NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kirkatronics

Did you know..

What was it all about?

It started talking about China and India then about computer devleopment.

Still some nice facts in there. The one that annoyed me was the one about information. "It is estimated that 40 exabytes (4.0 x 10^19) of unique information will be generated worldwide this year." What exactly is this supposed to mean? An infinite amount of "information is constantly being generated.

What was it all about?

It started talking about China and India then about computer devleopment.

Still some nice facts in there. The one that annoyed me was the one about information. "It is estimated that 40 exabytes (4.0 x 10^19) of unique information will be generated worldwide this year." What exactly is this supposed to mean? An infinite amount of "information is constantly being generated.

Yeah, infinate information which will be outdated within 72 hours...

No courses/qualifications will be good enough within 3 days...

Yeah, infinate information which will be outdated within 72 hours...

No courses/qualifications will be good enough within 3 days...

But that video gave an actual value for the amount of information. But there is an infinite amount of information being generated every second, millisecond, nanosecond etc.

Beside those predictions can't possibly become true (IMO). How can qualifications become outdated in 3 days? Technology needs to be developed by somebody. The only way that could happen is if AI was invented/designed and computers were running the earth.

89.4% of statistics are made up on the spot

Most retarded, ironic and hypocritical statistic ever. (although you may have posted it as a joke.)

But that video gave an actual value for the amount of information. But there is an infinite amount of information being generated every second, millisecond, nanosecond etc.

Beside those predictions can't possibly become true (IMO). How can qualifications become outdated in 3 days? Technology needs to be developed by somebody. The only way that could happen is if AI was invented/designed and computers were running the earth.

Most retarded, ironic and hypocritical statistic ever. (although you may have posted it as a joke.)

AI already learns on its own, and at an amazing rate. When the computers get smart enough to make them seves more efficient constantly that number will go up aswell.

AI already learns on its own, and at an amazing rate. When the computers get smart enough to make them seves more efficient constantly that number will go up aswell.

Even so that would make human's obsolete as they wouldn't even be advanced enough to use this software. So either we would become a lower class being and/or slaves to machines. Or a war would break out. But with more of our best weapons computerised we would most likely lose.

We better start storing some pinches.

I sure did! It's one of my favourite statistics

Even so that would make human's obsolete as they wouldn't even be advanced enough to use this software. So either we would become a lower class being and/or slaves to machines. Or a war would break out. But with more of our best weapons computerised we would most likely lose.

Hey, that would make a great movie!

Hey, that would make a great movie!

I know. Sometimes I can't believe the original thoughts that I have.

I know. Sometimes I can't believe the origional thoughts that I have.

Bugger, you just immortalized my typo.

Bugger, you just immortalized my typo.

Actually I failed to notice. But you've done the same to mine.

there's a difference between "learn" and "discover". AI doesn't learn any more than what you programme it to, right?

Lol, mutual edit and delete?

Mutual edit it is.

there's a difference between "learn" and "discover". AI doesn't learn any more than what you programme it to, right?

No. If it is true AI then it will be able to learn like we do. As far as I know AI isn't anywhere near that advanced at the moment.

Ah, sorry all I was trying to point out was that Warandchaos saying that we already have AI that does that, when we don't.

Sort of on topic... I have a friend who studies cybernetics and artificial intelligence, and he believes we'll integrate technology into ourselves before the machines ever have a chance to rise...

They minght not need users, automation, which we have been striving to create.

Computers don't have the urge to irradicate obselete software/hardware, its us, so they most likely will NEVER reach that stage.

They minght not need users, automation, which we have been striving to create.

Computers don't have the urge to irradicate obselete software/hardware, its us, so they most likely will NEVER reach that stage.

That was my point though. If they can operate themselves and think for themselves then they won't need us. Would you be a slave to a different species? Nevermind one that is lower than you.

If AI gets to a stage where it surpasses the human brain then we haven't to worry. If computers/AI starts to run off anything other than electricity then we're screwed.

Until that day comes then we always have an EMP. Sure it would stop everything electrical but better safe than sorry.

So why the worry that if they do surpass us they'll make us slaves?

If AI gets to a stage where it surpasses the human brain then we haven't to worry. If computers/AI starts to run off anything other than electricity then we're screwed.

Until that day comes then we always have an EMP. Sure it would stop everything electrical but better safe than sorry.

Well if they did surpass us and could think for themselves they certainly wouldn't do our bidding. Which is the reason I said we need to start storing some pinches.

If an EMP were to not work, we could use on on the methods to create an EMP as a weapon - that is, nuclear weapons...

However, I doubt anything, machine on not, would be unaffected by a bullet of shotgun shell.

I took everything in that presentation with a pinch of salt as soon as I saw 'England' under a picture of the Union Jack.

Edit: Lol I think you guys have been watching too much Matrix/BSG/Sci-Fi in general.

the thing that amuses me is the idea that machines will somehow rise up and kill and enslave us all.

this is only possible if we give them factories, bodies and the knowledge, on purpose, on how to achieve all that. Not to mention a cause to do so.

I love Cameron movies too, but it's not going to happen.

Sign in to follow this