N-Europe

Zelda Online- Your ideas

darkjak

If this was possible I'd want Tingle's race, whatever the hell he is, playable.

You can choose a variety of clothing colours and facial features. And other things.

Right... Adding that to the list: Beardless garden gnome...

:awesome:

What did Phantom Hourglass have in common with the game I just explained?

Seemingly nothing, except perhaps the first four words in the title.

i dont think he was saying it was like your idea in any way, just showing how poor nintendo's last efforts to put zelda online were. showing rather a lack of skill at developing multiplayer zelda rather then dissaproval of your ideas

plus the thread is called "your ideas" not "my ideas"

the game you explained mite not have anything to do with how he sees a mmo zelda

i'm not convinced about nintendos on-line skills at all..they're unproven at best. this won't happen for a very long time if at all.

I can't even explain how it could work or not work..Unlike most people here i'm always open to change in a franchise.Zelda fans whine too much in general.

off-topic:pokemon mmo? well if nintendo are still convinced it still cant work 3d with the same mechanics essentialy on a console then why bother thinking about this.

It was my goal from the very beggining.

Simply because I don't want them to go that way with the franchise. I don't doubt it could turn out cool, but what makes Zelda Zelda is being Link and taking on the world yourself, I don't think an online Zelda would be a good idea. With that said, I doubt they'll make one anyway, they might make something like FSA or something and that would be cool, just as long as they don't go into the MMOterritory

Well before OOT there was The War....And that would be the perfect setting.

Does any one remember Zelda Tetra Trackers? Man that game was awesome and loads of fun and it would be great if it would hit the DS or online modes!

We had so mush fun in this game here at the office that we still play it occasionally!

It only came out in Japan in the end.

i dont think he was saying it was like your idea in any way, just showing how poor nintendo's last efforts to put zelda online were. showing rather a lack of skill at developing multiplayer zelda rather then dissaproval of your ideas

plus the thread is called "your ideas" not "my ideas"

the game you explained mite not have anything to do with how he sees a mmo zelda

He does realise that was a minigame right?

Like I've previously said, I don't want a classic MMO combat system. I want the 3D Zelda combat system...

Exactly...MMO battle systems = boredom

If this was possible I'd want Tingle's race, whatever the hell he is, playable.

You can choose a variety of clothing colours and facial features. And other things.

A 35 year old human in small green clothes.

What Dante said.

jup true and a sad thing that was... but still its mush fun!

I still REALLY don't get Nintendo's decision on that one.

i'm not convinced about nintendos on-line skills at all..they're unproven at best.

Same here. And as nintendo like being so tight fisted when it comes to letting 3rd parties do anything then the likelyhood of us getting some really good online games anytime soon is worryingly bad. All that we are going to get is AC and even that will be sparesely better than the DS one.

Thing is though, Nintendo are exploring online play. The time will come when Nintendo will rock our socks off.

*waits until hell freezes over*

Blind faith, the thing that unites terrorists and gamers alike! ¬_¬

*waits until hell freezes over*

Blind faith, the thing that unites terrorists and gamers alike! ¬_¬

And preciselly what makes you say that?

The Wii is the first Nintendo console EVER to have propper internet services. For Microsoft it's the second, plus that they've had plenty of time to learn with their Windows games. Sony had playstation two before allso making the PS3 THEIR second online console.

And Nintendo? They had some crappy sort of stock exchange program for the NES, another webbrowser for the N64, and a modem for the GC that only one team on the face of the planet cared of.

Nintendo's online services are all brilliant, except for actually playing over the web. But that will change.

And preciselly what makes you say that?

You pointed out why for me.

and a modem for the GC that only one team on the face of the planet cared of.

Nintendo didn't want to do online, so they didn't premote the Cube's modem and they still aren't fully committing to it now. They should be looking for a way to put online into almost everygame they make. 3rd parties are having trouble getting online put into their games and downloading stuff is slow, indicating that the servers are not handling everything properly. I can DL a demo which is measured in gigabytes on XBLA in less time than it takes to DL a sodding N64 game. Also my 360 doesn't crash or freeze when the connection is dropped.

Nintendo's online services are all brilliant, except for actually playing over the web. But that will change.

What evidence have you for change? And playing over the web is rubbish. We are only just getting a game apart from Strikers that it good fun online and SmashBros has online issues. Weather channels and tv-listing channels are great and all but I want my damn games using it first.

You pointed out why for me.

Nintendo didn't want to do online, so they didn't premote the Cube's modem and they still aren't fully committing to it now. They should be looking for a way to put online into almost everygame they make. 3rd parties are having trouble getting online put into their games and downloading stuff is slow, indicating that the servers are not handling everything properly. I can DL a demo which is measured in gigabytes on XBLA in less time than it takes to DL a sodding N64 game. Also my 360 doesn't crash or freeze when the connection is dropped.

What evidence have you for change? And playing over the web is rubbish. We are only just getting a game apart from Strikers that it good fun online and SmashBros has online issues. Weather channels and tv-listing channels are great and all but I want my damn games using it first.

Your Wii crashes when a connection is dropped? My doesent. Why should Nintendo make all their games online? Nintendo haven't released that many games that could have online (i.e, multiplayer games) since Strikers. The downloads aren't that slow for me either. I'm not sure what speeds you download XB-stuff, but the DL times on Wii is what I expect from a free service.

What evidence do you have that they won't? Like I said, the Wii is Nintendo's second console with online play. It's the first where Nintendo are actually putting some effort into it. Sure, the friend codes are awkward, but what the heck would you need them for in an MMO? You upload to one of maybe 10 servers, and that's it. Nintendo don't have chat in their own games yet, but it's easy to throw in. Just make the damn game compatible with USB keyboards.

So far, Nintendo have solved out issues like this, an Nintendo WILL solve this too. If we're unlucky, it won't be untill next gen, but they will.

What evidence do you have that they won't?

The fact that they have been doing a relatively poor job so far? The fact that it isn't getting all that better? The fact that all of the potential for online functionality on a system like the Wii is being squandered?

Sure, the friend codes are awkward, but what the heck would you need them for in an MMO? You upload to one of maybe 10 servers, and that's it. Nintendo don't have chat in their own games yet, but it's easy to throw in. Just make the damn game compatible with USB keyboards.

Friends Codes suck balls and are unnecessary on the Wii, plain and simple. All these little things that Nintendo have to do have been sitting in front of them for well over year now and have not been touched at all. They are being lazy about opening up the potential of the platform fully, especially to the 3rd parties.

So far, Nintendo have solved out issues like this, an Nintendo WILL solve this too. If we're unlucky, it won't be untill next gen, but they will.

Great, not until next gen possibly? Thats unacceptable. That means by the beginning of next gen Nintendo will be over a gen behind MS and Sony online wise. Nintendo are massively dropping the ball right now, there is no evidence to point to them changing that fact.

We could be bickering about this untill either Zelda Online gets released, or untill next gen. I just wonder how we got here? This is a thread where we discuss how we'd want an online Zelda game, preferrably MMO Zelda game to be IF it would be released. And guess what? You may be completely right that it won't happen, but it's still wrong to write it in this thread, because we're not AT ALL supposed to discuss the likellyhood of it happening.