NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
McPhee

T In The Park

phew

Just managed to get a weekend camping ticket, can't believe that. I was having problems with my card so I just managed to enter my mum's before the 2 minutes 30 seconds were up.

Its going to be so good!!!!!

Im gutted, my mates were all like "it won't sell out, we'll get tickets nearer the time." They never listen, every year it sells out within an hour :rolleyes:

Ah well, i'll just have to hope i can swing some tickets nearer the time. If not i'll go to Reading/Leeds and just see REM on tour.

there is usually some on sale about a week before the event anyway, even in these last 2 years when it's been selling out on the first day

there is usually some on sale about a week before the event anyway, even in these last 2 years when it's been selling out on the first day

Yeah, and you can also get them for facevalue on the Ticketmaster marketplace or whatever its called so you still have a chance if you don't have them yet.

Just keep your eyes peeled on ticketmaster everyday and you should get some.

Update!

If you go to the T In The Park website there are details on it as to how you can acces the campsite from the Thursday!

And, loads of new bands have been announced to play!!! Newton Faulker, The Hoosiers, Sugababes, Kate Nash amongst others! I'm really hyped for this now. :)

I've got a day ticket to see Rage, me and a friend are driving up, but I've noticed car parking tickets work out around ?20, which for one day is outragous. Do I defo need to car parking ticket? Is there any way to get on site parking any cheaper?

________

Vaporizer Review

Edited by fex

I've got a day ticket to see Rage, me and a friend are driving up, but I've noticed car parking tickets work out around £20, which for one day is outragous. Do I defo need to car parking ticket? Is there any way to get on site parking any cheaper?

There are buses going from Glasgow, so you could find somewhere cheap to park there and get the bus which would work out a lot cheaper.

2 weeks to go!

TINTHEPARKTIMETABLE-4.jpg

And there's the tenatative timetable/clashfinder.

Gutted that Stereophonics and Feeder are on at the same time. :(

And RATM and Kaiser Chiefs.

Have you all got your Tickets yet? I ordered two Saturday tickets from See as soon as they went on sale and haven't received them yet.

And only a week ago I ordered a car parking ticket from Ticketmaster and that has arrived already.

What are you doing See? Has anyone received their tickets from See yet?

________

IPAD GUIDE

Edited by fex

I've received my Weekend Camping ticket and the Thursday Camping ticket though it was from Ticketmaster.

The thing is I'm not that excited for it, god damn those Bjork rumours....

got my Tickets delivered on the 24th, again from Ticektmaster though

Haven't got my tickets as of yet. Going to phone up tomorrow if they don't arrive then. I know quite a few people who have got theirs from Ticketmaster already, but according to a site I found quite a few people haven't either. They're sending out 50,000+ tickets so I'm not that worried.

What time are you guys going to arrive on the Thursday do you reckon? NE meetup? :heh:

You know there's a fancy dress competition with the winners getting tickets for next year? My group are going in a Scrubs theme, getting our tent decorated too. :) So if you see a bunch of people wearing Scrubs, come and say hi!

I've received my Weekend Camping ticket and the Thursday Camping ticket though it was from Ticketmaster.

The thing is I'm not that excited for it, god damn those Bjork rumours....

Her entire tour has been mapped out..has been for about 5 months or something. After her Big Day Out experience, I dunno how keen she'll be to do TOO many festivals before the end of Volta.

Gutted that Stereophonics and Feeder are on at the same time. :(

And RATM and Kaiser Chiefs.

Who will you see?

I'd recommend Feeder and RATM. Kaisers are around EVERY year but chances to see RATM live are rare. Feeder are one of the best festival bands, you will not be disappointed! TBH Feeder beat most other bands i've ever seen live.

She has done/is doing quite a few festivals after BDO and the timeframe did match up with TITP. And the festivals were never mapped out from the start they were just added in when the actual festival updated their set lists.

Who will you see?

I'd recommend Feeder and RATM. Kaisers are around EVERY year but chances to see RATM live are rare. Feeder are one of the best festival bands, you will not be disappointed! TBH Feeder beat most other bands i've ever seen live.

Feeder definitely as I've seen Stereophonics before (who were, by the way, absolutely amazing and well worth a watch).

I probably will go to see Rage as the atmosphere is meant to be amazing, and they don't come around that often whereas the Kaiser Chiefs are always touring.

Think my Friday line-up is going to go:

Wombats, KT Tunstall, Feeder, The Verve

And then a few of the other bands which are on during the day. :)

Can't wait! :)

Friday will most likely be spent at King Tut's for me

Los Campesinos, The Music and The Futureheads :)

Saturday is all about Rage, which means I'll have to give up seeing The Raconteurs or Ben Folds if I wanna get down the front for Rage :(

so it'll prob be Lightspeed Champion, The Hold Steady, MGMT, Twilight Sad, Fratellis/Ben Folds or Raconteurs then Rage :)

Sunday might get in early for Bowling for Soup purely for some final day fun :)

My Morning Jacket is a must, then it'll be either Battles or Vampire Weekend, a first ever trip to Slam for some justice, then Kings of Leon and REM

too many damn clashes showing up for me at the moment!

Saturday is all about Rage, which means I'll have to give up seeing The Raconteurs or Ben Folds if I wanna get down the front for Rage :(

so it'll prob be Lightspeed Champion, The Hold Steady, MGMT, Twilight Sad, Fratellis/Ben Folds or Raconteurs then Rage :)

I really want to see Ben Folds too, but he's on at the same time as the Fratellies who are also on at the same time as Band of Horses. Gutted. :(

It's going to have to be the Fratellis.

My dad just sent me this ;

T%2Bin%2Bthe%2BPark%2B2008%2Bstage%2Btimes%2Brunning%2Border.JPG

I don't know how it compares to your timetable Charlie but it seems pretty legit.

My dad just sent me this ;

T%2Bin%2Bthe%2BPark%2B2008%2Bstage%2Btimes%2Brunning%2Border.JPG

I don't know how it compares to your timetable Charlie but it seems pretty legit.

Yeah, I saw that too. It seems pretty similar to the one I posted up..

NE meet-up anyone? Where are you going to be camping, Calza? Think my group of friends and I will be in Purple 2. You should join us over there.

Hit me on MSN, cdouglas89[at]googlemail.com

How do you know where you are camping?

I'm going tomorrow with my friends. The only thing at the moment is the complete lack of money... £30 for a bus journey, £30!!!

Well... have fun people. I'll be in the "doesn't give much of a shit" section. Playing with myself probably.:blank:

How do you know where you are camping?

I'm going tomorrow with my friends. The only thing at the moment is the complete lack of money... £30 for a bus journey, £30!!!

There are loads of different areas in the campsite, named by colour and then numbers so you can find them easily when you're pissed. Think there are red, blue, purple and green. Purple is near the bottom of the site, just below the Duracell Powerhouse.

Yeah, the bus is a rip-off. I've got my dad to give me and friends a lift as it works out so much cheaper.

Nice line up. I've already seen The Verve, Feeder, Reverend and the Makers and Stereophonics. They were all good.

And I'm back. Fantastic weekend. Didn't rain once during the day!

Will post more when I'm properly awake.

Sign in to follow this