N-Europe

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Caris

It was revealed last month that a Blu-ray disc wasn’t big enough to hold all languages for the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4. Since all previous Playstation 3 games have resorted to the more constricted 25GB Disc, it was unclear whether MGS4 was to stray from this trend.

Many presumed that Kojima decided to go with a 25gb Blu-ray disc to save on costs, but it was yesterday revealed in a Konami retailers meeting that the game is the biggest of the series, and will be presented on a 50GB disc.

It was revealed last month that a Blu-ray disc wasn’t big enough to hold all languages for the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4. Since all previous Playstation 3 games have resorted to the more constricted 25GB Disc, it was unclear whether MGS4 was to stray from this trend.

Many presumed that Kojima decided to go with a 25gb Blu-ray disc to save on costs, but it was yesterday revealed in a Konami retailers meeting that the game is the biggest of the series, and will be presented on a 50GB disc.

50 gb!? FIFTY!? Bloody bugger. Does anyone know how long this game is going to be?

Is this some kinda publicity stunt? I mean*, did they do something stupid like record the sound clips on a stupidly high quality file format that takes up loads more room than it needs to or something? Because think about it, take urm... for example metal gear 3 (could be any game really) and improve the graphics to the same level as MGS4, how many GB would that be? Surely not 50gb!?

You know, it wouldn't surprise me too much if they made the game longer this time. 30 hours or so maybe? I'd love to see the South America section of the game be another whole game in itself.

On another note, has anyone seen any sections of the S.America section of the game? I'm guessing it's either been scrapped and it'll all be in the Middle East or they have some sort of surprise up their sleeves...

*don't pounce on me computer wizzerz if that was very stupid pls kk.

Gameplay: 10-15 hours.

Cutscenes: 100+ hours

Just how I like my MGS games!

This game cant arrive soon enough and I cant wait to slap that bitch Eva The stupid cow dares to betray Naked Snake and expects to live? I think not!

Methinks I will avoid this thread as I dont wont to see/hear any spoilers. Thats probably why I enjoyed MGS3 the most as I never heard anything about the story.

I never really got into the MGS series unfortunately, only ever played MGS3 and I never even finished it. Will I be fine playing this without having played the first two, or should I try and track them down online?

Well the story is literally half the experience of the Metal Gear Solid games so I highly advise playing Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and then Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2 version).

Still if MGS3 wasn't for you then maybe the series as a whole isn't going to be your thing. Still they're all great games in their own rights.

Well the story is literally half the experience of the Metal Gear Solid games so I highly advise playing Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and then Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2 version).

Still if MGS3 wasn't for you then maybe the series as a whole isn't going to be your thing. Still they're all great games in their own rights.

lol

Play the original, not the shitty remake.

I never really got into the MGS series unfortunately, only ever played MGS3 and I never even finished it. Will I be fine playing this without having played the first two, or should I try and track them down online?

I'm in the same boat but I've heard that during cutscenes there is a "flashback" button, yeah Lost style :p, for people who can remember whats going on and for n00bs to the series like me.

SRSLY SRSLY!

GET the previous 3! Play the original original (i.e. not the twin snakes) if you can, but if you really must play Twin Snakes, remember the ***** who remade it tried to make it into a Matrix rip off which doesn't represent the fairly realistic fighting styles of the original games.

You can get MGS2 from bargin bins! My favourite game of all time, but most people didn't like it.

MGS3 is tricky in that the Subsistence version is hugely superior but also a lot more expensive. MGS3 Snake Eater is okay though.

AND PLAY THEM IN ORDER!

Can we make this thread wrapped spoliers only possibly?

SRSLY SRSLY!

GET the previous 3! Play the original original (i.e. not the twin snakes) if you can, but if you really must play Twin Snakes, remember the ***** who remade it tried to make it into a Matrix rip off which doesn't represent the fairly realistic fighting styles of the original games.

The cutscreens were developed in-house at Konami and directed by Japanese film director Ryuhei Kitamura. :blank:

Guest Stefkov

You know what would be really good. If Konami re-mastered/re-made the first 3 for PS3, all on one Blu-ray disc.

The back compat for the PS3 I was really looking forward to so I could buy the first 3 to play before this. But, oh well.