N-Europe

Runescape!

nightwolf

Doesnt ruin it for anyone though. I didnt auto or anything to get that money. Someone wanted to buy money so i sold him it. Hows that ruining the game?

It does take some of the fun out of the game for the people who aquire the gold, it doesnt afect people unless it was made by hordes of bots.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've not been reading the front pages of the past few months, they've been putting stuff into the game to make it harder.

A classic example is the trading system, they changed it so people can't exchange large amounts of money when people buy rs gold with real money.

So it restricts everyone who plays by the rules.

You've not been reading the front pages of the past few months, they've been putting stuff into the game to make it harder.

A classic example is the trading system, they changed it so people can't exchange large amounts of money when people buy rs gold with real money.

Davey_T knows about the updates, we've discussed them and how bad they for both legit and non-legit players.

It does and that's my point if it wasn't for the fact we needed ''protecting'' from rule breakers we wouldn't have such baby protection.

Its annoying, the game was good even a year ago and not many were effected by rule breakers bar maybe merchants.

It does and that's my point if it wasn't for the fact we needed ''protecting'' from rule breakers we wouldn't have such baby protection.

Its annoying, the game was good even a year ago and not many were effected by rule breakers bar maybe merchants.

It only takes a bit of care tonot get scammed really, i got scammed once by a friend who who made 100k gp, into 1004 gp.

I only didn't check the screens becuse i trusted them.

They did a shitty half job of implementing it though, it's like...they had a brilliant idea, but did it in the most ridiculous way possible. I actually just started playing again last sunday after like a 6 month hiatus(when my internet broke), cos of an old clan comp thing that happens every year, so this was like proper timing! Shame the actual thread for it is so dead, I also never realised how many people here had played it at some point or another!

Having said that, it is like the disowned RPG child of the internet, alot of people know of it and just disregard it, though I half hate it too, I half love it as well, it's strangely addictive for me. I think it's generally down to the 'bad graphics, bad game' mentality that some people have.

(I dunno if 8 days counts as a bump btw, if it does, then apologies, but I've not been around, saw this thread and couldn't resist!)

They seem to go from good update then to compensate for everyone liking it the update the week after is pants.

Like this week, going on about the gloves and everyone was like FANTASTIC! only to find the are only worth using for f2pers, because they don't affect higher runes...pssh.

The only reason I'll be going to that fist of guthix game would be to unlock the song.

I totally agree! The only ones which look useful(from what i've heard, not actually looked at rs since like monday), would be the air ones, assuming air running/crafting is still a possibility under the new trade system.

One thing I used to love about Runescape was pondering its economy though, I dunno how much other RPGs are like RS(i find it fairly unique) but the implication of things upon the economy and the way prices changed used to be fascinating! Of course, it's all changed now due to their whole balanced trading and grand exchange. Hopefully they'll up/remove the limits after a while.

I totally agree! The only ones which look useful(from what i've heard, not actually looked at rs since like monday), would be the air ones, assuming air running/crafting is still a possibility under the new trade system.

One thing I used to love about Runescape was pondering its economy though, I dunno how much other RPGs are like RS(i find it fairly unique) but the implication of things upon the economy and the way prices changed used to be fascinating! Of course, it's all changed now due to their whole balanced trading and grand exchange. Hopefully they'll up/remove the limits after a while.

I can remember playing a while back, before the BAD updates. It was much more fun =[

It's possible, just use the grand exchange, I have to admit the ge has made skilling that little bit easier.

But then it's annoying that you have no control over the pricing, it'd be so much better if you could input your own price for it!

I think he means how you could go one place in the morning and see someone selling something at 3k, then at night it could be back at 500gp each. This was especially true after big updates like construction.

Yeah, the market was much free-er before, I used to tend to do big buys and sells through fansite forums, and there was a general consensus on prices(though you could often make a few bob or very small loss with it cos of the wider range, and nothing to tie you to a certain price); they fluctuated in line with things too.

Now though, with the GE, it isn't exactly like that, because despite what they say about not being forced to use it, you ARE, because of the balanced trading(plus its pitiful limit) and it being tied to GE prices, shop selling prices too are tied to it(though the shops still buy off players for the old prices, hardly fair imo). On top of that, the GE doesn't fluctuate the same as things did before, and there are price ceilings and floors in place for certain(possibly all) items too.

Beyond all that, I can't help but think Jagex probably fiddle prices for certain things to their own ends, how would you know if they were or not? There's also things like lootshare/coinshare, where items will always sell at the lowest possible price in the GE, even though it could easily sell at the highest. Ususally items like that are the new, incredibly expensive items, such as godsword parts. If you consider these can be worth like 20-40m+, and the price will range 10%/5% either side of the average, that can be a good few million that's easily lost through it. They argue it's for the convienience of it, it's only an inconvienience because of their epic rapage of the game. I'd never sacrifice even a million for the sake of the effort of finding a buyer for an item.

Also what really pissed me off, as a clan we can't do prizes for events anymore because the trade limit is so pitifully crap.

Yeah, the market was much free-er before, I used to tend to do big buys and sells through fansite forums, and there was a general consensus on prices(though you could often make a few bob or very small loss with it cos of the wider range, and nothing to tie you to a certain price); they fluctuated in line with things too.

Now though, with the GE, it isn't exactly like that, because despite what they say about not being forced to use it, you ARE, because of the balanced trading(plus its pitiful limit) and it being tied to GE prices, shop selling prices too are tied to it(though the shops still buy off players for the old prices, hardly fair imo). On top of that, the GE doesn't fluctuate the same as things did before, and there are price ceilings and floors in place for certain(possibly all) items too.

Beyond all that, I can't help but think Jagex probably fiddle prices for certain things to their own ends, how would you know if they were or not? There's also things like lootshare/coinshare, where items will always sell at the lowest possible price in the GE, even though it could easily sell at the highest. Ususally items like that are the new, incredibly expensive items, such as godsword parts. If you consider these can be worth like 20-40m+, and the price will range 10%/5% either side of the average, that can be a good few million that's easily lost through it. They argue it's for the convienience of it, it's only an inconvienience because of their epic rapage of the game. I'd never sacrifice even a million for the sake of the effort of finding a buyer for an item.

Also what really pissed me off, as a clan we can't do prizes for events anymore because the trade limit is so pitifully crap.

Do you know how much a guy in full barrows in lvl 30+wild would pay for an antipoison if he had only a few life left? they'd usually give you their plate for it :p

And if you time it right in the trade, you accept, get the plate, they drop dea, you get the rest too :)

Luring was fun :D

Lol, that's another thing that annoys me! The gravestones thing, you can't even have your friends pick up your stuff anymore, AND the gravestone dissappears if you log out, so if you end up lagging out, you're basically screwed. Though I didn't die alot, it was nice nabbing some random dead guy's stuff.

I loved this game when I was about 12 I think. My parents would never let me be a member though. Once I had completed all the quests but dragon slayer and just had to defeat the dragon to finish the quest I started to train my combat but I just got bored with it after a while and quit playing. It was a great game for what I was and I'd probably buy it if it came out on the DS or something as long as you could become a member via the pay and play service or something.

I loved this game when I was about 12 I think. My parents would never let me be a member though. Once I had completed all the quests but dragon slayer and just had to defeat the dragon to finish the quest I started to train my combat but I just got bored with it after a while and quit playing. It was a great game for what I was and I'd probably buy it if it came out on the DS or something as long as you could become a member via the pay and play service or something.

if it was like the old game I do reckon that the ds idea would have been quite good! :)

• 2 weeks later...