NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dazzybee

HELP. DVDS in PS3's

Right, I'm thinking of getting a PS3 and came round to my granddads (he has one) and took a good look at it; anyways, I noticed he has a seperate DVD player and I asked why because the PS3 plays DVD's and he said it didn't. Anyways I went round tpo prove him wrong and couldn't. I put a DVD in and it says DVD and then goes to 'no signal'.

If anyone can help immediately that would be great as I'm here for the next half an hour!

PLEASE HELP! HOW DO YOU (if at all you can) PLAY DVD'S!!?!?!

Argh!! :) So frustrating! Could it be the tele?

Blurays work fine I put a DVD in and 'no signal'. The PS3 kind of goes dead after that and I have to turn it off!! It's one of the first PS3's!!!

Damn, I'll keep trying!!!!

Played with lots of settings, updated the PS3 still no luck! It's definitely something with the signal - how does hdmi work with DVD's and different teles!!?

It was off originally, I then turned it on. Definitely not that!!! I really don't understand!! So frustrating!!

But how can it be the TV? Especially as the PS3 works fine and bluray DVD's are fine! It makes no sense! It's really making me think twice about getting one!!!

You might want to keep those exclamation marks on a tighter leash.

My PS3 (UK 60GB) plays DVDs fine. The only thing I can think to suggest is that you manually set the resolutions the PS3 will display as opposed to leaving it on Automatic. Depending on what your granddad's TV supports you'd want 576p, 720p/1080i and 1080p selected.

I believe the PS3 will only upscale regular DVDs over HDMI, so if his TV doesn't support 576p that could be the problem.

My PS3 plays DVDs and blue ray fine all the time, so does all my friends.

Could it be a faulty unit?

It's a pretty shit LG tele to be honest, 28" - think it only plays PS3 1080i. And where can you change what display it supports? I'm sure I couldn't find one that lists all of them like that AIMLESS. Really annoying, it seems like it could be the tele, but i can't rationalise why it would be.

It's a pretty shit LG tele to be honest, 28" - think it only plays PS3 1080i. And where can you change what display it supports? I'm sure I couldn't find one that lists all of them like that AIMLESS. Really annoying, it seems like it could be the tele, but i can't rationalise why it would be.

Nout wrong with it only supporting 1080i! Thats all mine can do, lol.

Okay, found a site that has solved the problem I think, it sounds like it's an LG make of tele and loads of people had the same problem; it sounds a bit faffy but can't wait to try it!!!

The reason is the tele. Have to change the display settings on the PS3, really annoying but VERY common problem, especially with LG teles!

Sign in to follow this