N-Europe

Soul Eater: Monotone Princess (Square-Enix)

pedrocasilva

Anounced in the latest Famitsu, Soul Eater, a manga recently turned into a anime (started airing this week aparently) will have a videogame adaptation, handled by Square-Enix no less... And exclusive to the Wii.

The original story consists of shinigami students whoose partners can transform into guns. To be a full shinigami they'll have to train their guns, and eat 99 souls plus a witch soul.

It's speculated that it is a Action game with RPG elements rather than a pure RPG.

No aditional details, be it gameplay, or release information is available.

Scan:

All games coming to the Wii (and not simultaneously for PS2 as well) are good and all BUT... Cut the crap Square-Enix we want big budget, likely to be released overseas and ambitious games that are not anime adaptations, and even if this is important for Japan, hardly means anything for us, if it ever gets here; other consoles didn't have to prove themselves so... give us the goods, not secondary support.

Oh crap, this was a surprise. Shame you can't really see anything from the scans. I agree with you Pedro, where the hell is that FF game that you had in the works?!
Crystal Bearers?

That's not enough anymore, Wii is the new DS, PS3 is... erm... PSP.

they're getting FFXIII and we're getting spin-off's, anime tie-ins and inevitably lower cost titles (even "that" FF)

Square needs to step up and do their stuff, using their preferential teams and big budget.

I surely hope they already are, but I can't look at this and not stumble upon that.

Guest Maase

Its curious, i saw the first episode of Soul Eater shortly ago

Its a fun Anime, the idea is very good, if this comes out in Europe (1 in a million chance, and im still expecting One Piece: Unlimited Adventure), then, maybe i'l buy it :)

Guest Maase

Why? LOOOOOOOOL

Square Enix is the one who broadcasts Soul Eater, they will receive big money by doing this thing on Japan, i don't even believe it will sell here, but damnit, the game looks good as hell :)

I would love to play with Soul, the guy freaking rulls :D

And the graphics are equal to the Anime and the Manga, im loving it more and more :D

And the graphics are equal to the Anime and the Manga, im loving it more and more :D
Ermm... dude, the 3D graphics are looking to be crap. rounded circles as shadows, gouraud shading on enemies instead of being textured, empty sceneries... Nothing to be proud of on the Wii.

We expect and deserve way better things to come; not this.

Guest Maase

Im saying the style is equal to the Anime, i don't care if the graphics are bad technically, and that's not why i bought a Wii, if i wanted big graphics, i would buy a PS3 :\

Im saying the style is equal to the Anime, i don't care if the graphics are bad technically, and that's not why i bought a Wii, if i wanted big graphics, i would buy a PS3 :\
No excuse for subpar efforts though, being condescending with them is part of the problem.

Being Wii the less powerful, it needs more effort, like PS2 had on select titles and select third party's to push the system further. But this? doesn't even push the system beyond PS2 boundaries; something the GC could do with one hand tied, let alone Wii.

Is this game going to see the light out of japan? Graphically it seems to suck big time :S

I mean, why the hell doesn't Square-Enix bets big money on the wii?

I think it's the team and budget, probably the Full Metal Alchemist Square-Enix team (anime tie-in's team); they chose the Wii due to convenience but also due to the fact that they're kinda subpar graphically and would have to have new talented and trained members for next gen standards; or even better than "average-ps2" hence... they went for the Wii; and the fact Wii is the best selling home console in Japan helped of course.

Wouldn't be that bad if Square-Enix had like 10 other high budget games coming (like they had on PS2), but right this, I want to show them my middle finger.

Ermm... dude, the 3D graphics are looking to be crap. rounded circles as shadows, gouraud shading on enemies instead of being textured, empty sceneries... Nothing to be proud of on the Wii.

We expect and deserve way better things to come; not this.

It actually shocking they can get away with it.

To be honest, I quite like the looks even if they're not much of a technical achievement. When's this game out? They can add real-time shadows and lively backgrounds in the future, if this is still in alpha stages then it's not really much of a big deal. The battle effects are quite nice.

To be honest, I quite like the looks even if they're not much of a technical achievement. When's this game out? They can add real-time shadows and lively backgrounds in the future, if this is still in alpha stages then it's not really much of a big deal. The battle effects are quite nice.

Do you not think they're taking the piss when you see something like that.

s05.jpg

Ridiculous.

Guest Maase

Bah, im glad to say that i really don't care :\

It doesn't matter if the shadow is a circle, for god's sake, the only thing that matters is that the Ambient is in there, as a matter of fact, that was the whole point of the graphics in the beginning of the recent generations, but everything was screwed up big time, i don't know why....

Anyway, if you don't like it... Then why the hell are you here talking about it? :\

I think that he resembles Soul Eater very well, and that's the only thing he needs, what where you expecting in an Anime game? MotorStorm graphics? :\

Its just a shame to me that the battle system is not in normal J-RPG, i hate this type of battle system in RPG games :'(

Bah, im glad to say that i really don't care :\

It doesn't matter if the shadow is a circle, for god's sake, the only thing that matters is that the Ambient is in there, as a matter of fact, that was the whole point of the graphics in the beginning of the recent generations, but everything was screwed up big time, i don't know why....

Anyway, if you don't like it... Then why the hell are you here talking about it? :\

I think that he resembles Soul Eater very well, and that's the only thing he needs, what where you expecting in an Anime game? MotorStorm graphics? :\

Its just a shame to me that the battle system is not in normal J-RPG, i hate this type of battle system in RPG games :'(

Im talking about it because If you just sit back don't complain and pretend that this kind of lazy development is OK, then we'll continue seeing crap like this.

I don't expect Motorstorm graphics obviously, but I do expect that Wii games should be easily distinguishable from PSP ones.

Guest Maase

Bah, this graphics fetish in the recent gameplayers makes me dizzy

Does it really matter if the graphics are bad? As long as the game is fluid and very good?

I guess im a minority (something like that), but i say "No", and the rest of you say "YES!!!!!!!", but it still makes me dizzy

To me, as long as the ambient expected is accomplished, the graphics are 100%

Pedro, why post a new thread about a game just to be cynical about it?

Show a little faith! :P

I won't show it, as I'm not condescending. This said when I started the thread I only had that scan that I couldn't make anything out of; and it's a Square-Enix game, for the good and for the bad, deserves a thread.

I'm not thrilled at all for it though.

• 2 months later...