NEurope
MoogleViper

FFVIII screen problem

Sorry if this is the wrong board but I wasn't sure where to put it.

Anyway I recently found my copy of FFVIII for the PC and I decided to play it again. However when I play it the picture is really crap.

ffviii.jpg

I thought it might be that my resolution is too high for the game (it's supposed to be 640x480 or something) so I changed my screen resolution to the lowest it would go (800x600) but it was still the same. I used to play it on the pc downstairs fine. But when I tried to play it on the same pc quite a while afterwards it did get some lines across the picture but nothing this bad and it was still playable. It is such an amazing game and I really want to be able to play it.

Can somebody please help me?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Is the game in the audio CD drive by accident?

Its almost 99.999% one of those problems in my personal experience.

Guys, please hit the report post button, then the relevant person will move it. Until then help him out with the problem (i can't move the thread, i'm powerless in Gen Chat :()

It's a graphics driver problem. There might be a patch to fix it, or it might simply not work with you're graphics card drivers. you could try downgrading them to an older version. Could also be OS related, which OS's are you using (on this comp and the old one)

Hopefully ban you as well. :D

:weep:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Is the game in the audio CD drive by accident?

Its almost 99.999% one of those problems in my personal experience.

I only have one drive.

my mate replayed it on his ps2. the image had problems, which he blaims on his hd telly.

try an old monitor?

Your graphics card drivers and all are up-to-date?

Could be the fact that the game was designed for an older operating system..

my mate replayed it on his ps2. the image had problems, which he blaims on his hd telly.

try an old monitor?

Your graphics card drivers and all are up-to-date?

Could be the fact that the game was designed for an older operating system..

It's probably something like this. Is there any software I could get like that Dosbot thingy you could use to play old games. (I used it to play C&C)

Tick the the box that says run this is a mode for and pick windows 98 if you can.

Tick the the box that says run this is a mode for and pick windows 98 if you can.

I did that and it wouldn't load at all.

The only advice I can give you is to search in google for: final fantasy 8 xp

Often someone created a little program that fixes quite a few of the issues; at least I got a few games to work that way.

Looks like the blend function isn't working properly. Like Konfucius says there is probably a fix somewhere.

I've got it working now. Thank you incredibly Aimless and everybody else that has helped.