Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Sanchez

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Takes a swim in all these games* WOOO!

*Also swims in games... but not as many*

Though I do agree that release dates for games are stupid. I hate the 'people don't play games in summer' and 'games released near christmas = £££' theories that publishers use... :/

Oh, btw, it's Red Alert 1's 13th anniversary today, so EA are letting us download the entire game for FREEEEE!!!

http://www.ea.com/redalert/news-detail.jsp?id=62

No, this isn't a cheap joke, it's true! EA are actually releasing a game for free. The end is nigh...

• 1 month later...

I hope plenty of people get the 360 version like me. I'd like to try the co-op mode with a real person as the computer opponents feck me off. I'd have to agree with the designers that even the single player game has been suited to co-operative ever since the early games. How many missions have you had to team up/protect a computer opponent and it pisses you off because they're not up to scratch. They attempted it in RA2 with the online multiplayer missions but it never worked out because the majority of people left half way through.

I hope plenty of people get the 360 version like me. I'd like to try the co-op mode with a real person as the computer opponents feck me off. I'd have to agree with the designers that even the single player game has been suited to co-operative ever since the early games. How many missions have you had to team up/protect a computer opponent and it pisses you off because they're not up to scratch. They attempted it in RA2 with the online multiplayer missions but it never worked out because the majority of people left half way through.

I'm definatly getting it for the 360. I have already pre-ordered it. Looking forward to this quite alot...

• 2 weeks later...
Personally i've always felt the series has been way over the top. Mind controlled squid, tanks with brains in them, hulk like mutants, tesla troopers, etc. It'll be the gameplay that decides this for me.

But it always had a somewhat grim look and was more like a cheesy sci-fi movie than what currently is. Now it only refers to stereotypes.

Well, I got RA3 in the post this morning, and it's pretty damn good!

Although the first Soviet mission is a little slow and easy, but it'll hopefully pick up pace soon. The AI ally was actually pretty good too, though I hope that doesn't make the entire game too easy...

Oh, and the intro is AWESOME!!!