N-Europe

Dawn of War II

gaggle64

i dont understand why this game hasnt got more hype, best rts out there in my opinion. Probly a little biased being a 40k fan anyway.

I'm with you there. Few outside the immediate Warhammer fraternity seem to know about it, but it's easily one of the best RTS's made in the last decade.

• 3 months later...

I bought the Dawn of War boxset thingy with all the expansions last week, it should arrive tomorrow. I've played the main DOW previously but none of the expansions, it satisfies my inner geek no end. The 2nd one looks the shit but I have no doubt my PC would melt just looking at the DVD let alone trying to run it.

Guest Jordan

So essentially, what we're getting is Dawn of War 1 with nicer graphics?

I mean, they are only including the three factions? No new units/factions not seen in previous games?

not that I know of.

I'd like to see them try sub factions. In the case of marines, Blood Angels would get their beserker marines and dark angels would have Deathwing (super elite) Terminators. Chaos could have different units for the 4 chaos gods. stuff like that. I'm not sure what Eldar would get but the guard have hundreds of thousands of worlds, most of which have their own tactics and such. I'm sure they could do a few of those.

they already have those, too. Killer Kans.

I remember reading a review of the original DoW in an issue of PC Gamer I purchased at random some time back, and if memory serves, Killer Kans eat Marines, don't they?

I've thought about getting the original + expansions for a while, I just have doubts over my laptop's capabilities...