N-Europe

Vegetarianism

Domo Kun

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are hypocrites if they eat their boyfriends meat.

I hope for the boyfriends sake their meat stick doesn't actually get chewed and eaten..:shakehead

I think the real question is, would anyone ever eat human?

i would if it was a matter of survival ^^'

Babyback riiiibs

Garr there is one pet peeve I have with the whole "be kind to animals" movement and that my friends is the "hippy chefs".

Jamie%20Oliver.jpg

Basically a cross between a hippy and a chef. Like in jamie's program about the chickensm, they say they are trying to stop the cruel ways of getting chicken on our plate but frankly they havent really thought it through.

The reason why people buy the 2 for £5 chickens is that as a country most of the customers are just poor. So instead of pleading and begging to the coutry that to pay the extra 4 quid for the better chicken is "worth" it, They should be looking for a way to reduce the cost of the "better" chickens.

Because simply they cant afford it and they dont need 24hr spammage by the other chefs on tv aswell to tell them something that just isnt a consideration.

Im a vegetarian, well I eat fish. So I suppose im not a true veggie. It started as a bet between me and my girlfriend to see who could go without meat for the longest amount of time. Since not eating meat I kinda have become more aware of where meat comes from, and it's put me off meat, I don't find it appetising anymore.

The only thing im struggling with atm, is finding sandwich filler, I have cheese / tuna. Apart from Quorn ham etc. What veggie options do people make in their sarnies?

________

Chevrolet laguna

Edited by fex

The reason why people buy the 2 for £5 chickens is that as a country most of the customers are just poor. So instead of pleading and begging to the coutry that to pay the extra 4 quid for the better chicken is "worth" it, They should be looking for a way to reduce the cost of the "better" chickens.

Organic chicken is reasonably priced, though. It might seem expensive in comparison to battery hens, but that's an unrealistic way of looking at things as those birds don't represent a sustainable business.

With your "2 for £5" chickens the farmer will see, what, 50-75p per bird? And that isn't even profit, so their actual cut is even smaller. However, in the current climate these meagre takings are what British farmers are putting up with in order to compete with cheap imports. The super markets have producers by the balls, and chefs raising awareness is a good way of loosening their grip.

The reason why people buy the 2 for ?5 chickens is that as a country most of the customers are just poor. So instead of pleading and begging to the coutry that to pay the extra 4 quid for the better chicken is "worth" it, They should be looking for a way to reduce the cost of the "better" chickens.

Or cheap chickens should be removed from the market and supermarkets should only sell the 'good' stuff, which will allow the prices to fall.

________

Big nipples

Edited by fex

The only thing im struggling with atm, is finding sandwich filler, I have cheese / tuna. Apart from Quorn ham etc. What veggie options do people make in their sarnies?

Cheese, mayonaise, spinach and spring onions

or

olives, humous, spring onion, spinach

Mmm :)

... most of my sandwiches contain spring onion and spinach...