N-Europe

Unpopular, hated tosspot comes back

navarre

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mooglevoper speaks reams of sense.

ive alwys been of the view that freedom of speach is good. if i think muslim law is stupid, i can say. if i think the hallocaust was exadurated (i dont think this at all), i can say. I hate the BNP. i think there a bunch of racist arseholes, but i support their right to share their views.

its down to the individual to dicide on their belifes. if a cartoon offends you. to bad. get a fucking life. if you threaten the artist with death, your kinda proving his point.

I don't really understand who you are aiming your comments at but I'm guessing it's me. I've never justified the death threats made to the artist, in fact i condemned them in an earlier post. I have also never suggested that people can't have their own opinions on things (actually that was the point I was trying to suggest to Fish, that he should allow Muslims to have their views and to repect that).

It's the suggested aggression towards the Muslim community that I find disturbing in this thread. Judgement and discrimination are rife without any understanding of context or bias.

Your both right, I was both drunk and dyslexic.

And my post was aimed at no one, i was merely expressing my opinion that the cartoon has been blown out of context.

to put it a little more clearly, the cartoon was freedom of speech/art/a joke. some Muslims went a bit mental over it, despite the fact it was just freedom of speech/art/a joke.

we make a lot of exceptions in the UK for Muslims, Alton towers for example had a special day were everything was changed to fit with the Muslim beliefs, women are allowed to wear burkas even though it makes them very difficult to identify. a recent shop robbery involved a man wearing a burka to disguise his identity.

and in Muslim faith schools, students are taught that Christians are pigs and Jews are monkeys. the superiority over non believers is taken as fact.

if our community is prepared to allow changes in our lifestyle to accommodate for the Islamic faith, even when it is offensive to us, perhaps they to must endure some changes.

this isn't out of hatred, or racism. i have friends of many ethnic backgrounds, some are Muslim. on the most part, i have no problem with Muslims, as long as they are willing to accept that our countries laws do not match their own (the majority are fully cool with this). the Muslim faith does, however, have allot of problems. a Muslim friend of mine became engaged to her boyfriend, her father was so enraged by this he threatened to "shoot" her. Surly this is wrong?

the cartoon was simple satire. id view it as the west's collective view of Islam. the artist was expressing an opinion, not even necessarily his own.