly get. You see the big deal with PC FPS is adequate mouse sensitivity/filter/lag settings and options to make the aiming feel right. Finally devs are getting the message that this level of customization is also needed in Wii games to get the IR feeling right.

They clearly are - even in standard options. Although once you do go to a console the customization at your finger tips is as near to complete as you could possibly get. You see the big deal with PC FPS is adequate mouse sensitivity/filter/lag settings and options to make the aiming feel right. Finally devs are getting the message that this level of customization is also needed in Wii games to get the IR feeling right.

I don't remember many PC games having (but I've played so many PC games, obviously I might've missed something, but it's not common) customization to the running speed the turning speed or the angle. It's usually what, inverting the axis and turning speed? Like I said, the rest is all in console.

I don't remember many PC games having (but I've played so many PC games, obviously I might've missed something, but it's not common) customization to the running speed the turning speed or the angle. It's usually what, inverting the axis and turning speed? Like I said, the rest is all in console.

Turning speed translate it mouse sensitivity and mouse acceleration really but it is complete control of what speed the mouse moves in the same way that The Conduit offers complete control of how the IR moves. So in those regards they're equal.

Running speed is something that you simply cannot change in most PC games, without a hack/cheat, as it would give an unfair advantage online. That's not a lack of cutomization though - that's providing an even playing field. That said many games have walk and run functions to give two variable speeds. I think in The Conduits case when it comes to online MP running speed will be standardized or everyone will just use max.

The more I see of this the more hyped I get! I'm really getting into MOHH2 online at the mo, would love to see if this is as good. The only thing, it's just 16 player, whereas MOHH2 is 32. Still, I believe that MOHH2 is the biggest number online for next gen consoles?

TBH unless the stages are really big 16 is generally enough players I find. I guess it depends on the mode and how much health you have ect. I just hope they don't screw the online up.

Have you got MOHH2? Play 32 player, the Village, Capture the Flag WOW! Now you're in a war. I was watching the Match on X-League TV the other night, it was COD4, looked awesome, but only 4 on 4? Still ace - and before the angry people come in I'm not saying MOHH2 is better than COD4 - but not as epic as the big 16 vs 16!

Have you got MOHH2? Play 32 player, the Village, Capture the Flag WOW! Now you're in a war. I was watching the Match on X-League TV the other night, it was COD4, looked awesome, but only 4 on 4? Still ace - and before the angry people come in I'm not saying MOHH2 is better than COD4 - but not as epic as the big 16 vs 16!

I'm not sure you understant competitive gaming, i.e. esports which is what X-League is. 16 vs 16 has absolutely zero chance of ever being trated seriously - it's too chaotic, too random with that many people. COD4 is normally played 5v5 so the 4v4 thing must be how the Xbox guys do it but the massive esports are always played with small teams. CS is 5v5, UT/Quake and stuff are normally 1v1, maybe 2v2 and even TF2 is only 6v6. Much more skill involved with these smaller teams and proper tactics.

I'm not sure you understant competitive gaming, i.e. esports which is what X-League is. 16 vs 16 has absolutely zero chance of ever being trated seriously - it's too chaotic, too random with that many people. COD4 is normally played 5v5 so the 4v4 thing must be how the Xbox guys do it but the massive esports are always played with small teams. CS is 5v5, UT/Quake and stuff are normally 1v1, maybe 2v2 and even TF2 is only 6v6. Much more skill involved with these smaller teams and proper tactics.

Its not that we don't understand, its more that we'd rather play a game that we find fun. More players can make FPS games more fun for just the average hardcore gamer. But they still need to balance it right. I've played matches in online FPS games where you got fragged as soon as you re-spawned because it was just too crowded. Large groups can also be better to create a balance between Newer players and experienced players, if its just a few people you could more easily have a bunch of newer players facing a bunch of experienced players, and that doesn't really work out that well.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!