NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish

Doctor Who

I surpose this could be the OFFICIAL topic if you want...

News---

Cyberman Revealed

One of the doctor's oldest nemesi, the Cybermen, will be returning in the second series, and they have been given a funky new make over:

newcyberman.jpg

Producer, Phil Collinson says:

‘The villainous Cybermen are as much a part of Doctor Who heritage as the Daleks and so it’s a huge personal thrill to see them back. I hope that the evil silver giants will terrify a whole new generation of viewers as they confront the tenth Time Lord.’

Children In Need Special

On the Children In Need, there will be a 5 minute "official" episode of Dr. Who set directly after the last episode of the first series. That is next Friday.

---

I loved this show, so if you have anything to say about this go on, do it!

Is Captain Jack going to be in season 2? I heard he would be, but now he's got his own spin-off so meh.

I know I'll probably find myself watching the second series, but it is sometimes cringingly kiddie (ie. those farting aliens).

Billy Piper has quit. They are currently looking for a new gal.

Third series has also allready been commisioned.

rokhed-ure harsh man!!!! doctor who is great drama.wot makes it so bad for u??????

No, I'm not. I love Doctor Who, but not this new shit that's being pushed using the name. Even Peter Davisons Doctor was better than Eccleston.

No, I'm not. I love Doctor Who, but not this new shit that's being pushed using the name. Even Peter Davisons Doctor was better than Eccleston.

but to try to watch the old ones now, well thats quite shit.

and i liked them back in the day, but ther still quite shit.

its not too bad the new one. they could have done a lot worse, but they should still kill billy piper, in the most horiffic and brutal way possible.

that might make it slightly better.

but at least i dont have to hear her sing any more :hehe:

but to try to watch the old ones now, well thats quite shit.

I still prefer them to the new shit.

I always watch the old ones on UK Gold on the early morning weekends.

The costumes are ridiculous, the scenery is wobbly and the special effects are shit, but that's the way it's meant to be.

I always watch the old ones on UK Gold on the early morning weekends.

The costumes are ridiculous, the scenery is wobbly and the special effects are shit, but that's the way it's meant to be.

actually rokhed i agree with you there! There is something about the classic series that makes it great. But i think that people should just take the new series as it is. It is different than the old series because it has to be different. but yeah i kinda agree!(lol kinda was an old episode wasn't it-gosh i'm sad)

The new series was fantastic. The trailer for the first Dalek episode was brilliantly done, especially the bit at the end where you see the eyes flash slowly and hear it go "DOOOOOOOC... TORRRRRRRR?".

Anyway, I like the new design for the Cybermen. Looks like Bryan Hitch's design for Ultimate Iron Man.

I really enjoyed the new series, which was the first Doctor Who I'd ever watched. I've since tried to watch some of the old episodes on UK Gold and just ended up getting bored. I can't wait for the new series, although I'm not sure I like the new Cybermen design - I prefer their old, more featureless faces.

Sign in to follow this